RevolutionDCM for BTS

Hello, I have a question about the leader replacement system. In my current game the leader I choose at the beginning was overthrow for 24turns. Everything worked fine... Until I realized that I had quite a lot of great people, and I realized that I still had the traits (one of them was philosophical) of the leader that replaced my first choice. I thought that when the player regained control of the game the traits changed. Could you please explain this to me?

I found a problem - revolution doesn't work in a hotset multiplayer. Somebody knows as it to solve?

I installed the mod and but I the game didn't display my revolution bar in my cities and I didn't get a revolution manager icon on my tool bar. is there something I must do first to use the revolution half of the mod or should I reinstall it?

How does this mod determine when you're in "financial trouble"? Is it only when your research/espionage/culture rates are all very low? If so, that kind of breaks things a bit for people who do binary research.

If your tax rate is above 40% ie more than 40% of your income is going into money. There is also a minimum amount needed in the bank per era.

I've discovered the following issue in a slightly modded version of this mod (I didn't make any changes to the revolutions mechanics themselves):

If an AI accepts the terms of a rebel group that demands that one (but not all) of their cities join my empire, and I click "welcome back" that city will not join my empire, and will instead remain under the AI's control.

This is in version 2.90, so I have the latest version (I think).

I want to merge this with Next War, how do I proceed? I've been getting tantalizing hints that it's supposed to be easy, but I can't find any clear instructions.

Hi!

I don't know if people still read this thread anymore, but here it goes:

This has been asked a few times before, but never fully answered: What do I need to do to add new civs to this mod? I'm thinking about getting the ones I like from CIV Gold 5.2. Do I just have to dump them to the Assets/Modules folder and enable Modular Loading in RevolutionDCM.ini? I looked at the structure of the CIV Gold mod and found there to be quite many other files and folders as well, but not being a modder, I can't understand their relevance.

Hi!

I don't know if people still read this thread anymore, but here it goes:

This has been asked a few times before, but never fully answered: What do I need to do to add new civs to this mod? I'm thinking about getting the ones I like from CIV Gold 5.2. Do I just have to dump them to the Assets/Modules folder and enable Modular Loading in RevolutionDCM.ini? I looked at the structure of the CIV Gold mod and found there to be quite many other files and folders as well, but not being a modder, I can't understand their relevance.

This is mostly what I did. for my modmod There's also another file, where every civilization is listed, along with the civs likely to arise in revolts against it, and the civs that it is likely to revolt against. IIRC that's all you need to change, though I could be wrong (start adding stuff, then follow the info XML and python exceptions give you).

I will try to find that file again.

The file is RebelTypes.py, in Assets\Python\Revolution

Does that help?

Glad to see this thread is still at least partially alive! I've been having a problem with compiling the RevDCM source code for a while, banging my head against it. Hope someone here can help out!

I compile the source code according to the instructions here

It compiles just fine, and the game loads up fine, but then when I found a city and enter the city screen, the city screen stays after I exit it.

Sample shot of the glitch:
Spoiler :

I've been using Visual Studio 2005 and Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003. I was trying to incorporate some other SDK mods into the RevDCM dll, but then I ran into this problem, which occurs even when I compile the unmodded RevDCM source. And when I compile vanilla bts source code, I get no problems at all. :crazyeye: Any ideas?

Your error isn't a compilation error, you've broken something in the python files. Turn on python error logging and check your logs.

Thanks tons, I'll check that out, it does seem like a python thing.

But then, why does it only happen when I recompile the core? If I stick with the RevDCM dll that I got with the RevDCM mod, the error doesn't happen at all. It only happens when I use a recompiled RevDCM core. I'm not saying it's not a python error, I'm just wondering if I'll be better able to track down the error if I knew why it only happens when I use a core I compiled.

EDIT:
Update, I'm thoroughly bamboozled. After trying to narrow down potential python issues, I tried replacing my entire python folder in my mod with the unchanged python folder from the RevDCM mod, but still got the same weird city glitch. Then I went all the way, and went into the unchanged RevDCM mod and replaced the RevDCM dll with my own recompiled version of the source code for that very same dll, and loaded up the RevDCM mod exactly as I'd downloaded it, with only the dll being changed. And the same city glitch struck again.

Again, the only thing I changed was replacing the dll that came with the RevDCM mod with my own recompiled version from the source files, without having changed anything in the source files. Come to think of it, I think I tried this test a few months ago, but forgot during all the troubleshooting :p

There is probably a mismatch between your DLL and the Python resulting in a Python error, presumably right before it would hide the city screen stuff from view.

Perhaps the source code you are using is not for the same version of the mod as the Python you are using.

That makes sense. But where might the mismatch be? The source code I'm using is from the download link on this thread, and the python I'm using is from the mod downloaded from this thread. I don't get the error with the dll from the mod, only from a recompiled dll from the source code provided with the mod. So,

1. Is the source code perhaps not the same version as the dll? If so, then why hasn't anyone else reported problems like this with trying to use this source code? And if so, where can I get a different (hopefully better) version of the source code?

2. Is it possible that the compiler I'm using is too old? Could that have an effect on the final dll it produces, causing it to conflict with the newer python? I'm not sure this makes any sense, but I suppose it's worth looking into...

Update:
Tried using Visual Studio 2008, since the BUG python was dated 2008...still no difference :p

EDIT 2:
Another potential piece to the puzzle I probly should've mentioned before, the downloaded source code seems to provide only the changed files, not the entire SDK, so in order to compile it I've combined the RevDCM source files with the vanilla BtS 3.19 source files, and overwritten any conflicting BtS files with the RevDCM files, then compiled from there. The resulting dll works, but with this glitch, so...could the problem be in the combining of the RevDCM files with the BtS ones?

I'll have to take this one step at a time. I've got exams on Oct-5 and my BNW mod which makes the game playable, has hit a concept problem and needs work.

About a year ago I worked with Ripple to get Evolution mod working. It was going to be the upgraded replacement for this mod and left it in his capable hands. However Ripple hit a snag and the project stopped.

During that time, I found a couple of things that needed updating in RevDCM. For example, I fixed the broken ranged bombard AI and somebody else fixed autoplay. Those fixes were going to be part of the Evolution mod.

Looks like that mod has not happened. So what I'll do after Oct 5, is fire up the old development environment, recompile the DLL and update this mod with the changes we found back then.

That should put me in a position to be able to answer basic questions about this mod. If you haven't heard anything by Oct 10, feel free to PM me with a reminder.

Hello glider1! I just saw the latest conversation between you and Omathaar.

Do you think there may be a new update of RevDCM during this year?

(epic mod btw)

Top Bottom