General discussion thread

well, i encounter random crashes with the mod.

you play the game, crash.

you load it, same situation, nothing happens.
it occasionally starts to crash repeatedely, but on different situations of the game.

my "normal" BTS runs great though, never crashes, etc. but it is kinda boring ;)

if that happens again under 4.14D, what i am waiting for right now ;), i will try to send you a save.

btw: i always play hotseat, 2 human playable, 3-5 KI's and "barbaric Civ's" so i end up with like 10-12 KI's. Mostly L-size maps.

edit: CTD ignoriere ich nun mal... ka was das heisst ;)

CTD = Crash to Desktop

Patch D ist übrigens schon verfügbar!!! Und schön zu hören, dass du den noch nicht hast. :whew: Und je nachdem, welche Version du hattest, hast du mit BarbCiv und L-Map gerade die optimale Killerkombi aufgetan. BarbCiv erzeugte bisweilen Einheiten auf Null-Plots, also quasi außerhalb der Karte. Das führte zu Abstürzen. Das trat aber durch die Kartengröße bedingt scheinbar erst ab Größe L auf. Auf kleineren Karten erfolgt die Erzeugung nie so nah am Rand der Karte und ist somit unkritisch. Da ich zumeist aber nur bis M teste, hatte ich das nicht selbst bemerkt. Das Problem sollte aber eigentlich inzwischen beseitigt sein. Habe da ein paar neue Schicherheitsmechanismen eingebaut. Insofern ja, stabiler. Und ich habe mehrfach mit Größe L getestet. Während es zuvor letztlich nur eine Frage der Zeit bis zum CTD war, konnte ich mit der neuen Modifikation keine mehr beobachten. :)

Das Problem, welches dein Spiel zu Absturz brachte, hat aber somit jeder Mod mit BarbCiv (außer nun CCV; hoffe ich). Die anderen wissen es nur nicht... :cooool:

€: Hab deinen Post gerade nochmals gelesen. Äh, du hast den D-Patch schon. Richtig? Und du wartest gerade gezielt auf einen Crash? Richtig? Du Biest. :lol::lol::lol: Hoffentlich kannst du warten bis du schwarz wirst... :p

This looks like an interesting mod that I'll be checking out.

Is there an actual design document though? Like where is the mod heading exactly?

My only comment is that I greatly enjoyed Phungus's LoR mod especially the Legendary units so perhaps you could include that has an option? In general, buildable unique units would be appealing to me in the categories of: generals, military units, recon, etc..

Okay, I must confess that I got a problem with my language capabilites now. I fear I don't get the sence of what you are telling me. Sorry. I'm a native German and my English is not the best.

Is there an actual design document though? Like where is the mod heading exactly?

If I get it right you are looking for a document where I explain what's the target of the mod. Where I explain my future targets and so on. Right?

In that case - sorry, but no. There are just a few words in the download section. My personal device could be: That's unrealistic. I'll try to change it.

This is the concept of CCV. Maybe that gives you an idea of my intention and the mods heading.

My only comment is that I greatly enjoyed Phungus's LoR mod especially the Legendary units so perhaps you could include that has an option? In general, buildable unique units would be appealing to me in the categories of: generals, military units, recon, etc..

There will be no heros in CCV. But maybe in a far future a third UU. The gameoption for it is already included and a list of real unique units is already in development. But I got only about eight third UUs at the moment. I'm even still looking for some 2nd UUs.

-> need ideas for Japan. Not Ninja and not Zero! And near Samurai or two others that are close together in the techtree!

But I will have a look at LoR. Maybe I will find something interessting. Don't know this mod too.

What can you expect in the near future? There will be a set of 2nd UUs soon. The fighter engagement will be replaced, so that carriers will defend themselves with fighters that are on the intercept mission. I've started the development of archaeology. But that will take some time. A new project that gives benefits from satellites will come. And of course the "Lost Battles" that allow desertation, conquering equipment,... And the new civic system. And I also had a closer look at the requested WLOB mod. ;)

But remember I'm short on time at the moment. The only thing I can really do at the moment is debugging.

And that leads me to the last point. I found a heavy bug in Advanced Cargo!!! So you will get a savegame compatible patch E for 4.14D! Details in my next post.

