190.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 103
  • End of CFC Standard Game0000.JPG
    End of CFC Standard Game0000.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 74
Hi guys!

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about this baby. It's just that work has gotten busier, so I can't work on it at work anymore, and I did a complete reinstall of my computer at home and all my e-mails all locked and stored but inaccessible until I've installed a new e-mail client and am able to import them again. (The submissions are sent to my e-mail address.) In a few days I will update this thing again. :)

China - Emperor - Conquest - 208,697 - 1816AD

I should say I played with BetterBugAI mod and slightly different settings (city flipping after conquest, choose religions off)

I'm a fairly inexperienced player (mainly because it takes so long for me to play a game :badcomp:), so I'm still finding my level. I decided to go out of my comfort zone and push it up to emperor after only recently moving up from noble, but I found it surprisingly easy going. I'm normally a builder, so it did scare me a bit to miss out on so many wonders because of going aggressive :trouble:

It was my first proper game on a world map and I had lots of fun renaming cities to their real life names (although choosing names for the AI-settled arctic islands was difficult!)

Story of my game:
Spoiler :
  • I settled next to India (3SW) and destroyed them with axes (1920-1640BC).
  • Settled asia.
  • Vassaled Egypt (520-660AD) and Zulus (780-1030AD) with cho-ko-nus.
  • Settled oceania
  • Took steel from liberalism (delayed until 1450 AD)
  • Vassaled Romans with cannons (1515-1585AD)
  • Vassaled Aztecs (1715-1780AD) and Incans with artillery (1810-1814AD)
I was surprised that the Aztec controlled AP wasn't more of a hindrance to me.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1816.CivBeyondSwordSave
    425.4 KB · Views: 110
Inca - Warlord - Space Victory - 12 172 - 1962 AD
------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------
Hi,

I decided to give it a try, but I made some serious mistakes.

My idea was to choose Inca because of the traits and position. My goal was to conquer Aztecs, have whole continent for myself and achieve space victory without any further wars.

My difficuluty was warlord, but still I failed to conquer Aztecs soon, finally I almosr erased them later in the game, but not fully - the continent was mine and I was ahead in score as well. All the civs that wanted something from me, I just sent home, no open boarders, no trading of scarce resources etc. And what a surprise, when all f***** hinduists from old world declared war on me alltogether - Indians, Romans, Chinese, Zulus and Egyptians. They all played together and I had to build army as well - which I did not want at first. I was thinking on easy win while I am on the other continent.

I managed to win this game because of the easy difficulty, but many diplomacy mistakes and lack of army were very dangerous.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 77
Inca - Emperor - Conquest(&domination) - 230,662 - 1804AD

Second game from me, still playing with BetterBugAI mod and slightly different settings (city flipping after conquest, choose religions off)

story of the game:
Spoiler :
  • I expanded quickly and kept my head down for the early game: kept Monty happy and took a lot of wonders while the old world were busy warring with each other.
  • Declared on the Aztecs at 660AD, wiped ~half of them out, made peace and regrouped, declared again at 1130AD and finished them off by 1300AD.
  • Joined in the wars in the new world against Egypt and India and sent a very small army over (as that was all that was left from attacking the Aztecs), first targeting Egypt, wiping them out at 1580AD, then moving on to India, but they capitulated to China after I had grabbed just one of their cities (1595AD). The new world had been so busy attacking each other that they had left a very large barb city in Khazakhstan (randomly also called Khazakhstan, so the only city that I didn't have to rename to its real life location:lol:).
  • At this point in the game I was well ahead in tech so could have steamrollered everyone, but I had no spare troops and also got needlessly scared by China's higher power, so I hunkered down again and concentrated on spreading sushi and mining corps.
  • The Old World's thirst for war was still unquenched as China (with vassals India and newly spawned Russia) attacked Rome. This just weakened them both enough for me to be confident in taking them on, so the turn after they made peace, I declared on China (1690AD).
  • My attack force consisted primarily of paratroopers (first time I've ever used them extensively) and the war was no contest (often taking several cities each turn). I'd destroyed what was left of India by 1750 AD, China by 1775 AD and Russia by 1780 AD.
  • I then built up a huge stock of tactical nukes before declaring on Rome and the Zulu simultaneously (1795 AD). I took 6 Roman cities and 4 Zulu cities on the first turn; Rome capitulated the next turn after losing 3 more cities; the Zulu capitulated the turn after that after losing 4 more cities.

