Requested Mods

Serp, hence I'm asking for a mod :)

.. sry... I think I misunderstand you :D
I think you are asking for a mod that solves a problem, that does not exist.

So in real you are asking for a mod that creates the "problem" ? So you want a mod, that makes you able to build a mint, after you build a great improvement on gold/silver?

Is there a mod that will let me choose which city states will spawn in ynaemp? I found in this thread some information.
Maybe someone managed some similar mod?

I wish there was a mod which wouldn't mod anything at all, but would only move ALL hard-coded constants into the database. Actually, a mod for only Sql/Xml/Lua modders who don't want to mess with C++ dlls...

Hello, I always thought that Ancient Era should be more ... city-statey.

Could someone make a mod that would disable BUILDING settlers till that civilization enters Classical Era?
All these dumb AIs spending all their production on settlers while getting overrun by barbarians (which would in the end almost always TAKE that precious settler from them anyway) early are just pathetic, so this would cause all civs to play "one city challenge" at least in the first era.

I'd do it myself, but the only way that I know of (I can only handle some mild xml stuff, not lua) that would make this possible (more or less) is by tying settler to some specific classical era technology (instead of ANY ONE classical tech) or disable them completely in XML (which would turn them off completely and the game would be one-city challenge till it ends..)

Could someone make a mod that would disable BUILDING settlers till that civilization enters Classical Era?

If you want to dive into Lua modding, it's a pretty simple one, something like:
Code:
local iSettler = GameInfoTypes.UNIT_SETTLER
GameEvents.PlayerCanTrain.Add(function(iPlayer, iUnit) 
  if (iUnit == iSettler) then
	local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
	if pPlayer:GetCurrentEra() == 0 then
		return false
	end
  end

return true
end)

Add the Lua file as content type InGameUIAddin.

I'm new here, and fairly new at Civilization, but I do have a request.
A conspiricy theory based scenario.
Now, hear me out.
The premise is that you are one of several of the international conspiracy theories that various loonies have been ranting about for decades. For example, Majestic 12, Antarctic Nazis, Lizard People, The Jews, The Greys, The International Communist Conspiracy, and of course, Satan.
You start out in control of one city, on a map of the world circa 1947ish. Cities exist where they would be at the time, but no one's in control of them. Settlers are replaced by infiltrators, who can take over a city. In addition to your standard military units, you can build "dark" units that can only be seen by other "dark" units. Things like Men in Black, UFOs, chupacabras, ect.
The cultural victory would be modifed, so that it's linked to happiness (Sheeple). The idea would be to make keeping your citizens brainwashed is much more important. Culture would be renamed "Propaganda", and represents conspiracy theorists that you're hiring to expose the other conspiracies.
The Science Victory would be the same as in the base game, only cosmetically different for each faction (Floridating all water for the Commies, Alien Invasion for The Greys, Bringing about The Antichrist for Satan, cloning Hitler for the Space Nazis, ect)
The tech tree, of course, would have to be modified to include a bunch of conspiracy pseudoscience (Zero Point Energy, HAARP Waves, Timecube).
Naturally, espionage would have to be expanded to include a bunch of options for spies, such as "assassinate political leader, turn people to devil worship with kids cartoons, fluoridate water supply)
Of course, this is probably all unworkable, and I have no real clue how to mod. Regardless, it would be hilarious to play something like this, and I really hope this inspires someone to make this or help me make this.

The premise is that you are one of several of the international conspiracy theories that various loonies have been ranting about for decades. For example, Majestic 12, Antarctic Nazis, Lizard People, The Jews, The Greys, The International Communist Conspiracy, and of course, Satan.
Custom civilizations...
You start out in control of one city, on a map of the world circa 1947ish. Cities exist where they would be at the time, but no one's in control of them. Settlers are replaced by infiltrators, who can take over a city.
So, city-states and everybody has Merchant of Venices.
In addition to your standard military units, you can build "dark" units that can only be seen by other "dark" units. Things like Men in Black, UFOs, chupacabras, ect.
Insert submarine promotion to units.
The cultural victory would be modifed, so that it's linked to happiness (Sheeple). The idea would be to make keeping your citizens brainwashed is much more important. Culture would be renamed "Propaganda", and represents conspiracy theorists that you're hiring to expose the other conspiracies.
The Science Victory would be the same as in the base game, only cosmetically different for each faction (Floridating all water for the Commies, Alien Invasion for The Greys, Bringing about The Antichrist for Satan, cloning Hitler for the Space Nazis, ect)
The tech tree, of course, would have to be modified to include a bunch of conspiracy pseudoscience (Zero Point Energy, HAARP Waves, Timecube).
:confused:
Naturally, espionage would have to be expanded to include a bunch of options for spies, such as "assassinate political leader, turn people to devil worship with kids cartoons, fluoridate water supply)
Would need to expand into Espionage's LUA of course.
Of course, this is probably all unworkable, and I have no real clue how to mod. Regardless, it would be hilarious to play something like this, and I really hope this inspires someone to make this or help me make this.
Anything can work if you have the time.

