-33% BNW on Steam Flash Sale

Yeah this is underhanded. I'm disappointed. I feel like it must be a mistake on Steam's part. Was SUPPOSED to be G&K

I don't mind, because the price I bought the game for was pretty close for what I would have paid on Steam AFTER the discount (due to Steam prices being in Euro, i.e. artificially heightened compared to US prices, and video game prices in Poland being generally fairly low).

I still that's a nasty surprise from Firaxis. Not cool. Not cool at all.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure people will remember this and be much less likely to preorder their further games/expansions.

I got my copy for basically on the same price on GMG, but if I were a European pre-orderer right now, I'd be rather perplexed.

I'm always for sales, but this is a case that's just... I think it's probably a misunderstanding between Steam and 2k, I can't believe they'd do that.

I just bought civ5 gold a few days ago, and then today i go to buy bnw and i notice civ5 has had the price slashed, and and the nz dollar has craped out. I got screwed!!! :(

I just bought civ5 gold a few days ago, and then today i go to buy bnw and i notice civ5 has had the price slashed, and and the nz dollar has craped out. I got screwed!!! :(

I'm sorry, but that's your own fault. There have been rumors for the past few weeks that the steam summer sale was coming soon. Civ V is always heavily discounted when there's a sale, so you should've waited for that. A new expansion that came out just today in most of the world to have 33% off was something no one would expect though.

I'm sorry, but that's your own fault. There have been rumors for the past few weeks that the steam summer sale was coming soon. Civ V is always heavily discounted when there's a sale, so you should've waited for that. A new expansion that came out just today in most of the world to have 33% off was something no one would expect though.

I know what you mean, and for someone with hundreds of games like me it seems obvious too. However you have to sit back for a second and realize that not everybody is a constant Steam user, or a frequent reader of gaming news. I don't know about you, but none of my co-workers talked to me about the Summer Sale, none of them actually know what Steam is, and it sure didn't make evening news.

I know what you mean, and for someone with hundreds of games like me it seems obvious too. However you have to sit back for a second and realize that not everybody is a constant Steam user, or a frequent reader of gaming news. I don't know about you, but none of my co-workers talked to me about the Summer Sale, none of them actually know what Steam is, and it sure didn't make evening news.

Nobody (the member) has 5000 posts on this forum. I would expect him to have some knowledge of steam. I've seen talk about the steam sale in multiple threads on this forum long before it had started. There were many ways he could have found out about the steam sale without even leaving this website.

But otherwise you're right. Not everyone puts as much value on keeping up with the latest news about video games as I do.

Nobody (the member) has 5000 posts on this forum. I would expect him to have some knowledge of steam. I've seen talk about the steam sale in multiple threads on this forum long before it had started. There were many ways he could have found out about the steam without even leaving this website.

But otherwise you're right. Not everyone puts as much value on keeping up with the latest news about video games as I do.

I noticed his post count too. However, if you look at the top posters on CFC with thousands and thousands of posts, you quickly come to realize that many (maybe even most) of them just hang out in Off-Topic forums and don't even seem to play Civ or much games at all anymore.

I had never understood why anyone needed to pre-order. What was the point when everything is digital now and it unlocks at the same time (NA and then world)? Plus, you guys knew how Steam works with their very frequent sales.

I had never understood why anyone needed to pre-order. What was the point when everything is digital now and it unlocks at the same time (NA and then world)? Plus, you guys knew how Steam works with their very frequent sales.

Pre-ordering is generally a terrible idea, unless it's a game you know you're gonna want to play the moment it's out anyway. If that's the case, then the pre-order price generally gives you a bit of a cheaper price, and sometimes slim benefits.

But as a general rule, don't pre-order. Wait for inevitable sales, don't encourage stupid pre-order bonuses, and help us make sure developers don't get away with good sales despite making a crappy game that is only revealed to be flawed once it's out.

I didn't buy on steam. so, I'm ok with new price of game :crazyeye:

Well now I feel silly for telling my friends it wouldn't go on sale for months at least because otherwiseiit's poor marketing. Guess they'llfeel smart for waiting . Luckily i paid the same price on gmg

Compared to the pre-order discount, we're talking about what, another three or four dollars? Well worth it to get the game three or four days earlier, wouldn't you agree?

Compared to the pre-order discount, we're talking about what, another three or four dollars? Well worth it to get the game three or four days earlier, wouldn't you agree?

People not in America didn't get the game three or four days early, though.

Top Bottom