How does Final Frontier compare to Galactic Civilizations 2?

Don't forget one thing, gc2 has no multiplayer ... that is why i don't play it.

So ff not that bad with a multi ^^

If one day gc2 has a multi maybe i will change my mind but i cannot understand no mutli (hotseat or lan) with a game with so many possibility like gc2.

Even moo2 had a multi and god knows how old it is :p

Don't forget one thing, gc2 has no multiplayer ... that is why i don't play it.

So ff not that bad with a multi ^^

If one day gc2 has a multi maybe i will change my mind but i cannot understand no mutli (hotseat or lan) with a game with so many possibility like gc2.

Even moo2 had a multi and god knows how old it is :p

GC2 drags on too long to play MP. If it were more streamlined like MOO2 then I would say sure add it in. I don't think enough people would play MP GC2 as it is now.

Have any of you played Galactic Civilizations 2? If so, how does it compare to the scenario Final Frontier? More fun? Harder? Graphics? Keeps you coming back to play?

stwils

Having now just played the BtS Final Frontier mod twice, and Gal Civ 1 & 2 my own preference is for BtS Final Frontier.

Gal Civ in my opinion forces the player to continually design new special purpose spaceships because of the various research orders that may be pursued on the tech trees, and the fact unlike the Civ series there are there different types of attack and defense, and if an unmatched attack and defense occurs, the result is much much different than a matched attack and defense.

There is one advantage both versions of Gal Civ have over the Sid Meier Civ series, a uproarious sense of humor regarding the aliens.

The only flaw I have found to date in Final Frontier is that when I took over the main planet of a neighboring civ this crashed my ability to build non-military items on all the planets of all my star systems. The fix is part of the first post at

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234998

joel west

The only flaw I have found to date in Final Frontier is that when I took over the main planet of a neighboring civ this crashed my ability to build non-miltary items on all the planets of all my star systems. I plan on submitting a bug report to try and get a fix to this.

joel west

That sounds reminiscent of [civ2] . During war the player could opt to "militarize" his society. This would restrict all production to military units and buildings until there was peace. IIRC it was easier to build units or there was less war weariness.

That sounds reminiscent of [civ2] . During war the player could opt to "militarize" his society. This would restrict all production to military units and buildings until there was peace. IIRC it was easier to build units or there was less war weariness.
Except in this case it's actually a pretty bad bug which occurs when you capture a city with a Starport. ;) Fortunately it'll be fixed with the next patch. :D

Jon

Except in this case it's actually a pretty bad bug which occurs when you capture a city with a Starport. ;) Fortunately it'll be fixed with the next patch. :D

Jon
The bad part is that it's automatic. The benefits were only useful if you were overmatched by the AI. A long war with you stuck with only units to build was harsh.

Top Bottom