All in all a much easier game than my first game with China as at no point was I under pressure from barbs or AIs.

Attachments

• Pob Incan.CivBeyondSwordSave
    432.7 KB · Views: 47
Rome - Emperor - Conquest - 186,373 - 1808AD

Game number three, (still playing with BetterBugAI mod, city flipping after conquest on, choose religions off).

Lowest score yet, which surprised me as I thought it would match my China score.

story of the game:
Spoiler :
  • I attacked Egypt with praetorians, destroying them eventually at 600AD.
  • India was then dogpiled and destroyed by 1010AD, with China taking most of the spoils in the form of wonders and a double holy city.
  • Shaka then declared on me, but I was expecting it and resisted their main attack while I whipped out trebs. I did lose Somalia to a couple of hore archers at low odds :)mad:), but then started my counter attack.
  • I didn't even get to meet the Incans as Monty had been concentrating on wiping them off the face off the earth, which he finally managed at 1250AD.
  • I finished off the Zulu at 1450AD, which left the map fairly evenly split in thirds between me, China and the Aztecs.
  • Monty declared on me at 1540AD, which was a minor distraction while I was building up to attack the Chinese with cannons and rifles.
  • Mao capitulated at 1690AD. I moved on to the Aztecs, now with infantry, attacking at 1740AD and got lucky in wiping out their fleet in one of their coastal cities. Monty had been teching fairly well and had infantry too, but South America fell with the help of tactical nukes and Monty capitulated just as I was approaching Mexico at 1806AD.

Attachments

• Pob Rome.CivBeyondSwordSave
    355.2 KB · Views: 104
Damnit I forgot to save at the end. I dunno if this counts, but here we go:

India - Prince - Diplomatic - 53351 - 1918AD

Spoiler :
I took China out asap, and proceeded to rifle rush Egypt, Rome, and Zulu. I prompted to get the Aztecs as they were way behind rifling but I didn't grab enough land to land the Dom win I wanted. Next time I'm rushing sooner, adding more wars, so I can win faster. Turns out I owned so much territory I voted myself WINNAR of teh UN.

Zulu - Emperor - Conquest - 139,852 - 1872AD

Game number four from me (still playing with BetterBugAI mod, city flipping after conquest on, choose religions off).

It seems I'm getting worse! :blush::lol:

story of the game:
Spoiler :

• I probably started the game poorly, expanding too slowly and not setting up a GPF.
  • The early ADs consisted of everyone picking on Ghandi.
  • At 900AD I attacked Egypt with elephants/trebuchets. Meanwhile, India peace vassals to China and they too attack Egypt, which forces me to accept Egypt's capitulation (1240AD) rather than wiping them out.
  • I think I used Liberalism to get either Chemistry or Steel.
  • The AP was Buddhist (members:Aztec, Inca, Rome). To get Buddhism in my cities so I can control the AP, I attack Rome (1490AD with cannons/cuirassiers/muskets) and take their main cities. They capitulate at 1570AD. This is the first time in the game that I am confident of winning.
  • I attack Indochina (1625AD with cannons/ironclads/cavalry/rifles; then infantry), and the Aztecs also invade Chinese owned australia. China capitulates at 1802AD and India is destroyed at 1810AD.
  • I could have won by religious victory here (the Aztecs liked me enough to get their vote), but I decided to go for conquest with the hope that it would give a more respectable score (in the end I only got slightly higher by going for conquest).
  • The Aztecs invade me in Morocco at 1848AD, but as I had just finished the Manhattan Project and the Kremlin I rushbought tactical nukes and destroyed their two stacks. My counter attack led me to taking Cuba then nuking and razing 4 cities on the East coast of America. Aztecs capitualte at 1860AD with much of North America glowing:nuke:!
  • I attack the Incans (1868AD), nuking and taking all of their South American cities; they capitulate the next turn.

