Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Well, uhh, maybe it was me adding them accidentally by clicking on those tiles with the mouse - sorry :)

(they look nice, though, don't they?)

AG,

Have you thought about changing victory conditions?

The kind of boring thing about civ4 is that almost all of the games
conclude in SS-victory, which is a form I like but to have this all the time... well...

And the AI always go for it - never goes into real big wars...

Maybe if other conditions could be met with more ease
(hey, think of culture, too!),
the game would be more variable and exciting.

hm?

I've done a lot of tinkering with victory conditions since the release because I as well hate the SS victory.

What I've tried.....

1 - lowering the cultural value to get a win. 3 cities with 50000? Yeah, right. I had been tinkering with 3 cities with 10000 for a while and even that was hard unless you culture bombed 2 of the cities with artists. In this mod I don't see much culture so 50000 is a ton! You can modify either the number of cities or the amount needed. Needs tinkering.
2 - Change the domination numbers. 50% and 42% or whatever it really is, that's simply boring when you play that long. Drop it to 25% land area and who cares about population. And 25% isn't easy, believe me.
3 - The diplo victory is crap, I usually disable that one.

I'm not sure what other goals could be made. You can always simply end at a certain tech, but where do you draw the line? I guess we'll have to wait for scenarios.

Personally I think I'll mess with domination numbers and see how that turns out.

Oh, and where do I have to mess with those numbers?

I think we should have an open discussion about this victory topic here and get to a consensus which could then be implemented into this mod...

- - -

I started another game with Austria and this time on Noble:

AD 230
I have 5 cities, 4 circled around Vienna.
I have Venice, a great Catholician centre now,
but I have no horse-city in the Eastern Plains...
Maybe the borders of Budapest will reach that far eventually...

I am leader in Score, Land and Population!

Napoleon would not give me open border,
ehh, how will my kind missionaries carry there the word of God?

V. Soma said:
Oh, and where do I have to mess with those numbers?

I think we should have an open discussion about this victory topic here and get to a consensus which could then be implemented into this mod...

Since AG didn't modify this to my knowledge you'll have to go into the core files and make a copy and move it over to this mod. It's the Civ4VictoryInfos.xml file in the GameInfo folder, I think. Being at work might not be the best place to explain this. :) Or he might have modified this and it is in the GameInfo folder of EuropaEuropa.

When you open this file up it's fairly self explanatory about what you can mod in the victory conditions. The wierd thing for me has always been in Domination where I enter values and they always are different in random maps. I might put in 25%, but on the victory screen it'll be 36% or something. With a fixed map this may not be a problem.

With Culture you can determine how many cities need to reach a certain level for a win. You can also set the level needed to win. Sadly the default levels jump from 5000 to 50000 culture points. That's a huge jump. There is another file called CultureLevel.xml (or something close) located somewhere that can also be modified to change how many points are needed for that jump in culture. Normally I change the 5000 to 7500 or 10000 and then set my victory condition for that level.

I never messed with the other conditions.

V. Soma said:
I started another game with Austria and this time on Noble:

AD 230
I have 5 cities, 4 circled around Vienna.
I have Venice, a great Catholician centre now,
but I have no horse-city in the Eastern Plains...
Maybe the borders of Budapest will reach that far eventually...

I am leader in Score, Land and Population!

Napoleon would not give me open border,
ehh, how will my kind missionaries carry there the word of God?

Man, I have no idea how you show self control with only 5 cities by 230AD. I can't stop expanding and it's killing me! Have you noticed a big difference going from Prince to Noble? I imagine you'll stay in front and never look back. :)

Hm, yes, it is only 5 cities, but this means that:

- I can keep tech at 90-100%
- these are very nice cities with optimum food/shield rate
- I have 3 workers working night and day ;) to get all those stuff:
irons, stone, game, corn, pig, wine (Venice!)...
- I built Stonehenge and Pyramids - I set to Feud. Monarchy
so that Vienna be a powerhouse!
- I build a lot of buildings AND military both!
I think I build fast with having the most population...

