Brave New World's 9 new Civs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prussia was a massive state of the German Empire. Prussia and Poland were enemies because Prussia cut certain areas off from trade to the Polish. Your statement that "Poland established Prussia" makes no sense.

Well I'am Polish, and I can tell you that this statement "Prussia and Poland were enemies because Prussia cut certain areas off from trade to the Polish" is pure sci-fi :lol: History od polish-prussian relations are much longer than the end of XVIII sciecle - WW I. :rolleyes: End off-topic pls!

Why some people against eeastern europe anyway?

Polland is the only eastern europe civ in the game beside russia, and people are already against its existance in the game.

This game is eurocentric and it wont change any time soon.Considering this, what would be your choice of european civ instead of Poland?(Hungary may be one, but some are against it aswell)

If we are going to have one more expansion, I assure you we will have again at least 3 more european civilizations assuming there would be again 9 new ones.

Let me put it gently - you lack some fundamentials of historical knowledge. In 1525 Albrecht Hohenzollern, the Duke of Prussia paid tribute and swore allegiance to King Sigismund I the Old in Kraków's market square on 10 April 1525. Polish king forced Albrecht to became a lutheran protestant and to secularize the Order. It is marked as a beginning of Prussia, therefore Poland estabilished this country. Actually Sigismund I was hesitant to do so. He was planning to destroy remnants of Teutonic Order utterly however his counselor advised him otherwise. It was an apparent mistake.

This is a depiction of Prussian Homage.

A chemical element, Polonium was named after Marie Curie's native land of Poland
It was Curie's hope that naming the element after her native land would publicize its lack of independence. Polonium may be the first element named to highlight a political controversy. However as you said she did nothing for the Polish :confused:
Please read some more on the topic, and we may come back to the discussion. It is pointless and frustrating to argue with somebody who has no clue about the subject.

Perhaps you misunderstood me.
Prussia wasn't founded as a Polish kingdom. It was a kingdom of its own prior to German, and then Polish control (See Old Prussia for details).
What you said doesn't mark the beginning of Prussia but rather when Prussia became a vassal of the Polish. Before telling me I lack fundamental historic knowledge, perhaps you should on yourself to make sure what you are saying is correct.

Moving on.

She (Marie Curie) didn't do anything in name for the Polish. How could she if Poland never actually technically existed.
Sure, she may have dropped a few hints on the issue of its independence, but aside from that, all the work she did was in the name of science rather than Poland.
The Polish would not have independence again until 1918, and even then was in a terrible state of disrepair and poverty from the great war before being occupied by Nazi Germany, which sent it further into a state of turmoil.

Let's face it: Poland got the worst treatment as a European power because it usually spent its history as either not unified, or part of a bigger European power. The best Poland ever did in history was during its time as the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth, where it was a average regional power.

Why some people against eeastern europe anyway?

Polland is the only eastern europe civ in the game beside russia, and people are already against its existance in the game.

This game is eurocentric and it wont change any time soon.Considering this, what would be your choice of european civ instead of Poland?(Hungary may be one, but some are against it aswell)

If we are going to have one more expansion, I assure you we will have again at least 3 more european civilizations assuming there would be again 9 new ones.

I support Eastern Europe, but they could've done better than Poland this time around.

That, and Austria is technically in Eastern Europe as well.

Well I'am Polish, and I can tell you that this statement "Prussia and Poland were enemies because Prussia cut certain areas off from trade to the Polish" is pure sci-fi :lol: History od polish-prussian relations are much longer than the end of XVIII sciecle - WW I. :rolleyes: End off-topic pls!

It's true.
Early Prussia cut off trade between Poland and the Baltic Sea. This was one of the main reasons why the Polish supported rebellion against the teutonic order in Prussia.
It's not all sci-fi. xP

I support Eastern Europe, but they could've done better than Poland this time around.

That, and Austria is technically in Eastern Europe as well.

Austria is not in anyway eastern european.

Some maps even exclude Hungary(since they are not slavic I guess, I dont know), but not a single one include Austria.

Austria is not in anyway eastern european.

Some maps even exclude Hungary(since they are not slavic I guess, I dont know), but not a single one include Austria.

For most of its history, major parts of its empire have been in Eastern Europe.
Of course, modern day, it's more central/Western Europe/

I laughed out loud.

The fact is, Hungary is a rather pathetic nation that spent most of its history being ruled by its neighbors. At least the Treaty of Trianon put it where it belongs.

Lol
That post shows everything about your ignorance of history
This leads us to the one real question about this: What the hell are you doing here on CFC? :lol:

Where heve you read this? :)

I worded it badly.
It was one of the reasons why the Polish wanted the teutonic knights out of Prussia.
Learned it during German History.
If you want a source though...
Robert Hoyt & Stanley Chodorow, Europe in the Middle Ages - from Wikipedia

I will be more than happy to continue our discusion but I`m afraid this topic is not the best place for it. Why don`t you create a new one on this subject so our posts won`t get deleted by moderator?

Actually Poland was far more influential than Bohemia, Serbia and Hungary combined and was certainly not a small power. Poland even estabilished political control over Bohemia and Hungary during Jagiellons dynasty and during Stephen Báthory`s reign. Polish kings also ruled Saxony, Lorraine and had dynastic connections even with italian House of Sforza. It was Poland tha estabilished Prussia, invaded Russia and seized Moscow in 1612. Poland is known for it`s inventors (Nicolaus Copernicus, Maria Skłodowska-Curie) artists even explorers. Your statement about Poland being only local military power shows only your ignorance on this matter.

I agree
I always find Poland almost as deserving as Hungary (and the almost comes from nationalism I presume ;) )
Both are very good choices, with rich history, culture, among the top powers at several points of thier history, etc.
Polish-Hungarian friendship forever!

I agree
I always find Poland almost as deserving as Hungary (and the almost comes from nationalism I presume ;) )
Both are very good choices, with rich history, culture, among the top powers at several points of thier history, etc.
Polish-Hungarian friendship forever!
Yeah, I was devastated that Austria, (which may be considered a part of German civilization when you think about its history and culture), was included and Hungary omitted :(

Moderator Action: Please refrain from the history discussions and the trolling that comes with them. If you wish to discuss historical issues, you are invited to do so in our history forums. This thread has obviously run its course as we now know all of the civs in BNW. This latest discussion needs to end, any more and this thread will be closed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I will be more than happy to continue our discusion but I`m afraid this topic is not the best place for it. Why don`t you create a new one on this subject so our posts won`t get deleted by moderator?

Feel free to PM your reply. But I'm not going to make a seperate thread for it. :)

Kongo, Vietnam, The Timurids, Switzerland*. If there's another expansion I'd like to see those four. I'm not too bothered about any others.

*disclaimer - yes, I know, not a very big empire, not as worthy as others etc... but I think they'd be really interesting in gameplay terms. There isn't another Civ in the game quite like them. Tibet could also fulfil a similar niche, and from a cultural perspective would be an awesome addition to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom