I'll be a monkey's uncle

slothman

Emperor
My sister has a bay this last morning. So no I get to be a uncle. It still feels weird because I'm just not "used" to it. My brother and myself aren't even seeing anyone so it's just odd.
I just decided to make this thread so the forum wasn't filled with death threads. Make it a little happier. So are any of you guys fathers or uncles, or of course mothers or aunts?

I am a 2 time uncle. my sister has 2 kids, one is in school already - and my sister is 6 years younger than me. :eek:

but I guess I will be father next year, my gf hears her "biological clock ticking" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SanPellegrino
my gf hears her "biological clock ticking" :rolleyes:

Nah, that is just the crocodile that is after Captain Hook ;)

I am still not an Uncle and my attractive female cousin doesn't yet appear ready to make me one either.

It's a wonder. Your relatives' line continues and your infant niece/nephew now becomes your time-mark, their rapid development a constant reminder of the more subtle passage for you.

I am an uncle to 6, a step uncle to 2, and a step great(meaning 2nd generation uncle) uncle to 2(and another one coming soon) I shall have to encourage my siblings to use birth control before they make me feel any older. *goes to wallow in self pity*

edit: oh and congratulations on becoming an uncle

I'm nothing, my brother is younger then me.

I am however godfather of one of my younger cousins, and it's extremely cool to say I'm someone's godfather.

I'm an uncle, and have to babysit the little beast from hell on occassion. :( Pray to God this never happens... or murder all your sisters. :mad:

It's been said "The child is the father of man" (this was before sexism in language became an issue). If you can tame the beast there's much to be garnered about human nature in the interaction.

Five nephews, two nieces.

Two nieces, one nephew, four sons and one daughter. I have one SIL that's married, no kids. Don't know if that will happen with them or not. I'm thinking no. My wife say's she's not the 'mother' type. Whatever that is.

A BIL that's still pretty young, don't know if he'll have kids yet.

A brother that probably will not get married nor have kids. He's got polymiosyous (don't know if that's spelled right) and marriage/kids doesn't look like it will happen with him. But I might be wrong.

And a sister that has a serious & steady b/f. Still don't know if she'll have kids yet.

The sister that produced my nieces/nephews is I think done, but I don't know.

Two nieces and a nephew who are my older sister's children. The two girls live with their grandparents and me and are right royal pains in the arse :D

My sister's due with her first in July. I'm practically bouncing up and down with excitement; I'm definitely more thrilled about the whole thing than she is. Of course I'm not the one having to deal with morning sickness, tiredness, water retention and all that good stuff. :p

I'm not married yet, so no rugrats for me. Definitely want kids, though.

Renata

Uncle here. 3 nephews and 2 nieces from my brothers and sisters. 3 more nephews and 1 more niece from cousins. And that's just from my father's side. :p

All of a sudden I feel so old. :cry: It seemed just like yesterday when we were kids ourselves. :(

Congrats slothman!
My sister told me she was pregnant last week and I'm going to be an uncle in october if everything goes fine. She had a miscarriage last year so she waited two months before telling us this time.
I'm 23 (24 in two weeks) and I'm glad to become an uncle. I see kids everyday around here because there's three school within a couple of blocks and I can't wait to take care of one without the pression of actually being a parent. I'm the youngest of three children (30, 28 and me) and I think seeing my siblings take a shot at parenthood will be a great benefit for me.

1 nephew age 9
2 Children ages 7(my son) and 8 (my daughter)
My girl lives with her mom a good distance from here(and before anyone gets crazy I actually pay my child support).

I love kids(most of the time),esp the strange questions they ask,keeps ya on your toes.

I do'nt know why it makes people feel old @ 28 I'm still as young as ever. I actually feel younger than I would if I had no kids and a nephew.

No, considering all my nieces are younder then I on my parents side, on my Dad's side, well, they are Quebecers, and I cannot keep track o that family, it is simply too Big. I probably am a few times over, and just don't know it. 10+ Children families means a lot of uncertaintinty as to whom's whom . . .

Top Bottom