Another WW2 scenario

Not a bad idea. Small stacks (ie. maybe 2-3) is definitely something I will look into for a future update. Not gonna try adding something so complicated at this point though.

As far as difficulty, I would recommend prince for any small empires. It might be worth trying out King if you plan to play as a major power though. The AI will still be dumb tactically of course, but it will be able to replace units faster.

On that same subject, another nice addition this update makes are some changes to the AI. The targeting priorities have been modified so that it will go after units more often (as opposed to being obsessed with bombing the same city over and over...). Also it will hurry production much more often. That was something that really bothered me before, as the AI civs with great economies would often just sit on hordes of gold (sometimes >40k), all the while they are being overrun by an invading force.

I meant multiple units on the same tile, which is not possible in this game...

But yeah im happy you made the AI a little smarter, and now i wanna play on deity as Germany, and watch the USSR get 40+ conscripts and overrun me 5 turns after i declare war!

Well I haven't tried it myself, but I assumed it was possible after I posted about it in a thread recently. Apparently someone has actually made a mod that does just that. Like I said though, I haven't tested it out or played this "Legion" mod. It appears to be very easy to implement if it does what it sounds like.

The thread I was referring to is here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=433887

There is also a nice mod which makes the scale larger : it's called Larger Scale Mod
here is a link

Concerning the civilizations, maybe you could use the mod which adds Vietnam as a playable civ. The ruler is Ho Chi Minn, they have a specific rifleman and a specific temple. I think their trait (Guerilla Warfare) makes their units move faster, and/or they are stronger, but they do not have any experience.

btw, which mods are compatible with yours ?

Generally speaking, compatible mods would be any that don't change something that the WWII mod already messes with. That's the safest bet anyways, but you may find some exceptions to that.

The mods I've personally played alongside with the scenario have mostly been wonder mods in the past, so I do know those work. Although they tend to introduce a bug that is associated with civ5 too, so it's a tough decision in the sense that you risk your game crashing sporadically.
Another that I've used before was naval counterattacks.

I'll include a list of the changes this mod makes eventually, so it will be easy to see exactly what it does.

Would love to play this mod but still can't get it to go ... have you conformed that the additional DLCs are indeed necessary to play this? If so I can get them. Thx.

I do not have the Spain, Inca, Babylon, Polynesia DLC, either.

My solution to this: open up the map in WorldBuilder. Go to the scenario editor. There should be a list of civilizations.
Find the civs that you do not have the DLC for (Spain, Argentina, Brazil, Iraq, Australia)... and then just move them down the list making them the last civs on the list in the scenario.

You won't be able to play as these civs... but it will make it so that you can see and select any of the other civs. The scenario should be perfectly playable... what it will do is that upon starting the scenario for the first time, the computer will randomly select other civs to fill in the blanks.
The only problem with this really is that it can be confusing as you will have multiple leaders with the same name. For instance, in my last game Genghis Khan was the leader of both Spain and Brazil.

In response to Farrapo.
If you're determined to avoid DLC, this might be a solution. I do not know for sure whether this works or not, as Ghandi Khan was playing on an older version. I can't think of any reason why it would no longer work though, so it's worth a try. It's a little complicated if you've never used World Builder. If that's the case I recommend checking out Kael's civ 5 modding guide and skipping to his World Builder section.

If you're considering starting/investing a bunch of time into a new game today using version 7/8, you might want to keep in mind that I'm planning to upload a large update over the weekend. Not sure exactly when, but if I don't hit too many road blocks I should have it up this evening.

Would love to play this mod but still can't get it to go ... have you conformed that the additional DLCs are indeed necessary to play this? If so I can get them. Thx.

All i have is denmark as additional DLC and I can play just fine...

What?:wallbash: I am having no problem seeing them at the bottom of the opening post. It is in 4 parts, all of which are civ5mod files. Maybe there is a delay or something.

This is the directory line mine is located in, which is a typical one:

C:\Users\Rhett\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

Got it and installed it.

2 and a half turns done, here my report.

Took paris during turn three, France army pretty much gone. Pushing into egypt with my afrika korps. Took all 3 cities representing poland (take that stalin!) Took multiple city states.

Bug reports: Timeline is screwed up, its year 2059 now. Italy denounced me after i ended turn 2...

Got it and installed it.

2 and a half turns done, here my report.

Took paris during turn three, France army pretty much gone. Pushing into egypt with my afrika korps. Took all 3 cities representing poland (take that stalin!) Took multiple city states.