Attachments

• Pob Zulu.CivBeyondSwordSave
    457.5 KB · Views: 52
I'm keeping up with my one game per month:

Aztec - Emperor - Conquest - 152,162 - 1860AD

Game number five from me (still playing with BetterBugAI mod, city flipping after conquest on, choose religions off).

story of the game:
Spoiler :
  • This game seemed fairly easy. The only difficult decision was where to settle first as Mexico is a bit short on food. (Mexico later became my main military city.)
  • I went for wonders, getting the Great Wall, Pyramids, Great Lighthouse and Great Library; also founded Confucianism.
  • In the old world, everyone was picking on Ghandi as usual, although his cities weren't as shiny as in my other games as he had no wonders and just one double holy city. (Rameses had built most of the wonders that I had missed).
  • I realy wish I hadn't settled in Columbia and just used the Incans for farming xp and great generals. Instead, I pretty much ignored the Incans, and when they declared on me with a stack of axes in 400AD and took Columbia, I carried on ignoring them :crazyeye: I eventually got around to building a ragtag army to take back Columbia at 740AD and made peace.
  • I built Angkor Wat, a very late Hanging Gardens and the University of Sangkore. The AP was built by Buddhist Rameses, which was a minor worry as I wasn't a member, but fortunately everyone was still occupied with attacking India.
  • India capitulated to China at 1330AD. Egypt became the new whipping boy in the old world.
  • I used liberalism to get steel and started my revenge on the Inca, attacking with cannons and a handful of rifles supported by outdated troops. I was facing pregunpowder units, so it was easy going, and I wiped them out at 1535AD. Some Incan cities were Buddhist, which I went about spreading as quickly as possible to get control of the AP. Egypt capitulated to the Zulu at 1510AD, but was already close to the threshold to break free.
  • I built the Statue of Liberty, and completed Sid's Sushi at 1610AD, while Egypt succeeded in breaking free and peace vassaled to Rome.
  • I began to prepare an invasion on the Zulu. World War I erupted at 1645AD with the Zulu and Romo-Egypt attacking Indo-China. This made my attack on the Zulu even easier and I landed my forces on the West coast at 1690AD (artillery, rifles and a couple of machine guns and airships; the Zulu had cavalry, rifles and grenadiers).
  • I marched counterclockwise round Africa while also sending out extra forces to take their colonies in New Zealand and Hawaii. The Zulu were destroyed at 1800AD.
  • I started to prepare for war against Indo-China (upgraded rifles to infantry), but Rome then took the only interesting city of theirs (Nepal, double holy city), so I declared on Romo-Egypt instead at 1806AD.
  • The Egyptian cities fell quickly, and with Rome ready to capitulate before I'm even in Europe, I bribed China to make peace at 1832AD so I could finish Romo-Egypt off myself. India had suffered badly in the war, and only had 3 cities (all in Australia) remaining.
  • I destroyed Egypt at 1834AD. Nukes, paratroopers and tanks made light work of the Roman riflemen & machine guns, and Rome was destroyed at 1848AD.
  • I instantly moved on to Indo-China, who didn't even have machine guns. I took all but 3 Chinese and 3 Indian cities; both capitulate at 1858AD, giving me two more cities each. I used my spare Great People to build some more corporations. I ended up 2% short of the land limit for domination (the former Chinese cities and some former Roman cities were still in revolt).
  • I realise now that I don't understand how scoring works: I tried pressing "wait, just one more turn" and my normalised score was still increasing rapidly in the following turns. However, I'm not going to learn how to milk score better until after my final two games so that they can be fairly compared.

Attachments

• Pob Aztec.CivBeyondSwordSave
    452.5 KB · Views: 108
India - Emperor - Conquest - 192,872 - 1854AD

Game number six from me (still playing with BetterBugAI mod, city flipping after conquest on, choose religions off).

