Countdown to Brave New World Pack

I've already booked a couple of vacation days so I can play uninterupted at the start. Then I don't have to worry about 'just one more turn'.

Before you book your vacation, you should probably put in a buffer zone of a week or so to allow them to patch the worst issues that will inevitably be discovered after release ...

Before you book your vacation, you should probably put in a buffer zone of a week or so to allow them to patch the worst issues that will inevitably be discovered after release ...

I was supposed to be on vacation this week, but I postponed it until July 15-19, so I inadvertently followed your advice.

I pre-ordered it from Amazon, which means I'll probably get it the day after release date...

...which, as luck would have it, is the day on which I will be taking my lovely mother out for lunch as it's her birthday. D'oh!

Well, I think it is better if you pre-order it on steam. I pre-ordered it at the beginning of June, and will probably get it a day earlier (11th July because I'm in Europe). I remember that the same thing happened with the Total War:Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai, I pre-ordered it month or so before release and got it a day earlier. Although I think this only works with the expansions, not with the full games.

The only good thing regarding pre-ordering on steam is that you are guaranteed to get it early as 00:00 12th July, meaning you can technically play it the day earlier by staying up late, you can also simply leave your PC on past midnight and then once you are finished with chores/errands just start playing instead of having to go to a shop or wait for it to be installed in the morning.

The only good thing regarding pre-ordering on steam is that you are guaranteed to get it early as 00:00 12th July 9PM 8th of July, meaning you can technically play it the day earlier by staying up late, you can also simply leave your PC on past midnight and then once you are finished with chores/errands just start playing instead of having to go to a shop or wait for it to be installed in the morning.

West Coast FTW :D

I just finished my finals a couple of hours ago, and now all I have to do is to wait for BNW in a long chair with a cocktail. :D

Well, I think it is better if you pre-order it on steam. I pre-ordered it at the beginning of June, and will probably get it a day earlier (11th July because I'm in Europe). I remember that the same thing happened with the Total War:Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai, I pre-ordered it month or so before release and got it a day earlier. Although I think this only works with the expansions, not with the full games.

Also only works if you're not one of those weird people who still only ever buys games which come in boxes :mischief:

Top Bottom