Arriving/Leaving Thread Rules Be Darned!

Sultan Bhargash

Trickster Reincarnated
I mean honestly. People post they are back, we haven't seen them, or they are new, we want to greet them, or they are leaving, we want to wish them a good time.

It is silly to say "use PM" when we all have space limitation on PM. It seems so unfeeling to see these people say "I'm going" and nobody responding to that. Am I the only one who feels this way? The old leaving/arriving thread, non stickied, was very chatty but not a problem for mods- and that was back when there were only two mods. C'mon, honestly. Lets friendly it up. C'mon.

Welcome to the Big Bad Ugly Bustling Metropolitan Big City. :p

Will reconsider official position, once OT been splited.

Add : It's a stickied thread - for informational purposes. If it's not, I wouldn't put in such silly rules.

Originally posted by XIII
Huh? That's rediculous. You would consider changing the rules on a thread once a split is complete that changes nothing about the thread? It's a single thread to begin with, I see no reason why it would be "spamming" the forum if it remains within that one thread. There is no correlation between splitting the OT and the rules in the Arriving/Leaving thread.

I'd just screw the stickiness. Let it drop to the regular part of OT, post a link to that thread in the OT specific rules thread, and re-open it to public use. We're all happy. :)

For one thing, I'm planning on unsticking it - less chance of it being buried somewhere on the 10th pg with the forum split - and let you guys say all your hellos, goodbyes and stuff, since you're absolutely dying to do so seemingly. :p

For another, who says mods are logicial, esp when they first wake up in the morning, and haven't done their usual morning 'chores' and see some thread darning me? :p

Originally posted by Octavian X
I'd just screw the stickiness. Let it drop to the regular part of OT, post a link to that thread in the OT specific rules thread, and re-open it to public use. We're all happy. :)
Good idea. :goodjob:

Much better than hearing complaints. :p

Um, what exactly is the relation between being able to chat in that thread and it being sticky? If anything, chatting would be a problem if it's not stickied; since it's at the top anyway it doesn't matter if people repeatedly chat in it. Sticky threads are pretty much immune to spam (unless you care about postcount for some reason). And of course I think it's good that it's stickied; it's an important thread that deserves to be at the top at all times. I think it should stay stickied, and you should be able to say "good bye," etc. Not that I myself will do much of that, though.

You illogical heathens. :p

I thought the splitting OT idea had been shelved. :confused:

Thread has been unchained to flow with the tides; link provided for in the last remaining stickied. Happy now? :p

Originally posted by Dralix
I thought the splitting OT idea had been shelved. :confused:
TF said he'd test-run it for awhile... <shrugs>

It must have been something I said... :p

Originally posted by Ohwell
Das Grammar Nazi ist hier!

The plural of heathen is heathen. No need to add the s.
Heathens is also acceptable. :p

@XIII: No, I'm not happy. :p Okay, I guess it's okay. But IMO, it deserves to stay at the top no matter what. But hey, I'm not a mod. :)

Hurray, we get to be civilized again!!!

Now what's this about splitting OT?

Originally posted by WillJ
Heathens is also acceptable. :p

@XIII: No, I'm not happy. :p Okay, I guess it's okay. But IMO, it deserves to stay at the top no matter what. But hey, I'm not a mod. :)

I'm sure it'll stay at the top, what with all the Hi's and Bye's there.

So, XII & Co, can one safely assume that this is subject to the same rules (that apply, at least) as the Word Association Threads, such as being deleted at 500 posts?

Originally posted by Ohwell
Das Grammar Nazi ist hier!
It's "der Nazi" you wannabe! :p

Ah yeah, splitting OT will destroy the Colloseum and transfer it into a spam haven, but whatever... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Hitro
Ah yeah, splitting OT will destroy the Colloseum and transfer it into a spam haven, but whatever... :rolleyes:
It is already a spam heaven... :rolleyes:

Every morning I wake up to mod it, and have more than 1 pg with new posts in them to shift thru - not exactly a thrilling prospect. :rolleyes:

It is already a spam heaven... :rolleyes:
Yeah, but then it gonna be a haven, too. :p

And anyway, do something about it, you're the mod. :D
Every morning I wake up to mod it, and have more than 1 pg with new posts in them to shift thru - not exactly a thrilling prospect. :rolleyes:
That's how it has always been. The number of new posts has rather decreased. Before the whole Iraq mess there was always more than a page of new posts when I was absent for a day, now it is often less.

Originally posted by Hitro
And anyway, do something about it, you're the mod. :D
Not by choice... :p

Well, I tried; but got overwhelmed by you laddies. :p

But so long as the trolls and flamers are relatively under control, spam isn't really that bad... :)

Top Bottom