Warhammer: Heart of Chaos teasers

Psychic_Llamas

Wizard in the Making
well i had a couple of people ask about teasers so here are a couple:

Heres the Woodelf city Athel Loren, with its many new buildings (thanks to Walter hawkwood for supplying them :D):

And hear are 6 of the ancient Holy sites left by the Old Ones to confuse the mortal races and act as puzzle pieces to the Slann:

Looking good.

What are your intentions for the slann monuments?
Spawn only on jungle tiles during map creation?
Part of some kind of Slann quest chain (or victory condition)?
Could Slann work a bit like Fall Further Elohim, where they get bonuses from visiting unique features?

Do the features give a small tile bonus, and maybe a larger one with the Lore of the Old ones tech (whatever the lizard racial tech is)?

How will Amazons interact with the Lizards? They seem like natural antagonists, maybe Amazons should also be getting benefits from the features?

(General idea: ancient lizard-built cities and monuments, now taken over by Amazons, the two factions fight over them for dominance.)

What are your intentions for the slann monuments?
Spawn only on jungle tiles during map creation?
Part of some kind of Slann quest chain (or victory condition)?
Could Slann work a bit like Fall Further Elohim, where they get bonuses from visiting unique features?

you read my mind on every point :)

Do the features give a small tile bonus, and maybe a larger one with the Lore of the Old ones tech (whatever the lizard racial tech is)?

yep they will do :) they also provide mana-like Old One tablets which will give the Slann different spells depending on what tablets they get (or find in random old One Ruins) they will also grant affinity to Slann and Skink Shamans, so the lizards will really really want to get all the monuments in their borders ;)

Hears another tidbit to whet your appetites:

the building and resource lists (un-finalised and will be sharpened with play testing)

comments suggestions and discussion is welcome :)

Attachments

• buildings and resources.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 347
Hears another tidbit to whet your appetites:

the building and resource lists (un-finalised and will be sharpened with play testing)

comments suggestions and discussion is welcome :)

Looks pretty good, though I must admit I have a hard time thinking about precisely what effect something will have when I see it on a list like that. It's always nice to see tangible progress however.

Looks cool, I'll be willing to help when its released. Will it be as 'intimidating' as FF? Main reason I couldn't get into FF is that when I loaded it up and went through the pedia, I was blown away (in a bad way) by how much stuff was there, and no place really explained it. (One small request for when you do release it, please include help text for the more confusing things, thats one thing WHFB has never been that great at in my knowledge) Keep up the good work.

I too can't wait to see this when it comes out.

On a related note, I have no experiance or skill with moding CIV, but I am an acomplished C++/C# programer so if there is anything I can do to help...

On a related note, I have no experiance or skill with moding CIV, but I am an acomplished C++/C# programer so if there is anything I can do to help...

...:wow: does that mean you can mod the DLL???

Looks cool, I'll be willing to help when its released. Will it be as 'intimidating' as FF? Main reason I couldn't get into FF is that when I loaded it up and went through the pedia, I was blown away (in a bad way) by how much stuff was there, and no place really explained it. (One small request for when you do release it, please include help text for the more confusing things, thats one thing WHFB has never been that great at in my knowledge) Keep up the good work.

By the end of it, FF and WH are *hopefully* not going to look anything alike. im trying to make it as simliar to the version that you guys have played as possible, with new adapted features from FF. and i will definately add in help texts for as many things as i can.
is there anything in particular that you would like me to pay attention to?

...:wow: does that mean you can mod the DLL???

I would have to read up on the manuals to see what functions it uses and to examine how much this game allows it and how FF has already modified it. But esentialy yes, I could.

Still reading the turtorials. And have not tried moding civ before. So, could you give me an example for the effects of said comand.
Condition (When it happens), effect (E.G. Unit moves, unit dies...)

That was meant to be a joke :)

I just do design work, I leave all the coding for other poor schlubs.
I don't even really understand what a dll is, or what it does.

A dll is basicly a compiled library containing the .h and .cpp files that you can see when you download the source code. From what I have seen so far, in civ it contains data on how the AI behaves, what Python can and can not do and stuf like that.

In other words, they can use your help.

thats one way of putting it :p

Still reading the turtorials. And have not tried moding civ before. So, could you give me an example for the effects of said comand.
Condition (When it happens), effect (E.G. Unit moves, unit dies...)

How about
if unit can use magic
and if the said unit is within x squares of Improvement Y
force all spells cast to be miscasts, make a notice pop up alerting the player to what happened

Or

If a unit miscasts
select an outcome from a list of bad through to disastrous results (ie head explodes (collateral damage to units sstack, unit dies.) summons a barbarian demon

Or If a Unit is on improvement X
reveal all other improvements of the same type to the player
unti gets a spell which can teleport it to any other selected improvement of the same type at the cost of movement points

etc?

EDIT: can you make the AI inteligent?

thats one way of putting it :p

How about
if unit can use magic
and if the said unit is within x squares of Improvement Y
force all spells cast to be miscasts, make a notice pop up alerting the player to what happened

Or

If a unit miscasts
select an outcome from a list of bad through to disastrous results (ie head explodes (collateral damage to units sstack, unit dies.) summons a barbarian demon

Or If a Unit is on improvement X
reveal all other improvements of the same type to the player
unti gets a spell which can teleport it to any other selected improvement of the same type at the cost of movement points

etc?

Let me look into it, and get back to you in a day or two. Still reading the turtorials. (Diden't have much time to do so untill now... other duties...)

EDIT: can you make the AI inteligent?
Porbably, but to do that, I would need aproximatively 10'000 years and a suppercomputer. lol
Esentialy, coding the AI is dificault at this point, that is why the FF have an entire team dedicated to developement.

Top Bottom