While We Wait: Nice Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were up to three, although one of them may have recently departed.

I figure I might as well pop in here, even though I've basically been AWOL for a while. It's nice to see this because I cancelled my subscription to the other WWW thread a long time ago for reasons that have been gone over already.

We need more active games :(

I figure I might as well pop in here, even though I've basically been AWOL for a while. It's nice to see this because I cancelled my subscription to the other WWW thread a long time ago for reasons that have been gone over already.

Participate in my Pre-NES. There are a bajillion IAARs on S&T right now.

How does that work? You can't keep up with the <10 active threads in the NES forum? What purpose does subscription even serve that a quick scan of the forum can't?

If this thread has helped to bring back das and SouthernKing then I say it has been worthwhile.

New NESes are coming... I'm going to mod something of some description very soon.

How does that work? You can't keep up with the <10 active threads in the NES forum? What purpose does subscription even serve that a quick scan of the forum can't?

By that I meant I stopped reading WWW and cancelled the subscription so I wouldn't compulsively click on it. I'm not sure what you thought :p

...why would you subscribe to WWW, though? :p

I don't see a point in subscribing to any of the threads. I have the NES forum bookmarked so it is easy enough to check in every once in a while.

Perhaps you could run a campaign that's appropriate for European time zones, since Europeans can't take part in the Pathfinder campaign that NK runs!

Which is why it pisses me off so much that Mr. Stafford and his company keep holding the God-Learners' Secret above the players' heads; it's not about letting GMs decide, it's about having something that nobody else has, and it's childish.

To come back to this for a moment, apparently it was the Runequest Sight after all. Though hopefully not the version where they could literally see the quantified character sheets of the people and deities they interact with.

The Guide puts it like this:
By 776, the heirs of these wizards, popularly called God Learners, had developed unusual magical methods to look at the world. The secret is dead with its initiates, but was evidently called the RuneQuest Sight. It apparently allowed initiates to see the world as a series of patterns, relationships, and repetitive reflections which could be organized according to the now famous Runes. Their Heroquesters followed the paths of their Runes through the Otherworld, and then shaped the Otherworld by planting those Runes into other parts of it.

Bit of a letdown, but I guess they aren't holding it over anyone's head now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom