7 new screenshots and more information emerges from GDC (8th March 2012)

Maybe they changed it so that when you capture citystates they get your nation's symbol.

Spoiler :

I think the mayan UU is visible in the great prophet screen shot..

Yeah, I noticed those yellow units as well. Though, I believe those are Zulu Impis(?) or could be Mayan units :)

Anyone know what the "Temple" thing is under Attila's Court?
And for the Celts: is that a new Archer icon?

So Stock Exchange, Laboratory, Faith building of some sort, what's Rotterdam building?

I was wondering if Groningen was building Magellan's expedition (potentially one of the "missing" wonders). If that were the case, and England was getting a different unique ability, maybe Magellan's expedition could allow +2 movement of all naval units?

There might well be more details emerge today as reviewers present at GDC mention the odd new bit here and there. However, I won't be able to follow it - I'm moving house tomorrow!! Back online on Tuesday at my new house...

There are new ranged units, like the composite bowman, and an entirely new era and tech tree from the Great War (WWI) Era.
There are new ranged units, like the composite bowman, and an entirely new era and tech tree from the Great War (WWI) Era.

New city state Zanzibar can be located at the right of the great prophet screen. Unfortunately you can't see its attribute.

So the Byzantines get Theodora.

Boudecia, Dido, Theodora.

Lot's of ladies. Today must be International Women's Day :p

Yes it is. Remember to remember your special lady (I already forgot mine this morning;))

Looking forward to play "ultimate cat fight" game with Dido, Boudica, Isabella, Elizabeth, Theodora, Catherine and Wu Zetian :D

On the minimap in the lower right corner there is a country with light blue territory, dark blue cities. Mayans, Byzantines, or another unrevealed Civ?

I am guessing it is the Mayans.

New city state Zanzibar can be located at the right of the great prophet screen. Unfortunately you can't see its attribute.

They have made some excellent choices with the new city states; Jerusalem, Marrakesh, Zanzibar... what else? :)

With the introduce of bunch of these ww1 units, the ww1 era is actually a crucial addition to the game. Because otherwise it wouldn’t make any sense to have, lets say ww1 infantry just for about 5 turns (or ww1 airplanes, ww1 tanks etc..).

Btw, does anyone know is this going to be completely separate game (stand alone expansion) or does it count as the same game as the civ5 but just as an upgraded version?

With the introduce of bunch of these ww1 units, the ww1 era is actually a crucial addition to the game. Because otherwise it wouldn’t make any sense to have, lets say ww1 infantry just for about 5 turns (or ww1 airplanes, ww1 tanks etc..).

Btw, does anyone know is this going to be completely separate game (stand alone expansion) or does it count as the same game as the civ5 but just as an upgraded version?

I wonder if there'll be a separate era for the turn of the 20th Century? I would expect this expansion to require vanilla Civ 5 to work; that's the way things have always worked with versions of Civ throughout the years. They would have already said if it were standalone - also screenshots show vanilla civs (such as France), so that nails it for me.

anandus - I agree with you about the Terracotta Army, especially as there appear to be statues at the front of it, presumably depicting the terracotta statues.

Attila's Court is probably the crappiest city name Firaxis has ever come up with,although i can see the difficulty in finding proper names for Hun cities. And while i'm whining: Dido instead of Hamilkar Barkas or Hannibal? Why FFS? Feminists just ruin everything

Attila's Court is probably the crappiest city name Firaxis has ever come up with,although i can see the difficulty in finding proper names for Hun cities. And while i'm whining: Dido instead of Hamilkar Barkas or Hannibal? Why FFS? Feminists just ruin everything

Maybe because she founded carthage legend say...

and there are 9 new civilizations and I thinx only 2 or 3 them are going to be woman

Besides I rather have a beautifull lady offering me a research agreement then stinking bismarck:(

And while i'm whining: Dido instead of Hamilkar Barkas or Hannibal? Why FFS? Feminists just ruin everything

Actually, it's probably aimed at guys who want a bit of eye candy (and apparently think Civ5 is the place to get that...?). Feminists wouldn't be too happy about a potentially objectifying piece of art.

Top Bottom