What UUs and UBs to include in CivV?

Considering those guys get ignored by games pretty much. I could live with them as the Russian UU. It would be something refreshing for once in a while and not the same Cossaks again.

I agree, would be quite refreshing.

Strelets are really fun. They'd be musketmen with 7 strength but cheap as axemen.

And someone mentioned it being unfair for a UB to become obsolete (totem pole). But a lot of UB's are available late game, like the Russian of American UB in Civ4.

I said that because I usually don't build monument-like buildings so I'm biased! :mischief:

The Egyptians invented chariots and they were the tanks of the Ancient World. It's a perfect fit.

More like Apache helicopter. I watched an editorial on the history channel that stated that a division of chariots charged firing arrows all the while and wheeled about going the opposite direction in retreat. "So many arrows were fired in succession it was like being fired on by an Apache helicopter," in his words.

The Egyptians invented chariots and they were the tanks of the Ancient World. It's a perfect fit.

We're not certain who invented the chariot, but we are certain it wasn't the Egyptians. Mesopotamia has the earliest evidence in the settled regions of the Levant (where evidence is most likely to be preserved), but it may have been developed in somewhere in what is now the south of Russia by an unknown people. It's actually quite an inappropriate UU for the Egyptians, because of the problems Egypt traditionally has had keeping horses and because chariots are more associated with Egypt's enemies (though Egypt itself eventually adopted it).

Top Bottom