In fact now I have my 6th city on those Plains to have the horses...

Yes, I think Noble is way easier, a big step backwards...
Now that I have Venice, it is a BIG difference,
Italy is now next to last in score.

Interesting fact is that Victoria made an ancient D-day ;)
and has a city at "Calais"... this sets Bonaparte as last in score...

Austria, Noble - AD 620

I decided I will make friends with Italia and the Ottomans through trading...
My plan is that Victor will give me defense in the west,
while in the east Suleiman will set his angry eyes on Sobieski and not me...

Peter turned to Orthodox and closed his borders from me,
just before my priest could get there - ehh...

I am still a secure leader and hope to get Hanging Gardens and
be the first to get Music! :)

Oh, and by giving a free tech to Bonaparte, I got the opnened borders
and Paris was introduced to faith in the next turn!

Thanks, I will see to that for the next game...

- - -

Hehe, Suleiman turned to Catholicism! :)
Now it seems he and Peter will be angry at each other!

It is Victoria and Isabella, the girls that are no friends to me,
but they are not neighbours to good old Austria :)

Italia is strengthening but well, that is okay.
I had Music first and I have the Gardens,
in fact I had 4 wonders so far and hope to get a 5th soon: The Library.

I plan to have Golden Age soon and Feudal civics in around AD 800.

is there a way to play this in MP ?

Whenever I load a mod the multiplayer button is disabled. If I try to load a scenario from say Direct connect, it won't list the mods :'(

onedreamer said:

Check back a page or 2. AG suggested how it could be done and was hoping someone would try it.

onedreamer said:

Whenever I load a mod the multiplayer button is disabled. If I try to load a scenario from say Direct connect, it won't list the mods :'(

Open EuropaEuropa.ini with notepad (it's the first file in the Europa Europa folder). Change "SinglePlayerOnly = 1" to "SinglePlayerOnly = 0". Save. Let us know if it works.

V.Soma said:
Have you thought about changing victory conditions?

Yes. This would be very appropriate...

Here were some of my ideas for victory conditions in the future:
-adding the religious victory mod (not sure how AI would handle it)
-adding a "Colonization Victoy"... with certain techs, e.g. "Discover China," you can build certain "Colonies," i.e. special wonders - e.g. "Hong Kong." Colonies would also give you resources to trade - thus no more silk in Europe. Get colonies on all continents, 50% of all colonies, or something like that, and you win. Kind of a renamed "Wonder Victory."

Any more ideas?

Progress is coming on the 1100 AD scenario. It's looking pretty good. A beta should be up next week.

Thanks for the feedback all. I'm really busy this week, so that's why I can't keep up with the conversations. :(

I like the idea of a Colonization Victory. Not sure how you plan on implementing it, but it sounds cool.

Not sure about religious victory however. What happens if you didn't found Catholicism or any religion? Can you win then?

Looking forward to 1100AD scenario and further updates.

One more thing. I'm quite sure there's a mod coming out this weekend that has new resources (potatoes, coffee, ect). Will you add these when available?

ArbitraryGuy said:
Open EuropaEuropa.ini with notepad (it's the first file in the Europa Europa folder). Change "SinglePlayerOnly = 1" to "SinglePlayerOnly = 0". Save. Let us know if it works.

Works perfectly thanks ! Good project btw :)

edit: Paganism does not work.

When I load the mod it comes up with an error message "invalid mod directory, ignoring" but then it loads up anyway. When screen pops up I am ready to pick my civ but I can only choose from 4 civs, Germany, France, Russia, and England I believe. Anyone have any answers? Thanks in advance.

Can I ask why you deleted the Jewish Religion? There were millions of Jews living in Poland and Russia...

You should add the great Byzantine empire or delete the Teutonic Empire- both were very strong and existed in the same period.

Can I ask why you deleted the Jewish Religion? There were millions of Jews living in Poland and Russia...
But it wasn't a state religion anywhere in Europe, so it's quite obvious that it's not included ;)

Top Bottom