story of the game:
Spoiler :
  • I attacked China at 2080BC with axes. I think I got lucky with the timing (I've since replayed it and I'm only succesful in ~2/3 of attempts). Anyway, the end result was two new cities for me and no more China by 1720BC.
  • Shaka declared on Egypt at 1AD. Shaka was the religious odd one out on the continent, but I took until 200AD to decide whose side to join, eventually choosing to help my Jewish buddy Rameses, although without commiting any troops.
  • Meanwhile, Monty declared on Rome (375AD), so I declared on the Aztecs. I was farily confident that his galleys wouldn't be able to get to me past the hordes of barbarian galleys.
  • Egypt and Zulu were at a stalemate and made peace at 450AD. I made peace too.
  • At 640AD, an Aztec galley snook past the barbs and rather than fighting it or any troops it may have beeen carrying I made peace.
  • Shaka declared on Rammy (740AD), so I declared on Shaka again (800AD). The Zulu were better prepared this time and took two cities. Meanwhile I built my first wonder (the pyramids 960AD) and the AP was built by Egypt with a Roman resident, but Shaka defied all resolutions to stop the war.
  • The Aztecs made peace with Rome (1100AD).
  • At 1250AD I switched sides in the war. I had settled as much of Russia/Asia/Indonesia as I wanted so it was time to go after the neighbouring Egyptian cities with my trebuchets/macemen. I bribed Shaka to make peace with Egypt, but couldn't get a peace treaty with Rome, and Egypt inevitably vassaled to Rome (1290AD). Shaka declared on Rome/Egypt (1320AD), and Egypt were destroyed at 1370AD. To try and make sure Rome didn't capitulate to the Zulu, I bribed them to make peace, but Shaka just declared again the following turn! :)mad:I didn't know that could happen, I thought it gave them a 10 turn peace treaty:mad:)
  • I got steel from liberalism (1480 AD). For the second time in the game I decide to switch sides in a war, making peace with Rome and declaring on the Zulu (1530AD). My army of cannons/macemen/knights march clockwise around Africa, wiping them out at 1685AD.
  • I built Sid's Sushi at 1715AD and proceeded to spread it to all of my cities.
  • I went back to finish off Rome with cannons/infantry (1725AD). The Aztecs declared on Rome too, so I capitulated Rome rather than wiping them out (1780AD), leaving them with Iceland and Great Britain.
  • I declared on Monty (1808AD) and invaded Alaska with cannons/infantry. He was way behind in tech and his stack was stranded in Greenland so it was easy going. I also finally got a great engineer for Mining Inc (1810AD).
  • I took all of the cities on the West coast, and I nuked Nebraska to encourage them to capitulate (1844AD).
  • I built up a supply of nukes and paratroopers to attack the Inca. I took 13 of their 17 cities in one turn (1850AD) and they capitulate the next turn.

I've just got Egypt left to play as :)

Attachments

• Pob India.CivBeyondSwordSave
    411.8 KB · Views: 63
Egypt - Emperor - Space race & conquest & domination - 250,146 - 1836AD

Final game from me, bumping the thread for the last time. The highest score of all 7 of my games! (still playing with BetterBugAI mod [it's probably an old version now waited to check for updates to makes sure all of my games were equally fair], city flipping after conquest on, choose religions off)

