Rhyse too based on luck

Pygoscelis

Chieftain
The Rhyse and Fall historical goals are too based on luck, frustratingly so.

I tried first as India and could not get Monotheism before the computer autogot it. No realistic chance at Confucionism or Taoism either. Luck may have made it possible along with the oracle... but luck still rules that out most of the time for me.

Then I tried as Babylon. Not a chance. Try to get writing first? HOW? Luck seems the only way. It is too early to get with a prophet or the oracle.

:mad: Frustrating. :cry:

well, I did not play them in bts but only with warlords and there it works: the historical victories are sometimes tricky - for India the only way to win is to go first directly for monotheism and only afterwards for meditation ( I tried it with level monarch and it works)
Otherwise you never get it even with a lot of luck :)

I also finished the babylonian one but I do not remember how exactly. There is a WIKI to Ryes and Fall with Strategy Hints. I think the link is in the mod section.

My major frustration with this scenario was not the historical victories (I'm well on my way to winning as Spain--got the first colony in America thing, but am still keeping the rest of Europe away from it), but the Plague. And not the plague killing your population or adding unhealthiness, but the destruction of your military units. I lost all but three units in Spain, guarding a total of 4 cities.

The only thing that prevented my untimely loss of the game was the fact that I controlled the AP and forced all Christians to stay peaceful with me. Otherwise, an invasion by either Portugal or France, whose armies were seemingly...existing, I suppose, would be the best word, would have ended my Spanish Empire.

I'm trying a game with Germany and am wondering, I have just defeated France and it is one of my goals to control France+Rome+Greece, I am unsure if I control France as Holland's cultural borders come into France.

when it says control (insert empire here) i think they mean the fat cross of the capital at least, but im not sure, having only beaten the Japan UHV.

still figuring it all out. But I think you need to be dominant in the area with your culture, and capture the french cities. Lots of things in the game that has to do with cities, is tile specific.

I think there are some specific cities that you need to control in those countries. I don't think culture matters. That's what I got from the civilopedia anyway.

I think there are some specific cities that you need to control in those countries. I don't think culture matters. That's what I got from the civilopedia anyway.

Your guess is about as good as mine.:lol: :lol:
Still experimenting and figuring out how everything works. And to keep my empire from collapsing after an golden age.

My favourite was when I started a game as Greece and after waiting for the mandatory 50 turns I discovered that I wasn't going to get the Historical Victory because India had built the oracle while I was waiting to emerge into existence.

Trayed to playing with smart maps as sugestion. Its work. It is possible to play with India. First you make two discoveres. Fisrt two regilions as Budhisme and Hindu. Than make one wonder in your capital. Seek to a wonder as pyramides of some times. Have more soldiers and make a discoverie to a thirdt regilion as Judisme. It works but in later time is India a reel strong natie. Only you most have enough soldiers to defend these. Forgot religion as Confusime. These are al discovered by China. Good Luck.

I did not mind so much areas breaking free of your control and becoming a country again but i very much mind the fact that my entire empire went into anarchy and I lost 99% of all my military units along with every single city but my capital. I mean damn..

I got tired of those #@$% turncoats--okay, so I didn't want Portugal to take Lisboa from me, but does every single unit I send over there have to turn green and betray me? For Christ's sake (and I mean that in-character, playing as Catholic Spain), I just formed those units in Madrid! They should have a little more loyalty than that!

I just quit playing a game as the English. I had just entered the 1820's and I had, more or less, created a replica of the British Empire. I was slightly ahead of the Germans and Americans with respect to the in game score. Then all of a sudden, a very long pause occurred in between turns and my empire was gone. All that remained under my control were the cities in the home islands.

I expected to lose my empire at some point, but not before the 20th century. Needless to say, I was shocked and stunned. Does anyone know what prompts an empire in this game to up and collapse overnight essentially?

Most of those questions have been adressed in the RFC subforum in CIVIV projects and mods.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204
RFC is a tough and challenging mod, but victory being harder, it is sweeter.
The plague is meant to kill most outdated units so that the game is faster.
Stability causes empires to collapse overnight and is somewhat tricky to understand and manage.

The Indian UHV is one of the easiest. Basically you just live on with two cities and 2 warriors, pursuing the religion techs and building the priestly wonders.
The religions you want are Hindu-Budh-Christ-Tao and islam!(with one or two prophets). In the meantime you lick Persia's ass to avoid being overrun and after the religion goals have been fulfilled (hello, victory arch!) you just spam settlers and emphasize population growth. Eventually you go to war with Persia and/or Arabia.
The UHV all require a very specific strategy that you have to follow. Luck is involved, but not that much. You have to think of the UHV as a puzzle or a brain-teaser.
For a real challenge, try Persia or America...

Good luck.

I have achieved the Egyptian Historical Victory on Monarch. The hardest part of Egypt is getting the culture. Here's how I did it.

In the capital I started a worker immediately. I researched mysticism and masonry, then started a quarry on the stone. I started building the Pyramids once masonry was done. I researched Granary and Animal Husbandry and writing next. when the borders expanded I farmed the wheat tile to get some health and quarried the marble, then pastured the horses. By this time the Pyramids completed and I whipped out a granary, libarary and a settler to found city #2 on the mediterranean, due north of the oasis square (3 squares NW of the capitol). The culture from the Palace, Pyramids, and Library is sufficient to get you to 400 culture, the first breakpoint.

You then need to get fishing & sailing and start the great lighthouse on the coastal city. You also need to get bronze working to build axes and spears to defend against the barbarians, who can be quite nasty. But your primary goal is to get polytheism and aesthetics so you can finish the Parthenon before Pericles. Why? For the Great Artist! At 4000 culture, the "culture bomb" is ftw!

Essentially you end up with the Pyramids and Parthenon in the capitol, the Great Lighthouse on the coastal city, and the Great Library as you see fit. I would use the great engineer to finish the Great Library and do it in the Coastal city if you haven't gotten your great artist yet, so you don't dilute the GPP pool in the capitol.

If you don't get the Parthenon or don't pop a great artist, I think you're out of luck. In one failed attempt I built about 10 wonders (seriously) in the capitol and still missed out on the 5000 culture by year X goal. Grr.

My only beef with the victory was that it was anticlimactic. After all that careful building, I wanted to go kick Ethiopian butt.

I'm going to win all the UHVs, it looks, as Spain...the key to victory is to not fight anyone in Europe, take over Italy from the Independents, and build up your commerce; it's not the greatest challenge I've faced. Suffer the plague, and shoot for the New World. I got the first colony, now I just have to keep others away. :)

The key to victory is to conquer England and France, easier than keeping then away. They boost your score and give nice land too

when it says control (insert empire here) i think they mean the fat cross of the capital at least, but im not sure, having only beaten the Japan UHV.

It doesnt, check out the Rhye's and Fall Wiki, it contains details for what you need to accomplish etc.

Rhyes and fall is a challenging game, it is meant to be so.

@the OP, beeline to writing-wheres the difficulty in that:confused: Babylon didnt survive that long in real life so it is obviously meant to be a challenge playing as them!

I think as your skill at the game increases so will your ability to achieve the historical points, you can also win the game in other ways it doesnt just have to be the completion of them!

Is it really that important to have the historic victories? I know that every once and a while I get one (and it does make my day) but I generally play for well... an alt-history experience.

I must agree, though, that more than a few goals are a test of luck rather than skill.

Is it really that important to have the historic victories? I know that every once and a while I get one (and it does make my day) but I generally play for well... an alt-history experience.

I must agree, though, that more than a few goals are a test of luck rather than skill.

If you get two you get a GA.

Top Bottom