What Native American tribe do you expect/want?

Which Native American tribe do you expect/want?

• Total voters

ImperialChaos

President
I think there is a good chance that BNW will have a new native American tribe. The Iroquois were done and I expect one more before Civ V wraps up.

What I expect:

Sitting Bull of the Sioux

Map of Native American tribes across the United States:

Attachments

• new_map.jpg
    new_map.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,246
That picture is too big, find a smaller one perhaps...

And you forgot toooo many options. The Inuit have been discussed heavily, the Pueblo while unlikely at this point were not confirmed to be out, the Mississippians saw a lot of speculation (particularly after the Tomahawk looking unit)

I voted other, because personally I would want the Pueblo. [Otherwise I would probably want the Comanche]

Anyways a picture of Quanah Parker

I voted other because I would love the Inuit in the game if only for the gameplay reasons. I'm would love to see some kind of way to make tundra work.

That picture is too big, find a smaller one perhaps...

And you forgot toooo many options. The Inuit have been discussed heavily, the Pueblo while unlikely at this point were not confirmed to be out, the Mississippians saw a lot of speculation (particularly after the Tomahawk looking unit)

I voted other, because personally I would want the Pueblo. [Otherwise I would probably want the Comanche]

Yeah, the picture is gone.

As for the poll I didn't want to make too many options and kept it simple. Inuits are a good option and have a good chance of making it, though.

Sioux! They could easily be in the Civil War scenario since they were fighting the US at that time. But the scenario claims to cover action in the east. Dog Soldiers UU replacing Cavalry...

What I expect is different though from what I want. I sincerely doubt we get Sitting Bull in Civ 5/the Sioux. We have seen they want to mix it up with potentially "similar" civs in Civ 5 (Khmer to Siam, Mali to Songhai, Vikings to Denmark) and how they handled Sitting Bull in Civ 4 was widely characterized as a failure.

The fact the Pueblo (a much better civ imo, but that's not the topic) almost made it/might make it in shows that they really wanted a different civ for this iteration. The "new natural resource" makes me suspect we will get the Inuit, considering the amount of suggestions regarding Seals we have had and improving useless snow/tundra

And then we have the Civil War Scenario. There are several potential eastern civs (to fit the eastern theater) that could be used. The Tomahawk picture has led to speculation for the Shawnee/Mississippians agglomeration, and while Tecumseh would be a charismatic leader I don't really see that happening either

I have to admit to a bit of blind spot regarding the Native American tribes. That's partially why I really wish the Pueblo could have made it in, so I could fill in a knowlege gap. So, having made that admission up front, here's my general impression, and I'm interested to see if it prompts any illuminating responses.

There seems to be a strong contingent of negativity towards more European civ's, but once you take them out of the picture and focus on civ's like Native Americans, it's very limiting in terms of what kind of uniques can be offered due to their less-developed infrastructure. By that I mean it's basically limting any units or buildings to ancient or, at best, classical era technology. Since we already have a fair glut of "early peak" civ's, whatt's the big payoff in terms of gameplay?

IF the Sioux are in (and that's an if at this point), they will not be in the scenario. If any native civs are in during the Scenario, they will be Eastern

And I assume this poll means "American" or non "Meso-American" North American civs. Otherwise we would have a whole lot larger lists.

And I assume this poll means "American" or non "Meso-American" North American civs. Otherwise we would have a whole lot larger lists.

Yes, there are many tribes from Meso-America in Civ games. I think the more well known, feared tribe during the U.S's westward expansion is going to be in the game.

I have to admit to a bit of blind spot regarding the Native American tribes. That's partially why I really wish the Pueblo could have made it in, so I could fill in a knowlege gap. So, having made that admission up front, here's my general impression, and I'm interested to see if it prompts any illuminating responses.

There seems to be a strong contingent of negativity towards more European civ's, but once you take them out of the picture and focus civ's like Native Americans, it's very limiting in terms of what kind of uniques can be offered. It's basically limting any units or buildings to ancient or, at best, classical era technology. Since we already have a fair glut of "early peak" civ's, whatt's the big payoff in terms of gameplay?

It really depends on what they do. There are various Native American civs that could utilize trading UAs (Chachapoya, Pueblo, Veracruz, etc.)

From PAX sounds like they wanted to add maybe an Espionage/Mountain bonus to the Pueblo

Chachapoya could utilize a mountain bonus [Their confederation was built up higher than say the Inca and in the cloud jungles]

Nazca, Pueblo, possibly Navajo could utilize desert bonuses

Arawak/Caribs could utilize some island trading

Inuit snow bonuses

Seminole swamp bonuses [Although Dutch took that wind out of the sails mostly]

Apache/Comanche/Mapuche raiding trade route bonuses

Toltec/Comanche wide conquest bonuses

Just some potential gameplay options, but of course South American and Mesoamerican civs prob won't be considered. IMO the Sioux and Pueblo are fairly unlikely from what we know so far

I voted Sioux because I expect them. First, they have a history in the series; as the Sioux with Sitting Bull in II, then as the "Native Americans" under Sitting Bull (which Gucumatz pointed out did not go over too well).

We know Firaxis tried to take a new route with the Pueblo, but it seems to me like they have been scrapped. I think the Sioux would be the next easiest candidate because they are simply the most famous N.A. Native American civ on a broad scale. A large target market would be interested in seeing the quintessential "Cowboys vs Indian" Sioux tribe included in the game. I expect them to make a glorious return to the series in the expansion.

I would have voted for every option if my decision was based off of which ones I wanted.

I also voted for the Sioux with the leader as Sitting Bull,
my second guess would be the Cherokee

Other.

We start in 4000BC so we should pick the Watson Brake mound builders and see what kind of tribes evolve from them. :)

I know hardly anything about Native Americans, but considering one of the tracks in the game is Dream of the Navajo (and my favourite Native American track in the game!), I'm hoping for the Navajo myself.

Sioux would be nice too I guess, and as a darkhorse the Nazca.

Top Bottom