[MOD] Sevo's CivFanatics Fusion 2.0

ACEofHeart said:
Question...
I have to use Patch 1.09 as the new 1.52 Patch causes graphics problem for me..:(
I love your mod so I'm back to using version 1.0.. only thing,, I want to remove is the "Random Events".. how can this be done without hurting the structure of the entire Mod..??
thanks

Download the file below and copy it into the mod directory shown below. It should overwrite the file of the same name in the mod. I'm pretty sure this will work, but I haven't tested it. THIS IS FOR VERSION 1.0 of the sevomod!

It should go in /sevomod/assets/python/CvSevoEventManger.py

Attachments

• CvSevoEventManager.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 174
I can build the Marines but it wont let me build the U.S. Navy Seals. I'm wondering if this is a bug or if you didn't include the unit with the mod.
Great mod by the way i'll keep an eye out for the next version!!

how can i activate the religios special units like the crusader?
the mod´s are nice - but i miss the crusaders
thx

Glinka said:
I'm still not getting images of the "lost wonders" when I've finished them. As I've never played the standalone mod, is this just part of it? I can envision a case where an image screen automatically pops up when you finish a wonder, regardless of whether there's an image planned for it, or not.

you have to install the lost wonder mod or change a few lines in a certain file if you want to see the wonder movies. (or install the monument extension for the sevo mod 2.01)

see this post bottom:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3573152&postcount=17

i dunno if i'm maybe too late and it's already fixed in the latest version but...

when i played this really nice mod i noticed that there's a lack of transport ships when u can build the caravel but not yet the privateer because u can't build the galley anymore...

Badmojo said:
hey Sevo As always Great Mod!! :)

GreatPerson MOD v0.3 - by Requies and Dr Elmer Jiggle (the one whitout popup!!!) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=143589

Clock MOD - by homegrown

PLEEEEASE add these two very small mods :))

Noted!

I haven't forgotten about this mod! I'm just frantically working on the religion mod and it's become quite the behemoth. Anyway, it's nearing a testing phase (i.e., post so you all can play and tell me what to fix!), and then I'll be back to work on this mod to fix the bugs and add some civs, etc. :)

rebel5555 said:
I can build the Marines but it wont let me build the U.S. Navy Seals. I'm wondering if this is a bug or if you didn't include the unit with the mod.
Great mod by the way i'll keep an eye out for the next version!!

This mod changes the American UU. It is now US cavalry. I think its a good change as US Navy seals came so late and seemed very limited in their use.

First I love this mod it rocks but have some comments:

1) It seems many times when i get compass for the caraval I am no longer able to produce galleys... Why is this?

2) The computer AI seems very bad at dealing with the cultural decay after taking over a city. I understand how it works so will rush a theater or cut down trees to help build some sort of cultural building to get the squares to expand. Ive seen the AI sit on a city with zero workable squares for eons though.

3) I like the fact that you re-examined some of the UU, like the American one. May I suggest taking a look at the Aztecs Jaguar Warrior and the French Muskateer. In the Aztecs case their UU is the only one that is weaker than the original, even though it doesnt require Iron this makes it very undesireable. Perhaps if it had 2 movement or something it would be understandable. The French Muskateer on the other hand is only one step from grenadiers who are 33% more powerful. The extra movement is not too useful at this point. Thier UU gets outdated faster than any.

Just thought Id mention that. Otherwise sweet mod.

Lastly, perhaps jails can be modded. I find it odd they are only useful when in war.

in regards to the forests, would there be a way to simulate aging forests in the game, like have a few different age groups and have the forests progress in order(new, young, standard, old, over grown) and have the age determine the production bonus given when cleared, this way you dont have a long worker time as well as balanceing the chop rewards based on the time the forest has existed

First, great mod but with the NextLevel civ pack included, the game will out of nowhere just crash completely. However, without the civ pack, the game runs flawlessly with your mod. ::shrug:: Not sure what is going on there, but hopefully a future patch will fix this random crashing because those civs look interesting to play.

Either that, or I will just wait for you to add the civs. ;)

naf4ever said:
1) It seems many times when i get compass for the caraval I am no longer able to produce galleys... Why is this?
This is now a known bug...the upgrade path messed things up. I have to fix it in the next release.

I haven't noticed the AI/cultural decay problem. I could fix that pretty easily with a limit to how far down a city decays. Cultural decay should only occur on tiles NOT occupied by ANY city, based on the coding. If a computer takes/builds a city in your land your own culture may be overwhelming the new/captured city and it's never going to grow anyway. I'll look into it.

evirus said:
in regards to the forests, would there be a way to simulate aging forests in the game, like have a few different age groups and have the forests progress in order(new, young, standard, old, over grown) and have the age determine the production bonus given when cleared, this way you dont have a long worker time as well as balanceing the chop rewards based on the time the forest has existed

There would be. I've been thinking a lot about this and will probably incorporate some sort of change in a future version.

Ciwell said:
First, great mod but with the NextLevel civ pack included, the game will out of nowhere just crash completely. However, without the civ pack, the game runs flawlessly with your mod. ::shrug:: Not sure what is going on there, but hopefully a future patch will fix this random crashing because those civs look interesting to play.

Either that, or I will just wait for you to add the civs. ;)

Yeah...sorry I can't speak for the CivPak personally...I haven't had time to go through the code myself! There's a ton of stuff to do now, but I'm so close to finishing my religion mod it hurts. My goal is this weekend, depending on how my python skills play out over the next four days!

Religion mod Teaser: Crusades, Idolators, Terrorists...

It is indeed a very good Mod. I am playing Americans on Emperor and for the first time I have the best score! I am playing archipelago standard map and I'm occupying the biggest island together with Aztecs. We've already had one war, but it was mainly succesfully defensible war on my part. I just entered 18th century and my army of US cavalry is ready to flood Aztec territory.
I have only one remark, Sevo: did you do something to the map auto-creator? I have seen several times really badly distributed sea resources: one city has access even to 7 sea resources! The city gets too much. Is this right? (Fortunately, it isn't my city, because the AIs would have no chances and the game would be too easy, but soon it will be mine :spear: )

Hi - I've tried several mods and I really like the ones that add LENGTH to a game... I like to stay in each age longer, fight wars with those units, etc etc.

Does this mod offer that? or does it use standard game time rates?

Thanks!

oldbone said:
Hi - I've tried several mods and I really like the ones that add LENGTH to a game... I like to stay in each age longer, fight wars with those units, etc etc.

Does this mod offer that? or does it use standard game time rates?

Thanks!

It doesn't affect standard game time, if that's what you mean. You can still choose to change the game speed, through the options menu.

Hey, someone asked this on the first page, but I couldn't find a response. I keep getting the error message "Failed to load Phyton Module CvEventInterface". How can I fix this? If I skip the error message, the game will load (I took your advice and had the mod load automatically), but when the map finally starts there are no menu bars or options along the top or bottom of the screen. Ideas? Thanks!

Top Bottom