[BtS] Diversica

Version 0.40 released, mostly new tanks (some) and aircrafts (lots), some other additional units as well.

xml bugfix released, get the 0.40a xml and add it to the mod.

As to doing ships, I will, but there aren't that many ships available, so the diversity is still small.

I am using the warrior for Russia, once I manage to get the different civilizations separated into different styles without overlapping the barbarian style, I will add one.

Hey,
First off, great mod! I've really enjoyed it, I can't play Civ4 without now!

However, i've noticed that theres a couple bugs with the Byzantine units (My favourite BTS civ at the moment). Macemen animation is frozen, and you cannot promote them and assign advancement commants (disband, explore, fortify, etc.), I also noticed this for the Byzantine Chariot as well. Hopefully you can figure this out, as playing the Byzantines (which I certainly *must* do) is difficult without an Axemen counter or any warfare in the Middle-ages without Macemen.

Thanks, glad you like it :)

As to the unit problems, I am not at all sure what could have caused them. All I did was replace the graphics, while this probably does explain the animation problems, I should not be responsible for the promotion and command trouble (as none of the files I changed even contain that info).

Upon checking the byzantine units I found that I had assigned the wrong animation to the macemen, the chariot should be ok however.

I'll look into it some more.

EDIT :

The chariot works for me (they did fortify, as expected), the maceman now works as well (not sure if he didn't work before but he certainly fortifies now), the maceman also can gain promotions, so whatever your problem is, it is not actually related to the mod as far as I can tell.

Got tired of waiting for patch 3.13 and decided to relase the next version before it, enjoy ;)

Yeah, im not sure what was doing it, but i'll download the next version and see if i'm still having a problem. A lot of effort into this so far, great job! Thanks!

I used the original layout of the flag, which probably resulted in rather small stars, I'll see what to do about it.

Attached it what i was talking about along time ago, that way when you get the FIRST, Dawn of War pic of America you have the R/W/B instead of that stupid blue star. see attached. Hope you like it better. Just trying to help.

Hey, Byzantine Units are working fine. However, I'd prefer to keep all the old flags pre 0.50. I don't have a clue how to mod, (thats why Diversica was so great to me), but, how would you remove the new flag changes?

To remove the flag changes, delete the Flags subdirectory in all civs, this way the civilizations will default to their regular flags again. (Alternatively, rename the .xml files in them to .txt or something like that, that way you can undo the changes again if you want to).

The exception being the new civs I added (Poland, Israel, ...), these would need changed definitions in the xml file in that directory to use different flags as they have no defaults.

Hey! Thanks a lot. I'm really enjoying this mod so far, just wanting to tweaking to my own personal tastes, here and there.

So, deleting any of the folders in the Diversica mod (except the new ones you added) will just return it to default?

There are some things which return to default upon being deleted.

If you delete the Flags subdirectory, the flags will use the defaults again (for the default civs, there are no defaults for the additional civs).

None of the other subdirectories of a civilization can be deleted (only Flags can).

If you delete a civilization it will default to the standard civ again (assuming it wasn't one of the civs I added).

EDU and Ehnical Artstyles cannot be unplugged easily as the civilizations depend on some of their definitions, unplugging those will take some xml editing (not much though).

You know what would make my day? If this could be added to the Next War Mod somehow. Or rather, the mod that's around here that fixes the problems with the BtS released NW mod. I think it's called Expanded NW or something?

Either way, I'm really excited about this mod! Keep up the good work!

I guess I will make your day eventually, as I will add the next war mod eventually (not directly, but as an optional expansion). As I have caught up with the units, this is what is next on my list, I am waiting for 3.13 before I start though.

Top Bottom