Who else agrees that Civ 5 has been dumbed down?

Who else agrees that Civ 5 has been dumbed down?

• Yes

Votes: 853 50.7%
  • No

Votes: 677 40.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 152 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it strange? I don't believe I have played the game enough yet, and I do not know enough about what problems with the game are going to be addressed by the developers, for me to make an informed decision about whether this game has been 'condescendingly simplified'.

Can't a guy get a decent number of games in before he decides?

Well, my astonishment comes from the fact that Civ0.V feels completely different than Civ4.
One can like it or not, but I think that is something which anybody feels at the same moment. At least it was that way for me, immediately leading to asking myself: "What and where are the differences?"

I have come to a conclusion for myself.

The bolded part of your statement seems to indicate that you've come to a conclusion as well.

Why is it strange?
Because you must have posted in this thread about 100 times already, that's why its strange.

If you currently have no opinion on the topic of the thread, then it's hard to suggest that your posts have been on topic perhaps?

I don't believe I have played the game enough yet, and I do not know enough about what problems with the game are going to be addressed by the developers, for me to make an informed decision about whether this game has been 'condescendingly simplified'.

Can't a guy get a decent number of games in before he decides?
Further information might cause you to change your opinion, which would be fine, but to make a comparison in the complexity of the game between previous Civ4 and current Civ5 doesn't take a lot of exposure to Civ5. So no. That's just called sitting on the fence for mine.

Why is his patience in making a determination so important to you? Do you need validation on your opinion? Seriously, your posts are borderline baiting if not complete and outright baiting.

Moderator Action: If you have an issue with a poster, please PM a mod or report their posts, personally and publicly addressing the issue is not the way to go.

He doesn't have an opinion yet. That is not sitting on the fence. It means he hasn't made his final assessment. It most certainly does not mean he can not discuss the topic, either.

The whining ozzies don't care about logic, being fair, or taking time to make a judgment. They demand that you jump on to the "it ain't Civ IV so it must be crap" bandwagon.

Moderator Action: Calling people "whining ozzies" is not constructive. Please post constructively or not at all. Thanks.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The whining ozzies don't care about logic, being fair, or taking time to make a judgment. They demand that you jump on to the "it ain't Civ IV so it must be crap" bandwagon.

It's a bit different.
If it were Civ4, then at least it wouldn't be crap.

Why is his patience in making a determination so important to you?
I didn't suggest that it was important to me. I only suggested that to make a comparison (in what is a poll asking a YES or NO question, hardly an area for greyness) doesn't require a lot of exposure to Civ5. You should read more closely next time I think.

Do you need validation on your opinion?
I didn't suggest that I did. What made you think I did?

He doesn't have an opinion yet. That is not sitting on the fence. It means he hasn't made his final assessment.

I haven't made my final assessment either. I'll do that when I've finished playing Civ5 permanently. But in my opinion nobody needs to go back and keep playing Civ5 again and again before they should be able to answer the poll question in this thread. It is a black and white decision and can be made by any reasonable person after just a couple of games of Civ5.

But in my opinion nobody needs to go back and keep playing Civ5 again and again before they should be able to answer the poll question in this thread. It is a black and white decision and can be made by any reasonable person after just a couple of games of Civ5.

Your opinion about when people can choose to form their opinions is about as invalid and arrogant as one can be. Get over yourself.

Moderator Action: No need to be rude.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

He doesn't have an opinion yet. That is not sitting on the fence.

This would have to be one of the most inaccurate statements I've read in quite some time. You clearly don't understand the expression "sitting on the fence" in any capacity.

From the very similar poll on asking the same question on another site, guess what the third option is?

Yes it has been dumbed down 52.69%
No it has not been dumbed down 38.71%
It is too early to tell, or I am a fence sitter 8.60%

Have you looked in the mirror lately? Sheesh.

I'm not the one placing expectations on others for no real reason other than to fabricate a pissing contest. He's been more than patient and explained his stance and why he has not made a decision. And it's not good enough for you. Yet you continue to pick apart every sentence he offers.

I'm not saying that you are douchebag. But one of us is. I'll let the general population make that determination.

Moderator Action: In the future, please comment on the topic at hand, and not other posters.

Moderator Action: Due to the fact that this topic has been discussed to death and no new ideas or opinions seem to be forming, and the fact that people seem to being failing at keeping the discussion civil and on-topic, this thread is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom