Gulf War Mod

I'll take a look at them dacubz. Here are some new skins I made.

TNC45-kuwait skin
Iraqi BMP-1 (scullpted from BMP-2)
Syrian BMP-1
Saudi AMX-10
Iranian MIM-23
Saudi MIM-23

Attachments

• moreunits.jpeg
    moreunits.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 57
@ snafusmith & Stolenrays

I have attached here three ships that i need help skinning for. They also need animations but dont think thats too important for ships. The USNS Mercy already comes with JPG files for the whole boat, but i can't set up skins so i need help. The Nimitz needs a skin for the deck and the tower, the bottom should be skinned but i think it looks fine as is. The last one is the USS lexington, which unlike the other two wasnt in the gulf war, but i still need help skinning it, but its not as important

I looked at the ships. They are nice looking, but I think that they are too high poly to use in the game because they would slow the game/turn loading down. They are something like thousands of polygons. Generally it is recommended to stay at around 1000 or less. YOu can get somewhat of a clue of the polycount by how large (kb) the model is. around 1000 polygons will be somewhere from 100 to 200kb. One of the ships actually took 10s to load and was 1MB.

That said, I think that it would probably be easier to just modify existing carriers or create some via sketchup.

New units look good Stolenrays :Thumbsup:

Sorry about the ships though, usually when i convert things, the DL size from Google Warehouse is around the size of the nif (since it usually gets bigger converting to nif but Dl also includes skins). Yet for whateverreason the ships were extremely bigger, never tried ships before so sorry:blush:

Anyway i want to see the mercy ship done, I think it would be a cool "World Unit" in the mod, that gives a nice health bonus

New units look good Stolenrays :Thumbsup:

Sorry about the ships though, usually when i convert things, the DL size from Google Warehouse is around the size of the nif (since it usually gets bigger converting to nif but Dl also includes skins). Yet for whateverreason the ships were extremely bigger, never tried ships before so sorry:blush:

Anyway i want to see the mercy ship done, I think it would be a cool "World Unit" in the mod, that gives a nice health bonus

There's definetly going to be a hospital ship. I was thinking of just using the one from the medic? mod. Would you rather have the mercy ship? BTW I've made tons of new skins for a later IIW update. basically when I'm done every civ will have a unique skin for every unit class.

There's definetly going to be a hospital ship. I was thinking of just using the one from the medic? mod. Would you rather have the mercy ship? BTW I've made tons of new skins for a later IIW update. basically when I'm done every civ will have a unique skin for every unit class.

Nice :D

and i would much rather have the Mercy ship, I dont like how the hospital ship looks, a bit to "civilian-like" for me, i would actually like seeing the mercy ship as an actual mercy ship, not a hospital ship but a unit that is only buildable once, and just have it in the scenario where it belongs

also im trying to make the mercy ship now. my sketchup skills are limited for now though, so might need help with the base of the ship

Instead of drawing one up from scratch i decided to just erase things on the original one (which was 9mb in nif:eek:). so here it is, its 90 Kb now but i still need help with the front and back of the base of the ship, also possibly a guy or two? i erased the two that were on there since you said youc can do those, im sure via copy and paste, with mutch less polygons. Itll be probably a bit above 100MB, unless you find a way to cut it down more, but I'm not too worried if its only used once. Ive used a 3MB unit over 20 times in a game at once and no problems:lol:

also, im new at doing this so maybe its normal, but everytime I go to edit it, theres lines going across normal squares, and when i erase them, and i go to edit it later they apear again. Not sure why this is, maybe for the texture? Im sure if you could delete these itll save some room but not sure how, thanks

also again, while deleting theres bits and peices everywere i forgot, i went ahead and deleted them via nifskope, they delete pretty easily, but i didnt in the 3ds, so 3ds is slightly bigger then need be

Attachments

• Mercy.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
thats fine, it took a while since first i did it in pro, and realized theres a better way to do it, so tried it again in pro but realized I needed to rotate it (it was at a werid angle) and i couldnt, so i tried in regular and it worked and just completed it in there, so it definatly took a while

I have seen an A-6 INtruder in a mod somewhere. It is listed as a generic jet fighter or something though.

We need a:

Sea King
Buccaneer jet
Argentin 707
G.B. Nimrod
G.B. Warrior
G.B. Rapier SAM
Egyptian SA-9
Syrian SA8 skin
Qatari AMX30 skin

I've attached the necessary jpegs that I could find for the skins.

I've finished the Syrian SA-8, Kuwaiti SA-8, and Egyptian SA-9.

@Snafu--I couldn't find any pics of the Egyptian SA-9, but it seems that they use a sand-colored for their recent SAM/vehicle paint schemes. So I just took the iraqi flag off the SA-9 for the skin. Does that sound right or do you have some pics?

Top Bottom