Caveman2Cosmos

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about transferring the files. If you mean moving files from the second (unnecessary) C2C folder into the first one, I did that inside of the 7-zip file manager, including the folder that says assets

But after doing that, the unpacked file does not show up in the C: Program files\firaxis\Civ4\BtS\Mods directory except in the 7-zip file manager. Even not seeing the file on the computer, I tried to load it through the game itself, but the mod doesn't appear in the BTS load a mod option

Thanks

Michael

How long do you wait when you try to play the game?

immediately at first, and that was several days ago. It has not shown up even as recently as today

Thanks,

MichaelB

When you FIRST start off playing C2C you might have to wait at a minimum of 10 minutes for it to work. Then after that IF you leave your PC on it only usually takes less than 2 minutes after that.

But after doing that, the unpacked file does not show up in the C: Program files\firaxis\Civ4\BtS\Mods directory except in the 7-zip file manager. Even not seeing the file on the computer, I tried to load it through the game itself, but the mod doesn't appear in the BTS load a mod option

Thanks

Michael

If it's not showing up in load a mod, it's in the wrong mods directory. For me it needs to be in My Documents/My Games/beyond the sword/Mods. Do you have a directory like that?

If it's not showing up in load a mod, it's in the wrong mods directory. For me it needs to be in My Documents/My Games/beyond the sword/Mods. Do you have a directory like that?

Thats because its in the same directory as YOUR downloaded section. You have to MANUALLY move it.

Got it to work, but I don't really know how. I unpacked the file in the documents\my games\civ4\bts\mods folder as suggested without any errors. I then cut and pasted the extracted C2C file to the FiraxisGames\Civ4\Bts\Mods folder. I don't know why that made a difference but it did.

Thanks for the help

I apologize if this is the incorrect thread to post this question but i am brand new to this community and to the C2C MOD. I have just downloaded the MOD through this forrum but when i extracted the file i noticed a message during the extraction that read as follows:

CRC failed in 'Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml' File is broken

After loading the MOD and playing the game I noticed some glitches where certain icons were missing and in certain areas of the map all i could see was a red screen and some units were just red globes.

Any ideas or has anyone else experienced anything similar to this problem? My brother and I discovered this MOD together & he downloaded to his PC and has had no problems with it where mine seems glitchy so i'm wondering if i am missing an application or something.

My PC specs are:

AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor 2.20 GHz
5.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home 64 Bit

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Every so often I get a message "Nazca lines have increased." What does it mean and should I be concerned?

Is the Neandertal civ working? I cant seem to build their culture or civ, even when reqs are met.

I downloaded the C2C from here and just placed in the mods folder. Thats it. I have my first city, and near it within it's borders are 2 cave plots, and one stone plot. It still wont let me build the neanderthal culture, neanderthal caves or neanderthal warrior

I downloaded the C2C from here and just placed in the mods folder. Thats it. I have my first city, and near it within it's borders are 2 cave plots, and one stone plot. It still wont let me build the neanderthal culture, neanderthal caves or neanderthal warrior

Did a different civ build it?

I dont believe so. Do I need to literally found the city on the cave plot? Or must the stone be worked before I can build? There are neanderthal barbs wandering all over the place though.

Heres my save:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pup8hx99pkq1uv1/c2cneand.CivBeyondSwordSave

BTW, do the units stay unique, or do they all evenutally become common European units same as all otheres? (no brow ridge :( )

BTW StrategyOnly, I may have altered the city names to fit excavation location sites, and have considered switching the speech with clips from the movie "Iceman" from the 1980s and the BBC docudrama. These are the only sources that give what neanderthal voices would have actually sounded like. (sorry, I study paleontology and all its branches) I'd love to help in the expansion of the Neanderthal civ, theres so much more to them than C2C shows and it would be amazing to see Neandertal marines and modern units still using the warrior and stone thrower units as a body base.

You need to have the stone improved with a stone tools workshop and a track connecting it to the city or have the city on the resource to be able to build the culture.

We have discussed allowing the unit to upgrade but never had anyone with the time to work on it.

I have a weird problem with this mod (downloaded the last version from here). Although the main menu and EVERYTHING in the whole game is in English, whenever I start a scenario (or a map), all the options show in French (civ names, difficulty settings, etc.) moreover, in the game itself everything is also in French (unit and tech names, city names...). In the normal beyond the sword and other mods I didn't have such a problem. And the language in the options is English btw.

Have any ideas what might cause the problem?

Thanks

Check your civilizationIV.ini file
Code:
; English(0),French(1),German(2),Italian(3),Spanish(4) - Defaults to user-installed language
Language = 0

If language is 1 C2C will be in French

thanks, but that's not the case. Language is 0. Something else is the problem (and the problem is only with the mod, everything else runs in English)

** solved** - seems that my Rise of Mankind has somehow turned to French language, and this caused C2C to show up in French too.

Top Bottom