Brave New World Retains Gods and Kings Menu Music

nagano

Chieftain
I know this is a bug, but how can I fix it? I tried verifying the game cache files and even reinstalling the game completely, but nothing works. :(

Actually... It's a odd fit. The whole combination of the GnK theme with the factory backdrop just, well, works.

I agree that GAK has the best intro music, but a Medieval hymn doesn't fit against the backdrop of 19th century factories at all! It must be my local Steam server, hope it's fixed soon...

I agree that GAK has the best intro music, but a Medieval hymn doesn't fit against the backdrop of 19th century factories at all! It must be my local Steam server, hope it's fixed soon...

Meh, maybe I'll make a mod to change it. The current music doesn't really fit well either.

Why do you need a mod? All you need to do is covert/rip your favorite track to a wav file and rename it as OpeningMenu_Exp2.wav

For PC users, move that wav audio file to the following location replacing the BNW opening menu music (backup the original OpeningMenu_Exp2.wav if you want bring it back later).

X:\..\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Sounds\Streamed\Music\

Spoiler :
Why do you need a mod? All you need to do is covert/rip your favorite track to a wav file and rename it as OpeningMenu_Exp2.wav

For PC users, move that wav audio file to the following location replacing the BNW opening menu music (backup the original OpeningMenu_Exp2.wav if you want bring it back later).

X:\..\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Sounds\Streamed\Music\

How do you convert MP3s to WAVs?

In my case, OpeningMenu_Exp2.wav exists and is the correct file, but OpeningMenu_Exp.wav is still being used... I fixed it for now by renaming the GAK theme and copying the BNW theme to OpeningMenu_Exp.wav. Actually this is a larger issue, because the adviser level keeps reverting to "New to Gods and Kings" also. xD

How do you convert MP3s to WAVs?

You don't need to. The game searches for the Filename without extension, so you only need to have the same name without the need of changing the formt.

Wow! It worked! Does replacing one of the game files prevent me from getting steam achievements

Wow! It worked! Does replacing one of the game files prevent me from getting steam achievements

Well, I don't have BNW just yet, but I have done so to replace Gods and Kings music, and I get no issues with achievements at all. ;)

Problem persists, moderator please move to tech support.

Moderator Action: Moved to tech support.
Please don't post such requests within a thread, either PM a moderator or report the thread. Else we might not see it (especially during busy times like the release).

First thing to do: Go into Steam, and verify the integrity of the game files. Maybe it will then download the correct files.

I'm having the same issue. Verifying the integrity of the game files won't help, unfortunately. Whenever I load BNW with my Creative X-Fi 5.1 set, the G&K theme plays. And whenever I load the game with my Logitech G35 headset, the BNW theme plays. Really hoping to find the solution to this weird bug.

could someone (who still have the G&K menu music) upload the file? I really love to get it and replace the BNW file. The G&K menu music is WAY better.

So have there been any news around this issue? Like why some seems to have it and others not?

So, any way to fix this other than moving files around?
Checking integrity of game cache didn't work.
I start the game and BNW loads with the G&K intro song.

Maybe it's related to the order in which I bought things throughout the years?
Civ V GOTY
Civ V Korea/Wonders DLC Combo
Civ V Gods and Kings Expansion
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World, Scrambled Nations Map Pack, Changing Worlds Map Pack: Continents

Top Bottom