Community Civ V [CCV]

I just want to say thanks for your hard works on this. I recently purchase the complete edition and stumble upon this thread, it is a great enhancement for the game!

One minor question if you could help me? Is there a way to disable the blinking help *Press alt+ctrl+O to access game option* or does this goes away by itself eventually?

And how do I disable starting at minor civ? I don't really know what this is either. I cannot enter the diplomatic screen with other leader when I click on their name above the mini map. It say *Diplomacy is unable with the minor civ* will this go away later? Or is there something wrong?

Thanks for the help!

The *Press alt+ctrl+O to access game option* thing will go away if you disable it in the game options. Use the alt+ctrl+O or the new blue CCV interface to open the option menu. Go to one of the cards on the very right. Somewhere in the upper left corner of one card you can enable/disable the hint and the blue button.

If you don't want to start as a minor civ please disable the game option 'Start as Minors' before you start your game. Please start your game using the 'custom game'!

Development of version 5 is going on slowly. But the new medic/promotion stuff is almost finished. The interface modification should help you to keep them in mind.

Here some of the new rules:

- units can acquire the leader promotion by great warlord or experience
- units with leader promotion will get experience and commander experience points from combat
- commander experience points allow the unit to get up to 3 leader promotions
- standard experience points allow the unit to get up to 12 standard promotions
- leader, civic and medic promotions won't count to the limit of the 12 standard promotions
- all warlords have a special great leader promotion
- great leader promotions work for all units being at game turn start on the same plot as the great warlord/unit lead by warlord for one game turn
- leader promotions just work for the unit that has the promotion
- there are 3 great leader promotions in game
- there are 3x 3 leader promotions in game
- there are 5 medic promotions in game

- medic promotions will just work for the unit that has the promotion
- all three medic promotions allow the unit to heal +10% per turn
- medic1 available without prerequests and as free promotion with the technology cure
- medic2 available with cure and as free promotion with the technology medicine
- medic3 available with medicine
- march as free promotion from RedCross
- mechanic as free promotion with technology spare parts

I seem to look many time in the CCV option and can't find it... I'll go check again to disable the blinking hint..

Thanks for the advice on minor civ, I didn't start the game in custom >.< I just click play now that why I did not see the option :D

From the center-top screen downwards I get in white text auto messages like this
"BugOptions- failed writing ini.file etc." filling up a dozen lines. Expected it could be disabled in the game options area but nothing there seemed to work, so any help is appreciated.

You have to close CCV and open My computer (or... folders) and go to the mods in BTS folder. Right-click the CCV folder properties and enable all access to it or else you have no rights to write in the files in mod (even the log files).

I have a question: Why can't I copy, paste and rename your mod and still have it working not crashing.
Also, how can i mod buildings there as it gives me errors like: "Error in BonusProductionModifiers, line 6358, 5" but i only changed obelisk to 90 shield cost (or hammers... loved civ 2...).

I was really starting to love the mod, but it goes out of sync on multiplayer every other turn. Any ideas?

hey thomas,

can you tell if the mod is mp compatible?

As it seems it is still not. I hoped that it would be because RevDCM seemed to be stable. But I think the next CCV version will really be MP compatible.

You can't rename CCV. There are connections in the files to the name and the folder structure!

EDIT: I'll offer a new patch soon. The RCS feature from AND is buggy and my modifications multiply the bugs. The current RCS code is a CTD source! Don't enable this game option. Version 5 has a new RCS code generation. When it's finished I'll update the version 4 code to the new code generation. The hint features from version 5 and the AI part may be missing but better than CTDs. ;)

Hey Thomas!

Good to see you back! I am just downloading the new patch, and really looking forward to play it.
"The RCS feature from AND" doesn't ring the bell for me. What is the exact option that should not be enabled?

Edit: Now I know what it is :)

Thanks,

Thomas SG, hi,

i didnt quite understood your answer, is the new version gonna be mp compatible?

could you please write whats the change log of the new patch?

thanks keep up the good work.

I'm working at the moment on the next CCV generation. The 5th generation. This version is not build upon RevDCM and doesn't include BULL. So this version should be MP compatible. Version 4 doesn't seem to be stable in MP. And if it is not at the moment it will for sure never be.

The new patch repairs the RCS (Realistic Culture Spread) stuff in version 4. The patch 4.40C includes the new basic RCS code from CCV ver.5! The code in use in CCV 4.40B (or lower) taken from AND includes a bug source. This old code is one of the reasons why version 4 crashed sometimes. It just happens more often in CCV than in AND because of the RCS dependence from infrastructure in CCV. AND doesn't care about it. And so the CTDs are multiplied by my changes to the code.

The old code could crash the game when a plot changed it's culture range while it was already in range of a city. Furthermore the city must have been loosing the plot or the culture range level the plot was once in. Both nearly never happens in AND. There must be growing a feature with cultural influence or the terrain must change by terraforming or global warming. And it must come together with the other stuff. And always only a few plots are touched. So it happens really only sometimes. But in CCV all routes and some technologies influenced the range. So we got a very high chance to get in trouble and get a CTD. The new code solves this problem. It updates the culture range of plots when a terrain, feature, route or city changes.

And this allows direct changes to the cultural plot influence. The range is not just updated when the city range grows like in the former version. And the balance is much better. Makes the early game more interesting.

EDIT: Expect a new patch in a few weeks. I've fixed the silver event bug and I'm gone repair and install the 'Manufactured Bonus' stuff in version 5 soon. When it's done I'll update and repair version 4 too.

Hey there!

You have a decent patch. I am playing it for a few days already. Like you, i hate Civ V. Anyway, mate, i think you should consider use static leader heads. The game is incredible slow in the modern age (just researched Liberalism) and i have an ultra pc with a GForce 460 GTX 1G Ram + 4G Ram.

I dunno the reason. The CPU is not been using in its full capacity but the game takes like 5 minutes to end the turn. I am playing with large map just, and now there is 24 civilizations alive.

From time to time i have an error in the log, something about the "barbarian end turn", do you know?

Well, thank you, anyway, for this patch. I ll try a new one now, once that it is impossible wait 5 minutes to end a turn! :-(

So sad to see the support for this mod gone. Anyone around that still plays it that can help me out? I have horrendous turn times right around from the turn to Medieval to Renaissance Eras. I'm not entirely sure if it's related to the mod or if it's just an old game not working well with today's hardware. I'm talking about end-turn times that take upward to two to three minutes and sometimes momentary freezes while working things in your own turn (such as other Civs finishing their moves!).

So sad to see the support for this mod gone. Anyone around that still plays it that can help me out? I have horrendous turn times right around from the turn to Medieval to Renaissance Eras. I'm not entirely sure if it's related to the mod or if it's just an old game not working well with today's hardware. I'm talking about end-turn times that take upward to two to three minutes and sometimes momentary freezes while working things in your own turn (such as other Civs finishing their moves!).

The end of turn slowdowns are related to the vast number crunching as the game checks all of the resource-> production chains and there is nothing that can be done about it. It usually gets really bad as soon as civs can do trade across the ocean as that greatly multiplies the chains involved. High praise to ThomasSG for his vision and effort but the game engine just can't handle the detail he put into it. I had to stop playing CCV because of the slowdowns but luckily someone pointed me towards the Realism Invictus mod which is awesome and runs at a reasonable pace.

Top Bottom