EFZI2 Complete - December 22, 2012

4 quick things (again)
1, dockers are 8,7,2 that is how strong they were before the update is that on purpose?
2, it takes 182 turns minimum for the authorities to get "get me the president" that is 42 turns after the zombies reach "domination", is there a way to make it so that the zombies get it slightly later or the authorities get it slightly earlier?
3,how did you make it so that the company and survivors get "TARDIS full power" but the authorities and farmers get "tTARDIS operational"?
4, does the company begin the game with the TARDIS?

The authorities can get Get Me the President faster than 182 turns.

Knowing how the techs work is a big help to winning. The AI will research Aid Relief, Dogs (I forget the exact name), the Nerds (again, I forget the name), and Advanced Mathmatics (and maybe The Lasers tech also).

There is no need for the human to research any of these techs. Just trade for them.

Also don't forget your Think Tank will give you two free techs.

i know about the think tank and all but i was wondering if it was possible to make it so that the human can get techs faster than every 14 turns.

Yeap, go to the editor.

Congratulations Vuldacon , on your release of EFZI2. As far I know, A city turned into Apocalypse as Mayans predicted on their "fake" calendar and Vuldacon decided to test us if we will survive or not. I will try when I will have the chance which its not being busy chasing criminals lol oh wait,they all become zombies darn it. Actually, When I will be less unoccupied with other games I try it,bud
really love the changes you made Vuldacon

4 quick things (again)
1, dockers are 8,7,2 that is how strong they were before the update is that on purpose?
2, it takes 182 turns minimum for the authorities to get "get me the president" that is 42 turns after the zombies reach "domination", is there a way to make it so that the zombies get it slightly later or the authorities get it slightly earlier?
3,how did you make it so that the company and survivors get "TARDIS full power" but the authorities and farmers get "tTARDIS operational"?
4, does the company begin the game with the TARDIS?

maurcus...

1. Dockers have the same Attack, Defense and Moves but they now have 6 Hit Points instead of 5 so they are stronger. Otherwise, Yes, the settings are the same and intended. I will interject here that the Marines have the same settings as before. They did not require change, especially because they have Lethal Shooting.
2. Read the "Capability Guide Authorities" in Game Concepts of the Civilopedia. All Human Factions can gain all Capabilities offered by around the time the Zombies reach the Domination. The Think Tanks along with Trading for Capabilities ensure this.
3. Those are two Different Units. The TARDIS Full Power has an Attack and the TARDIS Transport does not have an Attack... otherwise both Units have the same settings.
4. Yes, the Company Owns the TARDIS... Dr Lazar developed it.

The "Tech" turn times are set in the Editor under General Settings/Technology. Minimum and Maximum turn times. IF you change the turns they will be changed for all Factions and that includes the Zombies.

The Dockers, Strippers and Chainsaw Maniacs require No Support and are free units that are simply intended to help the player as they like. This can be using them Fortified on a Skyscraper to hit Zombies that pass by or as units to help cover tiles around Buildings.

Read the Civilopedia entries for any Unit. All Unit entries state the Unit Bonuses, including Hit Points, Zone of Control, if they Use sewers, if they are a King Unit, If they do not require Support, etc...

When trying to analyze Unit Stats...
Keep in mind that Hit Points matter Greatly. A Unit with less Attack and Defense can Kill a stronger Unit with more Attack and Defense if the lesser unit has more Hit Points. The Terrain that the Units are on also makes a difference. For example, A Unit on a Skyscraper is stronger than the same unit on a street.

Special Note: I spent a Great deal of time on the Civilopedia Entries for everything and that includes Units and Game Concepts among them... Please refer to the Civilopedia with questions you have first. If Anyone has any questions they cannot find in the Civilopedia, I will be happy to try and answer them.

A Note explaining my Reason for Unit Hit Points:
The Civ Game uses "Random Play Factors" that offer a variety of results from Battle. While this does add variety, it also tends to prevent players from being able to know with certainty what Unit will Win. The Random Play Factor is how a "Spearman Kills a Tank" :)
Because I want the Units that are intended to be Stronger than a lesser Unit to Win the Battle with certainty, Hit Points help that happen because with more Hit Points the Random Factors are not as strong due to the unit having "More Lives" to bypass the random outcome or stated another way, Hit Points are as if the Unit is many units in one which is equal to the amount of Hit Points the unit has. Generally, the Random Factors are not applied to many units all the same ... so if a Unit has lets say, 4 Hit Points, the Random Play Factor will not tend to have all "4 units" die when each should win in battle. Hope this makes sense :crazyeye:

... The Hit Points do cause longer Battles and many are not as desirable such as a Cop Shooting many, many rounds trying to kill a Zombie but for the Human Player who uses the Lethal Shooting Units rather than direct Attacks, this is not a big problem. The problem is when the AI takes its turn and uses direct unit attacks that will have longer Battles.
The Bottom Line is Hit Points are more important for the EFZI2 Complete units to allow players to be able to have certainty about unit strength concerning direct Attacks or Defense than the undesirable longer battles they cause.

Thanks smirnoff :)

The Dockers, Strippers and Chainsaw Maniacs require No Support and are free units that are simply intended to help the player as they like. This can be using them Fortified on a Skyscraper to hit Zombies that pass by or as units to help cover tiles around Buildings.
In every movie there's someone who get's snagged just before the hero gets in a good double-tap or uses a new weapon effectively. In game terms the cheap units can be sacrificed to draw powerful zombies out into the open or separate an invincible mob into single zombies to be picked off.

Finished my survivor game on Level Mature.
Hero Hannibal Smith, Detective Sam Hammer, and some champions managed to commandeer a helicopter at the airport and get to the mainland to warn the world. And just in time too, with only 2 turns left!

Thanks for a fun, wonderful game Vuldacon!
Next up, I'll try to eradicate the zombies entirely as the Authorities.

what does bwkrm mean?

I held the airport for about 5 turns. Long enough to quell resistence, rush build the Helicopter, and airlift some units to the mainland.

What are the dominate Zombies like, since in all my testing I never encountered them, since i always won the game before I got to that stage.

It's been a while since I loaded Civ 3, but I am for this. I can't seem to remember how to do open borders with other civs. I recall doing this in earlier versions of EFZI, but I'm stuck now. How do I initiate open borders with Farmers for example?

Also, that car unit you start with (used to be a yellow car in the last version) appears to be a person in my game. Is this normal?

'How to do open borders'? Borders are always open. If you mean stopping the AI from chasing you off their lawn, then offer them a Right of Passage (commonly known as ROP) through diplomacy. Tog et there, either contact one of their units or go to the diplomacy advisor screen (F4).

it looks like a person on Elvis birthday

'How to do open borders'? Borders are always open. If you mean stopping the AI from chasing you off their lawn, then offer them a Right of Passage (commonly known as ROP) through diplomacy. Tog et there, either contact one of their units or go to the diplomacy advisor screen (F4).

Yeah, sorry I forgot the exact terminology and it's been so long since I played Civ 3. When I click on the D (Diplomacy) to contact the leader, I ask to make a deal, but ROP is not an option. I see resources, gold, cities, etc. but nothing like ROP.

Top Bottom