Tomb Kings

What about em? Wait...what do you mean? What about em in reference to what?

What about Araby being the opposite of, and obvious living inheritors of the Tomb Kings. Tomb Kings get to spread hell terrain, what do their living counterpart get?

Maybe something like Oasis? Or extra food in the desert? The food thing could be done through the desert dwelling tech. Also, it'd be interesting if the Arabyan mages had the ability to spread desert tiles. This would allow them to capitalize on the food bonus attached to desert dwelling.

In fact, I know both the extra food in deserts and the magi spreading desert have been done in FF. We could easily steal their spells, workers (Beduoin UUs), and Beduoin Hut improvements to make it more interesting on that side.
All this would really serve to keep Great Araby from being pathetcially underpopulated. Underpopulation doesn't work for what'd be a builder civ with a moderate army and large navy.
Maybe giving Jaffar Expansive trait would be beneficial as well?

As for units, I could see Camel UUs, a few navy UUs, and mostly generic units. All units would have Arabic/Middle Eastern/Beduoin graphics though. So, even a Militia Spearmen, for example, would look like an Arabyan version and not just the basic generic Militia Spearmen. This could be easily done graphically by having several Middle Eastern style .dds files for units.

What about Araby being the opposite of, and obvious living inheritors of the Tomb Kings. Tomb Kings get to spread hell terrain, what do their living counterpart get?

Arabic workers could get a 'Still Sands' ability which removes shifting sands like clearnig forest, and they could use a lot of the malakim++ mechanics from FF (Beduins and desert bonuses and such)

Araby gets +1 commerce from non-floodplains deserts, like Malakim, and many of their units get desert strength combat bonuses.

Sounds good to me. I like Malakim.

Hell, it'd be fairly easy to monkey the units out of the FF Malakim XMLs. The timeconsuming part would be finding the actual units within the code. But once found, we'd just need to edit them and paste em into our WarhammerUnitInfos. Although, personally, my priority right now is getting the Elves hammered out. That should be done in a few days max.

I wasn't talking design. I was just saying we could take the basic XML code and copy-paste-edit it into the Araby units in our XML. It just makes it easier. (At least I find it easier to copy-paste-edit.)

Btw, this:
All human units have the racial promotion "desert nomads" that gives double moves in desert, +20% desert strength, -20% tundra strength.
We need to use that promotion, imho, in the same way FF use the Malakim racial promotion to give Arabian style graphics to the units. That's prolly already thought of. Just thought I'd reiterate it.

I wasn't talking design. I was just saying we could take the basic XML code and copy-paste-edit it into the Araby units in our XML. It just makes it easier. (At least I find it easier to copy-paste-edit.)

Right, but there isn't really any unit code to copy; the units are different or have different effects.

The faction code for the commerce bonus, yes.
We need to use that promotion, imho, in the same way FF use the Malakim racial promotion to give Arabian style graphics to the units.

Well, we're already using the racial promotion for the bonus - as you just quoted.
Though I think desert warriors might work better than desert nomads.
But the art is unrelated to the promotion. Every faction can have different art for the same identical unit; just look at how art for the axeman unit varies across factions in FFH.

Notice I use the term monkey in reference to the code btw. That word is a clean version of "monkeyf*ck". It implies I take the base code from the units & change it a lot to fit what I want (in this case, creating completely new units). It's not just taking the old FF units and adding them to our mod.
That'd be unoriginal AND we'd then need to give them a credit. They already might get one for the base code. Why do they need more? :lol:

True, every respectable (and yes, awesome) mod mods credit these guys for changing the way people look at civ4. I wonder how many people have purchased the game just to play FFH2.

edit: this desert warriors racial promo, is it going to be that useful outside of the WB map? Are players going to be able to scorch terrain into desert for example?

edit: this desert warriors racial promo, is it going to be that useful outside of the WB map? Are players going to be able to scorch terrain into desert for example?

Araby will be able to. Elemental magics will have limited terraforming capabilities. think scorch and spring. but no vitalize.

Araby will be able to. Elemental magics will have limited terraforming capabilities. think scorch and spring. but no vitalize.

Cool. Works for me.

But, no fear, Araby won't have water magic, so they won't be turning their desert into plains. Fire and Air for Araby (and earth 1 on Dao).

Top Bottom