Quick Questions and Answers

How do i download mods with the new update the browse mods button is gone and when i look on steam there's no download option on their mods?

I've had CiV since the release date, but my computer wasn't strong enough to run it. Now that I've upgraded, one of the first things I did was start a game of CiV. I'm about 300 turns into my first game (Marathon). In my spare time, I'm reading all 100+ pages of this thread.

My question is this: how is it possible to obtain a Domination Victory when the size of the military it would take to achieve this condition would bankrupt you?

For the record, I am loving this game so far.

Multi-player Question: If I join/start playing a MP game over the Internet will I be strapped to my computer for a long time? I mean, what if I can only spare 30 min? Should I not even bother unless I can commit hours at a time?

I've had CiV since the release date, but my computer wasn't strong enough to run it. Now that I've upgraded, one of the first things I did was start a game of CiV. I'm about 300 turns into my first game (Marathon). In my spare time, I'm reading all 100+ pages of this thread.

My question is this: how is it possible to obtain a Domination Victory when the size of the military it would take to achieve this condition would bankrupt you?

A few more questions:

1. With the game coming up on 2 years old, is it safe to say that there will be no more patches?

2. If I have a fresh install via Steam, does that ensure that I have the latest patch, or do I have to update manually?

3. Is the Gods and Kings expansion pack worth the money?

4. Can you disable espionage in Gods and Kings? I love the religion aspect, but hate the spies.

I can't say that I've ever really gone for a domination victory - I prefer to concentrate on science. However, in the experience that I have with capturing cities and whatnot, I feel like it's safe to say that the more cities you capture, the more gold you can make per turn, which means it's easier to sustain a larger army. Also, you don't have to conquer everyone at the same time - you can use the same army multiple times, so you don't have to continuously produce units once you have enough to beat the other civs.

A few more questions:

1. With the game coming up on 2 years old, is it safe to say that there will be no more patches?

2. If I have a fresh install via Steam, does that ensure that I have the latest patch, or do I have to update manually?

3. Is the Gods and Kings expansion pack worth the money?

4. Can you disable espionage in Gods and Kings? I love the religion aspect, but hate the spies.

1. Based on experience with previous Civ games, and since there was a patch released on the 14th of June, there probably won't be any more patches for vanilla CiV - especially since G&K is out.

2. I believe that you should have the latest patch if you downloaded your game recently (within the past week or so). The latest version/patch ends with .674, so if in the main menu of CiV you look at the bottom of the screen and the version number that ends in .674, then you have the latest patch.

3. I don't have G&K yet, so I can't tell you, but it seems like most people are happy with the new features.

4. Again I'm not completely sure, but as far as I know you can't. I'm sure that if you can't someone is out there creating a mod (if it hasn't been created already) that disables espionage.

The wording for this is quite ambiguous.

Religious Unity: Religion spreads to friendly city-states at double rate

What does "friendly" really mean? Does it mean ally/friend CS, or CS which are not at war with me, or CS whose personality is friendly?

Anyone has a clue?

Just Curious: All the screen shots and videos show the map with the undiscovered hexs as a thick cloud. Mine shows it as a big black wall/spot. Why?

This sounds like a graphics card issue. Make sure you have the latest driver installed. You can also try to lower your video settings.

You can choose to set the tech for a technology that is not yet available; if you do it will automatically get the techs needed before that. The thing is in lets plays i have seen people set the game to get techs that are not necessarily in a straight line, how do you do that?

I realize it might not be a good explanation, you can see what i mean at about 18:40 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Nu2_fPKEw&feature=relmfu

Just Curious: All the screen shots and videos show the map with the undiscovered hexs as a thick cloud. Mine shows it as a big black wall/spot. Why?

I believe this would most likely either be because you are running the DirectX 9 version of CiV or your video settings for fog of war are too low. I would try updating video drivers and adjusting the fog of war detail option in the game.

This sounds like a graphics card issue. Make sure you have the latest driver installed. You can also try to lower your video settings.

I believe this would most likely either be because you are running the DirectX 9 version of CiV or your video settings for fog of war are too low. I would try updating video drivers and adjusting the fog of war detail option in the game.

I have a new laptop. (Brand spanking new). Also it appears that way on my wife's laptop, my dad's and my kid's... Could all of these drivers be the issue?

We play with the highest DirectX.

Is it possible that it is the game itself? As that is the one common denominator...

It's not a big deal (I think?)

I have a new laptop. (Brand spanking new). Also it appears that way on my wife's laptop, my dad's and my kid's... Could all of these drivers be the issue?

We play with the highest DirectX.

Is it possible that it is the game itself? As that is the one common denominator...

It's not a big deal (I think?)

Thanks. It was the settings in game!

Just wanted a pair of questions about binding and unit binding work:

How do you unit bind? Is it ctrl + # and # to recall?
Can units be binded with generals and grand admirals?

Thanks in advance

I played Civ V for the first time last week (I've had it since it came out but my puter couldn't run it). I played about 300 turns into a Marathon game but then bought Gods and Kings. In the vanilla game, I had an option to garrison a unit in the city. On G&K, that option to garrison isn't coming up. I can only fortify.

Am I doing something wrong or is that option gone in this expansion?

Top Bottom