Story of the game:
Spoiler :
  • It took me a few months to get round to starting a game, and a massive three months from starting it to completion.
  • One of the reasons it took me so long to get going was the starting location: I wasn't happy with settling in Egypt due to the :yuck: from the flood plains, so I took the unorthodox decision of moving all the way to Iraq and settling on the elephants.
  • City 2 went in Uzbekistan for the horses; it became my main military city with the Heroic Epic.
  • City 3 went in Egypt above the marble once health was no longer an issue; it became my main commerce city with the Oxford University.
  • Rome started the India-hate early and declared at 1160BC.
  • I oracled Currency at 950BC.
  • Settled Saudi Arabia to ward off barbs, not a great city, but it didn't need protecting and helped produce military.
  • Settled Sudan to help grow Egypt's cottages and to have a buffer city between Egypt and the Zulu.
  • Settled Ukraine to squeeze Rome (I was annoyed that they settled in Greece, which stopped me settling in Turkey! :mad:)
  • At 425BC rome made peace with India, who had valiantly defended their cities.
  • I captured barbarian Estonia which completely blocked off Rome.
  • I captured barbarian Norway, settled Finland.
  • At 325 AD Monty declared on Mao, and Caesar declared on Monty.
  • I settled Moscow and captured another barb city in Northern Russia and settle another city in Russia.
  • At 500AD I completed the Hanging Gardens. Other important early wonders went as follows: Rome built the Pyramids & the Collosus; China built the Great Lighthouse; Zulu built the Parthenon; India, Aztec, Inca each had a shrine.
  • Rome declared on the Aztecs and India surprisingly declared on China and took a city, but the Zulu joined in against India. I joined in too with elephants and catapults, I took three Indian cities; China retook their city and India capitulated to me at 740AD with 3 cities left.
  • I then joined in the war against Monty for the diplo +'s. Rome impressively managed to ship over enough troops to take a city.
  • China made peace with the Aztecs so I followed suit and then I declared on Rome; I captured Greece (my GPF and national epic city:D). Rome built Chichen Itza which stalled my war's progress.
  • I built the University of Sangkore.
  • Inca built the AP, with Caesar and Monty as its other members, so I made peace with Rome.
  • At 1040AD Inca peace vassaled to Monty.
  • Shaka built the Mausoleum of Maussollos and Great Library.
  • Monty declared on Rome and made a meal out of recapturing their city.
  • At 1210AD I redeclared on Rome with macemen added to my elepults. I took Steel from Liberalism at 1230AD. I captured Italy and Spain, and Caesar capitulated to me with 3 cities left (Germany, UK, Iceland). Italy had to be heavily garrisoned to prevent revolt.
  • I built the Taj Mahal.
  • At 1370AD I declared on China with cannons/macemen/knights; capturing just two cities was enough for them to capitulate, but they still had 12 cities so I had to keep an eye to make sure they didn't grow enough to break free.
  • At 1470AD I founded Mining Inc.
  • I bribed everyone to join in a new phony war against the Inca, who then went on to lose several cities to the Aztecs and one to the Zulu.
  • At 1600AD I founded Sid's Sushi, and Cereals at 1615AD for my vassals.
  • I settled 10 filler cities.
  • At 1705AD I made peace with HC and declared on Shaka leading with Privateers and then attacking on three fronts with artillery & infantry on 2 of them and cannons & cavalry on the third with airship support. I captured all of his African cities and he capitulated at 1760AD with just his 5 colonial cities left.
  • By this point I had decided to go for space race as it felt like I had taken a long time in securing the old world, but I continued with my warring anyway while building space parts. The privateers went to hassle the Aztecs while I declared on HC with marines and a couple of mobile artillery added to the old army, and at 1802AD the Inca were the first civilization to be wiped out.
  • I moved on to the Aztecs and could have wiped them out a few turns earlier but I waited until the turn of the spaceship landing to get all three victory conditions :smug:
  • All in all, an easy game thanks to my aggressive settling of cities. Once Rome and India were vassalized, the other wars were easy. I finished a fraction of a percent over the domination land threshold.
  • Top 5 units lost: 12 Privateers, 10 elephants, 10 catapults, 8 cannons, 3 cavalry.

My games ranked by score:
1 Egypt 250,146
2 Incan 230,662
3 China 208,697
4 India 192,872
5 Roman 186,373
6 Aztec 152,162
7 Zulu. 139,852

Attachments

• Pob Egypt.CivBeyondSwordSave
    471.1 KB · Views: 54
I'm still receiving submissions for this thing and I still have the intention of updating them all. Problem is I've had a very busy life since it started. It should all calm down in a month or two from now. That's when I'll have the energy and motivation to update it all. Sorry for the...two years(?)(!) of absense.

From looking at your screenshots you went oversees either pretty early since both Monty and Hyana only have a few cities - or did you race them? My problem with going as Rome was that I was bankrupt after taking out Egypt and India, so my second question is how you continued teching - sailing for TGL, alpha and currency? I guess I also kept too many cities from India. Btw, I found protective chinese archers pretty hard to fight without siege, even with CR3 on my praetoriens.

Good to know. Think I'll try some CR II's w/cover on my next try. I rage quit on my 1st go around do to some awful RNG and a couple of epic mistakes on my part.

Wow, I never saw this. I think that I'll take a gander, though I have a bad habit of only halfway completing challenges.

Top Bottom