While We Wait: Writer's Block & Other Lame Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITT: Lucky pretends he's played Skyrim when he actually hasn't. :smug:

It was a bit lazy of Bethesda to make the assumption "oh, the parts of the community that care about better combat will just mod it in," but it was a correct and cost-effective assumption. Six months from now Skyrim will have the combat that the combat people want. Fie on them for not including locational damage if it was in Fallout, though.

Anyhow, I will white knight Bethesda as long as I can since they're the only people doing the open world model well (besides maybe Rockstar). And sneaky combat/archery is fairly well implemented.

But yes, it has been said multiple times on the internet that Skyrim combined with the sort of combat you saw in, say, Demon's Souls/Dark Souls would be the perfect RPG experience.

ITT: Lucky pretends he's played Skyrim when he actually hasn't. :smug:

It was a bit lazy of Bethesda to make the assumption "oh, the parts of the community that care about better combat will just mod it in," but it was a correct and cost-effective assumption. Six months from now Skyrim will have the combat that the combat people want. Fie on them for not including locational damage if it was in Fallout, though.

Anyhow, I will white knight Bethesda as long as I can since they're the only people doing the open world model well (besides maybe Rockstar). And sneaky combat/archery is fairly well implemented.

But yes, it has been said multiple times on the internet that Skyrim combined with the sort of combat you saw in, say, Demon's Souls/Dark Souls would be the perfect RPG experience.

Combat in which you are screwed over 9 times out of 10 unless you land first blow/have shield up? I played both of those games, both are fun but extremely punishing, which in turn makes it even more fun.

In all seriousness though, that would be one of the best combat systems that could be had; it would help you stop accidentally swinging a sword into an ally and accidentally killing them or making them hostile. Add locational damage like they had in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, you have one of the best combat systems in an RPG.

I bought it yesterday :(

Hello everyone, my (user)name is Amulius Julius, I'm a friend of lord_joakim's and he introduced me to your forum which seems very interesting to me. I thought of joining and possibly participating in some NES. I'd be happy to receive any suggestion on how to get started.

I'd like to play as something close to either Medieval Japan or Ancient Rome, but I'm open to fundamentally any other kind of civilization.

Thank you in advance for your help, I'm confident I'll have a great time here.

First off, welcome to the forums here Amulius Julius! I am sure that you will enjoy yourself here on the forums.

Hey Armulius Julius.

Rome is taken in my NES :)lol: and how!) but we have Japan open. To start it will be slighty more barbaric than the rest of Asia, but you can (probably) unify it!

Here's a tip; make your Moderators happy.
How? By sending good orders and writing good stories.
How? You'll find out.
:p

Hello everyone, my (user)name is Amulius Julius, I'm a friend of lord_joakim's and he introduced me to your forum which seems very interesting to me. I thought of joining and possibly participating in some NES. I'd be happy to receive any suggestion on how to get started.

I'd like to play as something close to either Medieval Japan or Ancient Rome, but I'm open to fundamentally any other kind of civilization.

Thank you in advance for your help, I'm confident I'll have a great time here.
Welcome to NESing!!

Well, there are several flavours of NES that you can try out. Some are fantasy roleplaying, others are focused on collaborative story-writing, while others- the more traditional NESes- are nation-based collaborative roleplays with statistical and story-writing elements. You'll find a wide variety. kkmo runs Sekai, a fantasy roleplay, I run a science fiction NES set on a galactic scale, and Terrance is running a more traditional NES. There are many other active NESes, and I apologise for not mentioning each one, but you could decide what you'd like to do by reading through portions of a few of them, or sending private messages to their moderators with inquiries about their NESes.

Hey Armulius Julius.

Rome is taken in my NES :)lol: and how!) but we have Japan open. To start it will be slighty more barbaric than the rest of Asia, but you can (probably) unify it!

Here's a tip; make your Moderators happy.
How? By sending good orders and writing good stories.
How? You'll find out.
:p

Don't you just love how Italy is doing in your NES Terrance? You cold probably condense the updates and stories from that one place into a book and sell it :).

Italy is a Bronze Age Balkans in TerraNES. Or is it more like Warlord era China? Your choice, really. :p

I like to think of it as a nice little corner of the world full of a cannibalistic sect of my religion and a wonderful area in which large amounts of people are marching against each other. :)

Took me a minute, but then I realized those were Death Stars.

I'd be surprised if they were powerful against nuclear space whales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom