[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I've got some brief suggestions for the game:

We need more mana sources. Some maps you'll end with only one or two per continent. Maybe some of the existing wonders could provide mana, like a water mana for the great light house?

Also, I think when you take a civ's starting city you should get a mana bonus from that city, if you choose to keep it. Like, if you take the Clan of Embers' Starting City the city would provide one fire mana. You'd obviously have to limit this to the starting city so players couldn't just take capital after capital.

Are you planning on reworking the AI at all? Or is that still on hold until more features get added. Compared to the threat from early game barbarians, the AI civs are just incompetent.

That's all, still addicted to the game, thanks.

i was just wondering if there is gonna be a scenario made for the game , so we can play with some good map for now , oddly, only one scenario is out at the moment

thanx

Frst of a i would like to than you guys..... you are the best modders i have seen )))) Its great and hard job...... (sorry for my english ) ....

I have one question is there going to be any Leders units to represent there civ.... something like that????

Thank you for your job.....!!!!!! :goodjob:

Just posted a FFH2 map I made.

It's not great, I just threw it together a few nights ago. I'm halfway through one game and while it certainly isn't balanced, it's quite playable. And i know everyone always wants more pre-made maps for FFH.
Don't be afraid to open that 'ol world builder and fix anything you dont like

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=184355

edit: PS. welcome to the board Grib

Frst of all i would like to thank you guys..... you are the best modders i have seen )))) Its great and hard job...... (sorry for my english ) ....

I have one question is there going to be any Leders units to represent there civ.... something like that????

Grib said:
Frst of all i would like to thank you guys..... you are the best modders i have seen )))) Its great and hard job...... (sorry for my english ) ....

2 Civs are speced to have their leaders as Units, the Mercurians already have Basium and the Infernals will eventually have Hyborem as a unit and leader.

I like the addition of the adaptive trait. But I'm not familiar enough with the choices given. Is there a way to add a mouse over explanation for the leader traits, when you're asked to choose a new one?

XplorR said:
I like the addition of the adaptive trait. But I'm not familiar enough with the choices given. Is there a way to add a mouse over explanation for the leader traits, when you're asked to choose a new one?

Second that. Actually wanted to suggest the same for quite some time already.

Kael said:
2 Civs are speced to have their leaders as Units, the Mercurians already have Basium and the Infernals will eventually have Hyborem as a unit and leader.

Are there going to be more Leaders? and how can i play for infernals or make AI play for infernas???? i cant do that when start scenario or game......:(

Grib said:
Are there going to be more Leaders? and how can i play for infernals or make AI play for infernas???? i cant do that when start scenario or game......:(

Not all of the civs are playable yet. There was 16 checked into this phase ("Light"), there are more coming in later phases.

Great mod, thanks for putting in all the time that you do. I just downloaded FF2 for the first time and it takes a really long time to load up. Civ4 loads up on my system right away but if i then load up FF2 mod it takes 5 to 6 minutes before the game will start up.

Is this normal? Have you heard of this problem before and is there a way i can correct this? Thanks.

-Apparat

Apparat said:
Great mod, thanks for putting in all the time that you do. I just downloaded FF2 for the first time and it takes a really long time to load up. Civ4 loads up on my system right away but if i then load up FF2 mod it takes 5 to 6 minutes before the game will start up.

Is this normal? Have you heard of this problem before and is there a way i can correct this? Thanks.

-Apparat

Congratulations on your first post...

yes, it takes quite some time to load (but it's worth the wait isn't it ;) )... I heard some ppl put it in another folder to reduce the loading time... but I can't remember where exactly.

Apparat said:

-Apparat

Yes unfortunately the load time is long, especially if you have a low spec computer like i do, but i find that the game is very worth it.

You can, however, speed up the process by copying the Fall from Heaven 2 shortcut onto your desktop. Then when you click it, the mod should load straight away without having to first go through the loading of the Vanilla Civ 4 game.

mrkingkong

Hi again Kael,

Recent game playing with Calabrim have had a nasty crash. Seems to occur with a sea attack on either 1 of my boats or my mage which has water walking. Here is the saved game. Crash happens within a few turns I believe. Thanks :)

Interesting. I guess that not only the game shouldn't crash, but units with water walking should survive even if the ship carring them sinks (there is a point in doing this, since most ships are faster than them). Or it's too difficult to code it?

XplorR said:

I will see if there is someway I can figure out to do it.

Morbius Wraith said:
Hi again Kael,

Recent game playing with Calabrim have had a nasty crash. Seems to occur with a sea attack on either 1 of my boats or my mage which has water walking. Here is the saved game. Crash happens within a few turns I believe. Thanks :)

I played and played with no crash. Are you sure its reproducable?

Hmm it's weird. It doesn't seem to happen every time. Will see if I can isolate if. If not...then probably good news :)

Top Bottom