Well Hello,
Does anybody know of a mod that will remove the processing turn graphic as well as other indications of the number of AI Civs in the game?

I like to play my game on random map size, but as soon as my first turn is done the "Processing Turns" graphic tells me exactly how many other Civs are in the game. I'd like that to remain a mystery until I actually meet them in game. Ideally the mod I'm looking for would turn off the "Processing Turn for..." graphic or replace it with just a generic "Processing turn for CPU" (so I know the games hasn't hung up) without saying which specific civs it's processing for.

As an added bonus the mod would also turn off the pop up "rankings" screens that come up every once in a while, or even better would only display your ranking among the civs you've already met. (For example, even if there were 12 civs in the game, if you've only met 5 it would only show the ranking of the Top 5 Happiest/Richest/Most Literate People in the World.)

Is this something that exists somewhere? I have this terrible feeling that it might even be a UI setting I haven't been smart enough to find. If so, I'd greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Thanks

I have this terrible feeling that it might even be a UI setting I haven't been smart enough to find. If so, I'd greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

It's not a setting that the game includes by default so you haven't missed it. As to whether or not a mod exists to do this, I don't know.

Well Hello,
Does anybody know of a mod that will remove the processing turn graphic as well as other indications of the number of AI Civs in the game?
I'm pretty sure there isn't, but it's not a big change, so I whipped up something real quick. I'm at work at the moment, so I didn't have a chance to test it, so send me a private message if it doesn't work or if you have any further questions. I even tried to make sure that it works regardless of which expansions you have.

EDIT: There's lots of other things that would need to change if you want to "finish" the idea. Do you want to hide notifications about unknown civs adopting pantheons and religions? What about a wonder built by an unknown civ? Maybe hide it unless it was one you are currently working on?

Attachments

• Hide Unmet Civs (v 1).civ5mod
    4.7 KB · Views: 46
Is there a MOD that adds more religions to the game?
on huge map 8 instead of 7, large 8 instead of 6,...
I'm using Barathor's more luxuries and more pantheon beliefs Mods, which allows with number of beliefs to have max 8 religions in the game.

Is there a MOD that adds more religions to the game?
on huge map 8 instead of 7, large 8 instead of 6,...
I'm using Barathor's more luxuries and more pantheon beliefs Mods, which allows with number of beliefs to have max 8 religions in the game.

If someone else want more present religions, I have founded this mod on steam that adds more active religions to the game and it works great with calcul8or's Bison & Cocoa Implementation which adds 2 more pantheons that are needed if Byzantium is in the game.

I'm looking for a mod that lets naval units ignore borders. I'm completely illiterate in everything needed to make such a change myself, giving merit to why I've come here.

I'm looking for a mod that lets naval units ignore borders. I'm completely illiterate in everything needed to make such a change myself, such have come here.

Should be compatible with all the ships in the Civ 5's files unless you have a mod that adds or removes these ships. PM me if there are any issues.

Enjoy.
The more compatible enjoy.

This already existed for subs.

Mod idea: if a civ captures another civ's capital, it will be able to build their UU. Is this doable?

Should be compatible with all the ships in the Civ 5's files unless you have a mod that adds or removes these ships. PM me if there are any issues.

Enjoy.

Thanks a heap, though, I did some reading into the file - and, while I'm not sure of everything, it looks like you're taking each unit specifically and applying the promotion after optics when their in friendly territory, yes? This means that, by the looks of you writing in UUs that it should have issues with modded ships if I'm not mistaken.

Is it not possible to make something up where you use unit classes (melee ships; ranged ships) rather than specific units for mod compatibility?

I think it would be nice if we have a mod that make combat have more integrity. I mean like:

Naval melee: every naval unit either shoot arrow or cannon, they all should be ranged attack, with whatever range.

Aerial warfare: infantry and should not do full damage to planes esp bombers. And melee units should not be able to retaliate at all against air units.

Gunpowder units: units with guns should not have melee attack, they got guns, duh. They should do ranged attack and automatically occupy city if they are 1 tile away and attacks the city to destruction.

Early eras has the most integrity in combat imo, with melee units and archers, and later chariot archers, mounted, and siege. Their attack range should be the standard for later eras.

Later era are a mess, soldiers with guns doing melee attack, machine guns & anti tank weapons having less range than archers, infantry fighting toe to toe vs stealth bomber, infantry taking 3 guided missile to the face still alive, cities instantly start repairing itself right after being nuked, etc.

I think later era should stick with attack range of 1, 2, 3. It would be neat. With planes and missiles being special.

What do you think about this guys? Or is there already such mod?

Thanks a heap, though, I did some reading into the file - and, while I'm not sure of everything, it looks like you're taking each unit specifically and applying the promotion after optics when their in friendly territory, yes? This means that, by the looks of you writing in UUs that it should have issues with modded ships if I'm not mistaken.

Is it not possible to make something up where you use unit classes (melee ships; ranged ships) rather than specific units for mod compatibility?
Nope, if you wanted to add more ship for mod compatibility. Use their unit classes to which you would copy and paste what I just did.

Top Bottom