34 civ on 18 civ map

lolo79

Chieftain
Once you tweak the 18 civ map to take 34 civs (improvize: I put the portuguese in Brazil, for example) there is ample space for civs to grow and interact. And no civs are overwhelmingly advantaged. For example, before the Aztecs in North America and the Chinese in East Asia got an overwhelming advantage (the Persians also got too big). Now everyone has neighbors, and has to make do with them.
Concretely, it makes for a lot more fun game than 18 civs; and if you want to play RL Russia, USA or what not, you have an opportunity to expand realistically.
Word.
I played RL Russia on the map (with 34 civs) and never felt so good.

How were you able to add civilizations to that map? I would like to be able to do the same thing. can you help me out?

Please my lord :bowdown:

I would like 34 civs on an Earth map, starting in historical locations and, unlike other mods of this type, the graphics aren't all messed up like Privateers looking like Galleys.

Here's Rhye's Earth Map with 34 Civs. They're are in Historical start locations, for the most part part. Exceptions: Celts in Ireland, Ottomans in Turkey.

If you can't get this map to work, you will need to get the 40 Civ dll (search for it).

EDIT: Well, TC has his tweaked, meaning they are spread out in different locations for more space, but in this one, they're are in they're historical start locations, meaning Europe is PACKED. In Asia, Russians, Chinese, or Mongols will get huge. In America, Aztecs will get huge, but has competition with Americans and Native Americans, so won't get as big. In Africa, Zulu owns (My favorite Civ).

IMO best to start with a European Civ, and rush everyone else very early on. lol

Attachments

• Earth34Civs.zip
    37.8 KB · Views: 658
Here's Rhye's Earth Map with 34 Civs. They're are in Historical start locations, for the most part part. Exceptions: Celts in Ireland, Ottomans in Turkey.

If you can't get this map to work, you will need to get the 40 Civ dll (search for it).

EDIT: Well, TC has his tweaked, meaning they are spread out in different locations for more space, but in this one, they're are in they're historical start locations, meaning Europe is PACKED. In Asia, Russians, Chinese, or Mongols will get huge. In America, Aztecs will get huge, but has competition with Americans and Native Americans, so won't get as big. In Africa, Zulu owns (My favorite Civ).

IMO best to start with a European Civ, and rush everyone else very early on. lol

This isn't the RFC one is it? Don't get me wrong, that one is fun, but sometimes it's nice to custom scneario and let er rip.

5 necros on this thread! 5!

Rogue: Don't post if it's a few months old just to find out something that you could find out in the PROPER forum for that stuff.

And if you want 34-civ dll or something, just take the dll out of the download and put it in a mod with an earth map.

Roger that

Tried to download ryhes map and it doesnt work for me. Im not very good at technical computer stuff and I have no idea what a 'dll' is. Can someone please tell me what this is? I have my own earth map that i have customized a little and have made it so that every one starts in powerful locations making it more balanced. I would like to not have to start over on my map because i've spent a lot of time on it making adjustments and it would be really annoying to have re-do it all. It'd be REALLY nice if i could add all 34 civs without starting over

Top Bottom