MOO2Civ

Another suggestion about darloks - give them the technology which is unresearcheble by other races which makes "cloaked" promotion avaliable. It shouldn't be cheap so it may require navigation I and navigation II, and will give invisibility until the next attack/hostile action. And it returns the next turn.

The problem with Traits, I think, is that they're currently linked to Leaders, not races.
I don't see a problem here... If all the leaders have a trait it DOES mean the race has this trait.
The easiest way to directly hit the gameplay with a trait is to make it adding special unique promotions to every unit or special unit types built by the civilization.

Have you started implementing some traits/ideas?
I'd like to hear something about the progress. If the mod is't stale, I'd like to contribute something. I'll have some spare time till the next weekend and I could do some buttons/xml coding.

Here's an updated status report:

Current Issues

- no UUs or UBs as of yet (as a representation of racial ability or the appearance of Ship's Captains/Aminstrators; for instance, Stealth Ship/Cloaking Device might function as part of the Darlok ability and certain UUs/UBs might be used to reflect Leaders found in space)
- Traits missing or not yet implemented for some of the Leaders (could also use some additional LHs as some are just doubles with a different name); havne't looked into this in detail, but the Traits should at any arte partially reflect racial abilities
- no MOO2-style units (mod uses standard Final Frontier models all around); since I cannot do any modelling these depend on what artists deliver (dutchking is backlogged on promised models and woodelf has no time to make any models currently)
- text editing; there is quite a lot of text (XML) editing to do (for instance all advances need text implementation, as they are currently Final Frontier copies); haven't found the time yet to figure out how to do this
- also: I haven't yet figured out how to include first contact Diplo texts for all available leaders.

With the last two issues I really could use some help (as I'm more of a scenario guy)...

PS: The mod isn't stale. I started this thread, because the original mod maker appears to have gone missing. However, if I have to kickstart this mod entirely on my own it may take a long time in finishing. So I really appreciate the offer!

This is a leaderhead for Mrrshan civ I've made recently, his name is Tarr Ehr Tkharr. The traits are just from catherine and need some work (as you see by flag, I've not done it yet) and personality from Genghis Khan.

This is made from this picture of Kzins (cat-like race from Larry Niven's books)

I will tweak some small things and upload it a bit later (like flag, I've just found one).

And I can't make the mod running, it drops me to desktop with memory error after all the xml errors =(.

I will tweak some small things and upload it a bit later (like flag, I've just found one).

Cool! (Again.):thumbsup:

And I can't make the mod running, it drops me to desktop with memory error after all the xml errors =(.

I don't understand. Do you have Patch2 installed? If so, do have the Civ4 BuildingInfos fix installed from post #42? Because those should take care of all load error messages. (Basically, they weren't errors: if you click on them the mod still loads, but I fixed them, because they were really annoying.)

If more people have this problem, I'll include the Civ4BuildingInfos.xml fix in Patch3 - which then will also include the previous patches. I haven't done that yet, as I've got only one report of a Civ4BuildingInfos.xml error. (Maybe an error on my part, but after Patch2 I no longer had any loading errors.)

BTW, if you're serious about doing some XML-editing I can present specific texts that still need to be included.

Damn it... I have a lot of errors, some with tech_priesthood and tech animal_husbandry...
wtf? Also I have traits in civ4buildingsinfo still and it's the same size in post 42 as in the patch...
What's wrong with me? I make clean install...

What's wrong with me?

Well, obviously there's nothing wrong with you (as far as I can tell). Can you fix it? If so, can you post the fix please (to be included in the next patch)? If not: post a copy of the error files, so I can have a look at them.

For the units...

Are you expecting Civ4 quality that reminds you of MoO2 or do you want the simplicity of MoO2 made for Civ4? Staring at 2d images and trying to see how to make them 3d without overdoing it is giving me brainlock.

To stop your brainlock (never had that, actually) I'd say the first is the better option, if you can do that, that is. (Not that I doubt that, but considering your state of brain, so to speak). I talk too much gibberish... (Would that be a side-effect?):mischief:

If you can use existing FF animations on whatever I throw together I think I can whip up some simple stuff that will at least add variety. I don't bother with teamcolor so I hope that isn't an issue.

This is a render shot of a very, very basic one. It's modeled loosely after the one in the 4th row down, 2nd from the right on the UNITS.bmp you posted.

Attachments

• AMoO2.jpg
    AMoO2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 157
Looks very 3D to me!:D (Wish I could do something like that...)

EDIT: I just checked. Perfect for a Scout unit!

Don't you want to have moo system scale?

I have an alpha around ant there're not a lot of techs but no errors and some civs with leaders + starting tech tree...
And I made a corvette -> doomstar scale with appropriate promotions.
I'm gonna dig it up and see what is in it. A lot of time passed from the last time I looked into it.

Top Bottom