[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Btw, Bambur + Orthus' Axe = sex

Make the Order a tad cheaper! It really hurts me as a Civ having to dish out research on a rough total of 6k beakers in succession. (2 for orders, 4 for obediance)

It's possible to recover, but maaan does it smart.

I bloody love the Elohim, btw.

Some concerns over 0.15j

1. Other than the name "Airlift" I was air lifting newly built units then immediately promoting with the movement promotion allows them movement immediately after airlift. Was useful in mass moving disciples for quick culture or temple from priests
2. Marksmen promotion/unit keep killing workers
3. The use of a disciple's "Great Work" for instant no unrest after capturing a city (tactic found when comboed with Nexus and No. 1)
4. Trojan horse gaining exp seems to provide no promotion
5. Use a Archmage to cast Unyielding order then replace with another Archmage while removing the first Archmage seems to allow Unyielding order to remain casted not sure if it applies to other Disciple units
6. Can some one explain how long is Valor is in effect and how much is the bonus?

Thanks alot

ghostbearkhan said:
Some concerns over 0.15j

1. Other than the name "Airlift" I was air lifting newly built units then immediately promoting with the movement promotion allows them movement immediately after airlift. Was useful in mass moving disciples for quick culture or temple from priests

I'll rename it to Gate instead of Airlift.

2. Marksmen promotion/unit keep killing workers

Yeah, Marksmen always hit the weakest unit in the stack. I may put an exception in so they tend not to hit the weakest unit that doesn't have 0 power. That does make it a bit more complex than just reversing the current algorithym (we dont want the game to explode if they attack a stack full of 0 power units) but it should be doable.

3. The use of a disciple's "Great Work" for instant no unrest after capturing a city (tactic found when comboed with Nexus and No. 1)

Im kinda mixed about this. On the one hand I like that you can send your disciples to newly conquered cities to help get them under control. But its probably a little to useful. I dont know what I will do with this. I'll ask the team.

4. Trojan horse gaining exp seems to provide no promotion

Thats correct, it doesnt "learn"

5. Use a Archmage to cast Unyielding order then replace with another Archmage while removing the first Archmage seems to allow Unyielding order to remain casted not sure if it applies to other Disciple units

That should work as long as the 2nd archmage has the ability to cast unyielding order. I dont track who the origional caster was, only that there is a unit in the city that can cast the spell. That way the players arent hassled recasting it.

6. Can some one explain how long is Valor is in effect and how much is the bonus?

+1 xp on each successful combat. It has a 10% chance of being removed each turn.

It should be working under multiplayer, if all players have the same version. As far as i know, there will be no warlords-version, basicly because Kael feels that the Vassal-system (the only decent thing in warlords) is not worth converting.

are you sure about that? he can modify it to something better that can really be useful after the warfare, that includes earning technology, reduce cost of buildings from vessal state, and other things as well. He can modify it to something better then the vessal state or turn it to something else.

Once and for all, there are 2 reasons why FfH won't be converted to warlords anytime soon:
1) Time spent on overhauling code would be better spent elsewhere
2) People without warlords wouldn't be able to play FfH

But team is back-reverting plenty of stuff anyway. And if you ask me, Vassal states are very unpolished feature (I can't vassal something and give conquered cities back to original owner. What is use of having vassal with 2 remaining cities? I had big hopes of devastating nation, then installing friendly government, keeping strategicly important cities for myself and giving everything else back. But that is not possible. I mean, in real world this was often a case)

Great mod. This mod brought me back to civ4. it gave the game a new meaning. thanx.
Baron Duin Halfmorn is a massive hero. get Orthus axe and be calabim and give him vampireism and he is unstobable. upto 5 attacks perturn and then he can make him feed on the litle warewolfs he has made and he is back in full streanght. When you update the units, don´t give the baron hero promotion. that is too powerfull:D

fannsi said:
Great mod. This mod brought me back to civ4. it gave the game a new meaning. thanx.
Baron Duin Halfmorn is a massive hero. get Orthus axe and be calabim and give him vampireism and he is unstobable. upto 5 attacks perturn and then he can make him feed on the litle warewolfs he has made and he is back in full streanght. When you update the units, don´t give the baron hero promotion. that is too powerfull:D

Yeah, no plans to give Duin the hero promotion, he is a one man army as is (well, not one man for long). Half werewolf and half vampire feeding on jr werewolves to sustain himself. That is one messy combo. Its makes me want to load up a game and try it out. :D

I think the movie Underworld was about some uber part werewolf/part vampire guy. I guess now we know why he was so tough.

Hello-

A couple pages back I reported that I was not able to use the loaded "birds" once I loaded them into a hunter, ranger etc.. I now seem to be having the same problem with the Trojan Horse. I tried loading a unit into the horse & after the first (he can hold 3 no?) there were no more orders available for the horse or any unit for that matter in my stack. Wanted to let you know. Here's a save for you to see & work with.

Thanks,
Seamus

seamus75 said:
Hello-

A couple pages back I reported that I was not able to use the loaded "birds" once I loaded them into a hunter, ranger etc.. I now seem to be having the same problem with the Trojan Horse. I tried loading a unit into the horse & after the first (he can hold 3 no?) there were no more orders available for the horse or any unit for that matter in my stack. Wanted to let you know. Here's a save for you to see & work with.

Thanks,
Seamus

Yeah PLE becomes confused with cargo, its fixed in 0.16.

I think it's best. I mean, vassalage...as hard as I think it just can't ever seem to make sense in FFH2.

I mean...Hyborem vassal to the Elohim...nah, never!

Bring on 0.16! We've brought so many (in my mp group) to the fold!

HEy Kael,

Question about Insane trait. I was playing the guy who has Insane and his trait changes..however, How can I tell what trait he has just aquired??

Morbius Wraith said:
HEy Kael,

Question about Insane trait. I was playing the guy who has Insane and his trait changes..however, How can I tell what trait he has just aquired??
mouseover your flag in the bottom right of the UI your traits will be listed

Hi

I'm having a bit of a problem, installed ok to:

C:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 015

When run Civ IV (1.61) works fine, if I choose to load the mod it's there so thats ok... So mod chosen game quits to load mod, now if I watch Windows task Manager it show 100% CPU usage and then the HDD does its thing and CPU drops to 0% and that it nothing else happens....

I've checked the forum and there was a similar problem, but he had not updated to latest patch. I have definitely patched to 1.61 but about this build says:

Civ version 1.00
save version 1.00
build version 0.21.0.1674(40601)

Am I missing the obvious? Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks

Hully

Hully said:
Hi

I'm having a bit of a problem, installed ok to:

C:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 015

When run Civ IV (1.61) works fine, if I choose to load the mod it's there so thats ok... So mod chosen game quits to load mod, now if I watch Windows task Manager it show 100% CPU usage and then the HDD does its thing and CPU drops to 0% and that it nothing else happens....

I've checked the forum and there was a similar problem, but he had not updated to latest patch. I have definitely patched to 1.61 but about this build says:

Civ version 1.00
save version 1.00
build version 0.21.0.1674(40601)

Am I missing the obvious? Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks

Hully

During that period Civ4 is copying the mod to cache directory. Most likely you just have to wait for the files to finish being copied. ON slower machines it can take a few minutes.

Top Bottom