Random Events list

missed that - I'll check, I believe its by player though, but not 100% sure. I will not be online for a couple days but should give you a reply by the weekend.
There is no problem. I can wait another year or two. I just hope that you are all right, Ori, and nothing ineradicable happened while you were offline :)

celebrated the new year - so took me a bit longer to come back :mischief:

anyhow I checked - events are triggered and checked for eligibility by Player (including the era percentages) with prereq (and obsolete) techs being checked by team. This means if there are prerequisite techs and the team knows all of them the event can trigger, if there are obsoleting techs and the team knows one of them then the event can no longer trigger.

celebrated the new year - so took me a bit longer to come back :mischief:

anyhow I checked - events are triggered and checked for eligibility by Player (including the era percentages) with prereq (and obsolete) techs being checked by team. This means if there are prerequisite techs and the team knows all of them the event can trigger, if there are obsoleting techs and the team knows one of them then the event can no longer trigger.
Toda roba!:)

Excellent article. I always wondered what I was missing when I got an unfamiliar event with some options greyed out due to my not having enough cash, or not owning the right WW.

In case anyone still cares, having multiple ruins or forges or whatever prerequisite building or feature is stated, does not multiply your chances of having a particular event occur. (Having multiple worked mines does multiply your chances of having minerals appear randomly in a worked mine, though. Confusing, that.)

Also, an event that grants a promotion to a unit type that could not normally take that promotion line, does not open up that promotion line for the unit. So even if you get Combat 1 for your Cannons, you can’t promote them to Combat 2 and up when you have accumulated experience for a new promotion.

Is there an update somewhere for BtS 3.19?

I just got the Healing Plant event, and the options don't match up with the ones in the list.

Yeah, this update would be excellent. Have you find some Pan?
Thanks in advance!

For the second: I am not perfectly sure how units in cargo are dealt with but I don't really remember anything that would prevent Jed from finding oil under water.

sorry to necro a thread from so long, ago, but just had this trigger: yes an explorer in a ship can trigger this event. (Also, it reveals *all* Oil, not just that plot).

Also, Aluminium from AlumCo isn't sufficient to fulfil the Hostile Takeover Quest.

Last edited:
Federal Reserve
Prereq: Free Market Civic AND at least 1000 gold AND CORPORATION
Obsolete: None
Active/Weight: 90/200
Result:
1.-10% Inflation
2.pay 200 gold AND -25% Inflation

I actually had this event happen to me, but I am completely ignorant of any mechanism called "inflation". I paid the gold and hoped it benefited me somehow. Can someone please explain "inflation"?

With events that give all of a unit X ability. Is that to all units currently out? Or all future units? Do units get this ability when they are upgraded to the relevant type? Or lose it when they are upgraded from the relevant type?

Do you get quests that require you to build X amount of something if you already have that amount?
Like do you get a quest to build 7 stables if you already have 7 stables, and you just automatically qualify at that time for the reward? Or having built them means you can't get the quest?

If you get a quest that gives you bonus food for every stable etc, do you lose that bonus when the structure becomes obsolete? Do you lose the bonus when you get the tech that makes the quest obsolete/not appear?

When it says "have at least X amount of water tile" like the amount of area in your territory verses the world?

Last edited:
I actually had this event happen to me, but I am completely ignorant of any mechanism called "inflation". I paid the gold and hoped it benefited me somehow. Can someone please explain "inflation"?

With events that give all of a unit X ability. Is that to all units currently out? Or all future units? Do units get this ability when they are upgraded to the relevant type? Or lose it when they are upgraded from the relevant type?

Do you get quests that require you to build X amount of something if you already have that amount?
Like do you get a quest to build 7 stables if you already have 7 stables, and you just automatically qualify at that time for the reward? Or having built them means you can't get the quest?

If you get a quest that gives you bonus food for every stable etc, do you lose that bonus when the structure becomes obsolete? Do you lose the bonus when you get the tech that makes the quest obsolete/not appear?

When it says "have at least X amount of water tile" like the amount of area in your territory verses the world?

Inflation is a multiplier that is applied to your expenses as the game goes along. You can see the current inflation level on the F2 (Economy) screen.

Events that give a promotion to all units of a particular type, grant the promotion to existing and new units of that type.

Similarly, buildings you have already built, count towards the total number of buildings (stables, harbours, forges, etc) you need to fulfil a particular quest. Same for units of a particular type (e.g. Caravels).

Inflation is a multiplier that is applied to your expenses as the game goes along. You can see the current inflation level on the F2 (Economy) screen.
So unlike real inflation, it has no detrimental effects on savings?

Events that give a promotion to all units of a particular type, grant the promotion to existing and new units of that type.
Does that mean they lose the promotion if you upgrade them to a unit type that doesn't qualify? For example if you get X promotion on every mounted unit, do you lose that if you upgrade it into a attack helicopter?

Similarly, buildings you have already built, count towards the total number of buildings (stables, harbours, forges, etc) you need to fulfil a particular quest. Same for units of a particular type (e.g. Caravels).

That doesn't answer my question. I asked if you already had the required amount, do you get the quest? Like if you would need to build 7 stables to fulfill the quest, and you already have built 7 or more stables, do you still have a chance of getting the quest and you automatically get the reward at the same time you get the quest? I'm not asking if you have 6 stables get the quest and then build a seventh, I'm asking if you already have all 7? I feel I was very explicit in my question so I'm a bit flustered with your reply that acts like I asked something else.

Person tries to help.

Reaction: :gripe:

Sigh.

As for inflation, obviously it doesn't work exactly like real-life inflation, but the effect is sort-of the same. Costs increase -> savings/profits decrease.

Sorry if I offended you by saying that wasn't what I was asking to someone elses reply. But flustered does not equal angry much-less furious like you're implying with your emoticon.

As far as what is most realistic, I don't want to get bogged down in some pointless discussion when I still have unanswered questions. Do you know any of the answers or did you just post to publicly criticize and debate me Pangea?

I would guess yes. I thought i remember getting the guns and butter event when I already had enough muskets to qualify.
Most of the players here play with events off, (as I do now)

And If I remember on promos, if they upgrade they keep them but if you upgrade to it you don't get it. (someone can correct if my old feeble memory has failed me)

Why play with events off? Where in options is that option anyway?

Last edited:
Why play with events off? Where in options is that option anyway?

I don't play with events so can't help a great deal there. The option to turn them off is in the "custom game" options screen, along with a lot of other options. I start most games via "custom game". Many folks don't play with events as we find them annoying most of the time, and really not all that beneficial.

Pretty sure stables do obsolete. That is, even at a point when they are essentially useless, the building still remains in the city as well as the food bonus from the event. Can't speak to other buildings, but don't recall any other event bonus related to a building that obsoletes...like a monument or monastery.

Sorry, don't understand the context of the last question, which in no way means there is a problem with the question.

Lastly, back up to your promo question. All hard promos remain when upgraded, and not sure there is any promo a mounted unit gets that a helicopter doesn't (but haven't built a heli in years). Special bonuses innate to certain UUs but not reflected by an actual promo do not carry over with upgrade. For example, the Balista Elephant bonus and the Musketeer bonus.

Many folks don't play with events as we find them annoying most of the time,
To further enlighten, the barbarian archer event (or horse barbarian even) early in the game can be a game ender. but the biggest issue (which I actually disagree with) is the slave revolt event. Since slavery is so overpowered, I always thought this was an equalizer but most SPers don't agree. For MP it is a bigger issue. And certain events caused OOS issues (don't know if Kmod fixed all of them) so events off usually a standard in MP games. Please feel free to disagree.

Top Bottom