The S&T Times

Welcome to CFC! :band: :band: :band: :band:

We won't eat you, of course. :mischief:

If anyone tells you that they are less epic than I am, they are lying. Especially if the person's name is Tambien. :D

The madness begun!!

Subscription post and suggestion...

I'm a new member of civfanatics and I got hooked on the S&T section reading Tomorrow's Dawn "Celestial Bueracracy". My addiction to S&T was cemented by following that up by reading "Princes of the Universe". Great stuff.

I'm not sure where to make this suggestion but figured a lot of folks read the S&T Times (this news letter is a great idea) so I thought I'd toss this suggestion out here (please let me know if there's a better place to post this suggestion).

I see a lot of folks posting in stories asking for updates to the story line. As a new member to S&T, its a little disappointing to invest a ton of time into a story line only to find the story was never completed. Is there any way that a thread title can be modified to show that a story has been finished or completed? Maybe the story gets an "FtC" (Finished to Completion) prefix or suffix to indicate that the story has been, well, finished.

It would have the dual purpose of a) not frustrating folks who've invested a bunch of time reading into a great story only to find the story hasn't been completed AND b) it could be a badge of honor, so to speak, for those authors who complete their work (plus, I'm guessing it would drive more folks to read the story since they know its complete).

Anyway, hopefully the community here doesn't mind a suggestion from a newb's point of view. Thanks for listening! :)

I guess people could edit the opening post with a message like 'this story has been completed' - but I actually like your idea better and it might be something to suggest in Site Feedback.

For particularly good reads, look at the thread ratings :)

And welcome to CFC and S&T! :band:

Ah, the ability to change a thread title at will...if Minecraft Forums can do it, why can't we?

Oh, yes. :banana: WELCOME TO CFC :banana:

Subscription post and suggestion...

I'm a new member of civfanatics and I got hooked on the S&T section reading Tomorrow's Dawn "Celestial Bueracracy". My addiction to S&T was cemented by following that up by reading "Princes of the Universe". Great stuff.

I'm not sure where to make this suggestion but figured a lot of folks read the S&T Times (this news letter is a great idea) so I thought I'd toss this suggestion out here (please let me know if there's a better place to post this suggestion).

I see a lot of folks posting in stories asking for updates to the story line. As a new member to S&T, its a little disappointing to invest a ton of time into a story line only to find the story was never completed. Is there any way that a thread title can be modified to show that a story has been finished or completed? Maybe the story gets an "FtC" (Finished to Completion) prefix or suffix to indicate that the story has been, well, finished.

It would have the dual purpose of a) not frustrating folks who've invested a bunch of time reading into a great story only to find the story hasn't been completed AND b) it could be a badge of honor, so to speak, for those authors who complete their work (plus, I'm guessing it would drive more folks to read the story since they know its complete).

Anyway, hopefully the community here doesn't mind a suggestion from a newb's point of view. Thanks for listening! :)

Sounds like a good idea really, always good to listen to suggestions right?

Additionally, welcome to the forums!

It's a good idea that I'm afraid we can't implement.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, ken rahaim. If anyone in the S&T section tells you they're not crazy, don't listen, as I'm the only person with some sense left in my skull over here.

Welcome to the S&T Subthread of Civ4. Leave your sanity at the door. All remaining shreds of sanity will disappear upon mentioning of p------, going to the forum games thread, and/or joining an IOT.
Also, remember that "There is no adverse situation in life that cannot be resolved by deceit, treachery, bribery, good sex, nuclear weapons, ice cream, OR automatic weapons fire"

Welcome to the S&T Subthread of Civ4. Leave your sanity at the door. All remaining shreds of sanity will disappear upon mentioning of p------, going to the forum games thread, and/or joining an IOT.
Also, remember that "There is no adverse situation in life that cannot be resolved by deceit, treachery, bribery, good sex, nuclear weapons, ice cream, OR automatic weapons fire"

I swear I'm still sane. I guess there are benefits to lurking more.

Lurkers have the amazing ability to retain their sanity. which is why I am slightly sane still.
However, my CoD4 clan's forum has degraded my sanity from what it once was.

There are exeptions... all proof state that if you're from Canada and you're on CivFanatics, you're insane anyway.

Wow, must have missed all these posts somehow.... :eek:

Anyway, welcome to CFC Ken!!!! :D

Oh yeah, and my insanity is the real sanity.... :mischief:

To quote Lewis Caroll: "We're all mad here!"

This is now the worlds record for largest amount of welcome posts (which does not include the welcome thread)

:D

Go read Quintillus's Conquest of the World. It was linked to earlier in the thread.

I can guarantee you there are more welcome posts in that thread than there are in this one. :p

Go read Quintillus's Conquest of the World. It was linked to earlier in the thread.

I can guarantee you there are more welcome posts in that thread than there are in this one. :p
:yup:

Welcome to the S&T Subthread of Civ4. Leave your sanity at the door. All remaining shreds of sanity will disappear upon mentioning of p------,

*goes insane*
Welcome, although a bit late.
That's me, insane as ever.
also, note: DON'T. INSULT. COMMUNISM.

^Communism is basically the perfect system, the utopia... it's just that it's impossible to actually get a real working system based on the communism ideal (none of the cummunist regimes so far have actually made a completely communist state... there were always some guys ranking higher than the others, and it completely forgets about the individual and their free thinking).

Top Bottom