Bug reports: Timeline is screwed up, its year 2059 now. Italy denounced me after i ended turn 2...

I decided to do a test using the files in this thread myself. I made sure that all my preexisting files related to the mod were moved so that I was actually testing the files here and not the ones I already checked.

My finding is that the timeline is working just fine. Only played 1 turn, but it was still 1939 at the start of the 2nd turn.
My guess is you must be playing on epic, marathon, or quick gamespeed. That will conflict with the timeline mod component.

Surprised you went after those city states next to USSR btw. They are definitely intended to go to the Soviets, as I think Germany starts out at peace with them.

Anyways, thanks for the timely feedback :goodjob:. I'm glad it seems to be working, and pending any major issues being discovered will be taking a nice break from WWII modding for a little while.

2 turns, all deafults . . .

WOW, WOW & WOW (great job)

dlmt3: Stay out of Eastern Poland, Hitler (you) gave them to Stalin. Yes, Paris should take at least 4 moves (try uping the difficulty)

P.S.

My germies are grey again, thx :)

I've been playing Japan and I noticed a few things:
First, every time I disembark my infantry, it changes to a spearman. Hopefully it's only a graphic bug and there is no issue with the gameplay at all (it's just funny). Also the leaders now have heir old names like Askia Songhai for example instead of Argentina.
I don't know if it is a bug, but Japan can't produce type 97 tanks, only tankettes less effective at combat, while i hae something like 9 oil.

Then, about Japan, I thought you could improve some little things:
You could change the flag: the current one corresponds to the current flag of Japan. (during the war, it was like this).
Japan attacked Pearl Harbor because the Americans were against its expansion, and so, they had stopped giving Japan the resources it needed (oil notably). So maybe you could make the game start with a resource deal between Japan and USA (which will end automatically once they declare war on each other).

Thanks again for the mod! It's great

I've been playing Japan and I noticed a few things:
First, every time I disembark my infantry, it changes to a spearman. Hopefully it's only a graphic bug and there is no issue with the gameplay at all (it's just funny). Also the leaders now have heir old names like Askia Songhai for example instead of Argentina.
I don't know if it is a bug, but Japan can't produce type 97 tanks, only tankettes less effective at combat, while i hae something like 9 oil.

Then, about Japan, I thought you could improve some little things:
You could change the flag: the current one corresponds to the current flag of Japan. (during the war, it was like this).
Japan attacked Pearl Harbor because the Americans were against its expansion, and so, they had stopped giving Japan the resources it needed (oil notably). So maybe you could make the game start with a resource deal between Japan and USA (which will end automatically once they declare war on each other).

Thanks again for the mod! It's great

Ugh, this doesn't sound good. I will check the mod out and see if I can find anything indicating why that would be happening. At first glance, I don't see a problem though. I'll try testing out Japan as well, and see if I find the same.

Danrell has posted even more WWII unit graphics recently btw, so now I know what the next update will mainly be about. Some of his ships/tanks look fantastic.

Same problem with the leaders names, and the name of hitler is something like TXT_LEADER_HITLER (as well as mussolini and the others)
Also, the names of the u-boat for example is TXT_UNIT_GERMAN_U-BOAT. THis is with all the "new units" (tankettes, advanced units, SS, planes).
Is there an easy fix for this problem?

I couldn't get the spearman issue to show up. All embarked infantry are showing up normal for me. I'm using the files attached in this thread too, so I should be testing the same mod you guys are playing. Did you follow the Edited_Aim_State instructions? There are 2 files. The one in part 2 of the mod is supposed to be for infantry animations and the one in part 3 of the mod is for aircraft. I had animation issues when I first tried to use the graphics, but after doing exactly as those instructions say I haven't seen a one.

I also didn't notice the TXT_KEY problems. Are you sure you downloaded and enabled all 4 parts? I'll take a second look at those names I guess, but I could have swore the text entry updates were all included in the mod. Anyone else getting TXT_KEY references for names?

The problem I did find though, is that the Japanese tank is indeed not showing up as buildable. No idea why this is yet. The tanks the Japanese start with seemed to work, and the civilopedia displays all correct info on them for me. The only problem I notice is they do not show up in the tech tree under combustion.

Anyways, I will be trying to figure this stuff out. If I keep hearing that everyone is definitely experiencing problems I'll try cleaning and rebuilding the old mod files. It's possible something went wrong when I built the fragmented versions yesterday. Before I take the time to do something like that I need to know that everyone is experiencing the same issues though.

Top Bottom