Do girls play civ?

stoferb

Prince
It seems most that play civilization are guys. But I'm curious as to what the ratio is. Do we have any female civers in this forum?

It's about 9:1 according to most polls.

And at least one girl plays for the other team ;) But we all love her, bless her cotton socks.

Yes. I play with a few almost weekly :p.

This genre doesn't have the female #'s a lot of other gaming genres have though. The only ones I can think of that are comparable/worse are RTS and Shooters.

Yeah, but they are lady-boys, TMIT.

C'mon guys, are you all forgetting PolyCast has almost always had two regular female co-hosts, not to mention the 2007 Xmas special: "Girls Playing Civ"?

It seems most that play civilization are guys. But I'm curious as to what the ratio is. Do we have any female civers in this forum?
There is me, KMadCandy, AimeeandBeetles, Kathy, the girls from Polycast... There are quite a few of us. :D

It's about 9:1 according to most polls.

And at least one girl plays for the other team ;) But we all love her, bless her cotton socks.
I only wear cotton socks at work, Mr. Mouthy-Pants. :p

But it's nice to know you love me, socks and all. :)

Misotu doesn't - she's like #3 in the Hall of Fame... and that's not counting Moonsinger, Queen of the Quechua rush... before she retired from playing civ (although she still has a lot of #1's in the hall of fame on deity).

My girlfriend plays every now and then, but she enjoys simcity games way more.
And to be sure, that is the way she preferes to play in civ as well.

I think that it is awesome that cultural/diplomatical victories has been added, it makes the game more diverse and more people can enjoy it.

Never mind.

You'd be surprised what games we play ;)
In my mmo raidguild we are ~30% girls out of ~80 members.

I don't know any personally, but I know there are some on the forums who have already been mentioned. I do know some girls who play Age of Empires...

There are also some active female forum members in the Civ3 section of CivFanatics. I would guess the ratio there is similar to here.

There are also some active female forum members in the Civ3 section of CivFanatics. I would guess the ratio there is similar to here.

I think so. I look in the Civ3 forum and there are some females. Actually, the highest scoring CivIII HOF game ever was by a woman, Moonsinger. She also put up some high scoring HOF games in vanilla CivIV. She hasn't been around for a few years, however.

My wife used to play CIV, but she decided it was too addictive after staying up too late a few times due to "one more turn" syndrome. She considered that to be a problem, while most people on this forum probably think that's normal. But she pretty much quit cold turkey. I haven't seen her start up CIV in a couple of years.

The wife of one of my friends has also been known to play CIV, but I think it's more of a social thing with her. Since the rest of us are playing, she'll play too. Since she plays a couple of difficulty levels lower than the rest of us, she always beats everyone to the early wonders.

Both my daughter and my wife play Civ.

Top Bottom