Can't Load Updated Game

rover6695

Prince
OK...so I fixed this problem which was happening on my Windows 8 Desktop.
I was able to finally get CIV5 going, and loaded my game (turn 420) from Steam Cloud.
I played 30 turns and saved it. This afternoon, I am away from the house on my Windows 7 laptop, I go to Steam Cloud, and it just shows the game at 420, not the 450 turn I have saved on my desktop. Why? How to re-solve?

OK...so I fixed this problem which was happening on my Windows 8 Desktop.
I was able to finally get CIV5 going, and loaded my game (turn 420) from Steam Cloud.
I played 30 turns and saved it. This afternoon, I am away from the house on my Windows 7 laptop, I go to Steam Cloud, and it just shows the game at 420, not the 450 turn I have saved on my desktop. Why? How to re-solve?

The second time (turn 450) you did not mention the cloud. Are you sure that it was the cloud?

The second time (turn 450) you did not mention the cloud. Are you sure that it was the cloud?

Yep, what's going on is this:

Games I play on my Windows 7 laptop, I save on steam cloud.
Games I play on my Windows 8 desktop, I save on steam cloud.

Problem 1:
So on Windows 8 I played as Babylon to turn 450.
When I go on my W7laptop, I only have it saved to turn 420...whereas if I go to the Windows8 I can load it on turn 450.

Problem 2:
Meantime, on my W7laptop, I started a game as the Dutch and saved on cloud. When I try to access the game again on the W7PC, I can load it up.

When I now try to load CIV5 on my W8PC, I get this message

What do I do?

See the other thread. Steam did some updates lately and it may be that one of your computers has not updated to the same version of steam. As mentioned, you may have to delete all the cloud saves and start over after making sure both versions of steam have the same update.

Top Bottom