• Israel

Votes: 40 19.4%
  • Iroquois

Votes: 25 12.1%
  • Other

Votes: 39 18.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
believe it or not, a lot of young people who watched 300 don't realize it was the persians that the spartans were fighting.(oh god, save me from the stupidity of public schools!)

That is pretty pathetic and is sadly true (based on kids at my school)

yeah, they were confirmed from the start

Why can't we generate our own Civ in the startup screen. Make each leader trait and special unit/building worth a certain number of points based on its relative value and start the game with a set number of points. Buy the traits/special units/special buildings that you want to start the game. Maybe you choose 3 traits and no units/buildings or no traits and lots of buildings. Make it customizable. A recommendation for CIV5??????? What do you think?
this is something 2k/Firaxis could put in a later add-on to the game but not as from the launch of the game. Civilization is about recreating history, it would not fit in the starting concept.

I think it's a shame they didn't put Persia in the console game.

Anyone know about majapahit??
Maybe this isn't quite popular, but they had a big territory.
Almost all of southeast asia
Including indonesia, malaysia, timor leste, south thailand and philippines, brunei darussalam.
It's very big.
Almost as big as europe

yes, I've heard of them..........But I thought they only ruled some of Indonesia.....

No.
Majapahit had rule all of indonesia.Indonesia alone is very big.
But they also rule malaysia, and little of thailand and philippines.
It's bigger than what civ like japan or india control.

Until i just read your message i had never heard of that Civilization, nor a couple of those countries.

the one thing is that the majapahit are now not ruling, Japan and India still exist, and most people have never heard of them so they don't want to overwhelm console players by putting in lesser-known civs.......

the one thing is that the majapahit are now not ruling, Japan and India still exist, and most people have never heard of them so they don't want to overwhelm console players by putting in lesser-known civs.......
I guest you're right.
Otherwise it's just an idea

yeh i mean give them a break there all dumb thickos of course. :king::sad:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................why?

Persia, Babaylon, and Sumer are the 3 big Civs they missed.

Civ Revolutions bias against ancient Civs is sickening.

I chose Persia because everyone knows of Alexander the Great, and he conquered Persia, making them well-known.

Btw, where could I find a list of Civ in CivRev?

Are you insane. Alexander the Great didn't make Persia well known. It was Persia that made Alexander the Great well known.

Persia was the first great world empire, and Cyrus the Great was the first great world conquer. Cyrus the Great made Persia well known, and the conquest of Persia made Alexander the Great well known not the other way around.

Alexander's conquest of Persia makes him legendary. He did not make Persia legendary; Cyrus the Great is main one responsible for that.

Top Bottom