LoR is quite interesting. It has single wonder-type units in that they are unique to each game, and can only be built once. E.g. there is a 300 Spartans unit. In terms of "hero-ness" they are very heroic but cost much to build, plus you can lose the race to build one. But they could easily be toned down to be less super-heroic, but simply given a free promotion or something.

For Japan, LoR only had the zero and the "ronin". I think there is a lack of good ideas for Japanese units, though perhaps mounted samurai? Reading medieval Japanese battle summaries, I have trouble pointing to one unit type as 'elite'. It seems samurai were more elevated because of Hideyoshi's decree that only they could carry weapons after the warring states period was ended by consolidation.

Side request: One thing I'd like is an explorer unit that can use Influence-driven war to make claims on unclaimed tiles or challenge Barbarian cultural claims without having to damage tile improvements to do so. Basically a Pizarro-type explorer.

A similar unit to Pizarro-type explorer that GoodGame would like to see would be the diplomat unit from the WLOB mod. That unit can make claims on already claimed tiles without going to war. I am not sure whether it has the ability to make claims on unclaimed tiles, though.

Regarding the LoR heros: While I liked them when playing LoR I am not sure whether such super-heros fit the concept of CCV. But anyhow that is up to Thomas SG.

Btw, Thomas, the mod ideas you mentioned in your previous posts sound really great: Archaeology, Lost Battles, WLOB, Satellites! I hope that you will add them soon or as soon as you can. (I know you are busy, just take my comment as encouragement! :) ) If you don't make it until CivV comes out, I do hope that you will finish your awesome work anyhow! I - at least - will not switch to CivV soon. :)

I do hope that you will finish your awesome work anyhow! I - at least - will not switch to CivV soon. :)

I will stay at Civ IV. I even won't buy CiV! CCVs aim is to be more realistic. And this is for sure not the target of CiV.

I was so happy when I heared that CiV should come out. But I hate what I see. This is not what I expected. CiV has not the spirit and intention from all earlier versions. I'm a Civ I veteran. I like the hexfields but thats it. And modding CiV to a similar version of CCV is absolutly impossible. Just think about the AI. The concept of CiV is very different. For me too different. And the news about the different versions, steam and DLC make me feel [pissed]. No CiV for me. My two cents about CiV.

4.15 will come with a delay because Cybah found a CTD caused by MAD (Cold War). We are working on a solution. :nuke: Start as minors is fixed.

Okay. As it seems 4.15 is quite fine. :) But Cybah and me noticed some minor problems. And so I'm already working on a patch.

What we have got at the moment for the patch:

- BBAI update to 1.02a+
- AUA update to 1.35+
- solved python error in MAD screen
- fixed bombardable motivated defenders bonus
- solved problem in Dynamic Difficulty Level (several changes in one turn)
- new nuke damage calculation (almost done)
- new team project: satellite network (gives you some spy satellites)
- new unit from satellite network: spy satellite

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Spy_Satellit.JPG
    Spy_Satellit.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 189
Is there a way to shut automatic turn processing down? Doesn't fit my playstyle...
Do you mean you want to hit "enter" before the AI turn starts? In that case you would have to look under "Main Menu" -> "Advanced" -> "Options" -> "Game" and then check "Wait at End of Turn". Hope that is what you are looking for.

Okay. As it seems 4.15 is quite fine. :) But Cybah and me noticed some minor problems. And so I'm already working on a patch.

What we have got at the moment for the patch:

- BBAI update to 2.08a+
- AUA update to 1.35+
- solved python error in MAD screen
- fixed bombardable motivated defenders bonus
- solved problem in Dynamic Difficulty Level (several changes in one turn)
- new nuke damage calculation (almost done)
- new team project: satellite network (gives you some spy satellites)
- new unit from satellite network: spy satellite
Yeah, the satellite! How many tiles will we be able to see with one satellite? (I assume not all tiles.) If it moves only 1 tile per turn, it might take quite a while until the player can see the other side of the world. Is there a possibility to place satellites on different tiles (e.g. on other side of the world) right after their construction?

Will I be able to continue my current 4.15 save after installing the new patch? Or do I have to start a new game?

Btw, what do you think about posting a CCV-thread in the main mod forum? To advertise CCV a bit and get more attention for this great mod? (Afforress did this with his AND-mod and I think more people got aware of it.)

Top Bottom