Sargon's To DO List

I don't know what others think, but I'd like to strongly :)huh:) propose that the Pirates be added as a culture wonder and resource (if they haven't already - I checked my play SVN 6248 and they're not there). They are a core playable civ now (aren't they?). They have a UU (Boarding Party) currently used as (art for) their Horse Archer because it has "nowhere else to go:cry:". (They could do with a ship UU as well imo, but I digress).
I believe we should have a culture for every civilization we include in the mod AND a civilization for every culture we include in the mod. This plays into more than one inevitable modding goal.

I think the Prehistoric wonders should go obsolete at Writing or at The Wheel.

Great Bonfire needs to be moved to Fire Making (TECH_THE_FIRE). It is at Controlled Fire.

I think those PH Wonders are all from you, right?
I was wondering why some many of them has the name "Cave" in it but don't require caves in vicinity?

Is that like a "Man Cave" :p

Hydro requested this wonder and I think it would be better if we keep buildings and wonders seperated. Would you like to do it? Also, while Hydro made the stats, I think the "+25% Production for Organized Leaders" is a bit strange on wonders.

Wikipedia [Wonder]
Button/Icon: -
Req Tech: Online Community
Req Buildings: Wikia (plus 3 Wikia) [See Code Below]
Req Resources: Computers
Req City Size: 13
Cost: 24000
Req Power: Yes
Upgrades To: -
Obsolete Tech: None

• Gives a Wikia to every city.
  • 1 Free Technology
  • +25% Production for Organized Leaders

---
Here is reference code since I think you got stuck Last time.

Code:
			<PrereqBuildingClasses>
				<PrereqBuildingClass>
					<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_WIKIA</BuildingClassType>
					<iNumBuildingNeeded>3</iNumBuildingNeeded>
				</PrereqBuildingClass>
			</PrereqBuildingClasses>
			<BuildingClassNeededs>
				<BuildingClassNeeded>
					<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_WIKIA</BuildingClassType>
					<bNeededInCity>1</bNeededInCity>
				</BuildingClassNeeded>
			</BuildingClassNeededs>

Thanks! :goodjob:

Sargon:

I posted this in another thread, but the water cave wonder is overpowered.

If you have a cave, it can be built from turn 1. Because the cave dwelling tech grants caves 2 free hammers, the wonder gets built fast, and the hammers it gives you enable you to easily catch up on the builds you missed while building the caves (you now have a 5 :hammers: boost on any non cave start). And then the caves you a 3 :commerce: boost, which is basically 3 :science: which is huge at that stage of the game.

suggestion: move it to a later tech in the era where it cant jump start both your :hammers: and :science: so quickly.

I would rather tweak it then move it to another tech if it was occupied that early in history. But it's a World Wonder, they need to be powerfull. Keep in mind that if you play with limited Wonders, your capital city loses one wonder slot - permanently.

Sorgon, if you need some tasks then I'd be happy if you'd take over DH's Stories. There are other things that I like to work on first and my modding time is quite limited at the moment (and the coming months...)

Sargon if you are ready to help with some buildings here are two options for you. Trade goods extensions and or new Myth and Stories.

For Trade Good we need to know which cities have elite housing in them. Rather than doing the test on every new building we are going to add I thought we could have an auto build building that does nothing but do that test.

1) Elite Housing [auto build]
Button/Icon: -
Req Tech: None
Req Buildings: any of
Palace, Forbidden Palace, Chief's Hut,
housing - villas, palaces, manors, estates, mansions, chateaus, penthouse suites​
Req Resources: None
Req City Size: 0
Cost: -1 (autobuild)
Obsolete Tech: None​

2) Grave Goods
Button/Icon: - ???
Req Tech: Ceremonial Burial
Req Buildings: elite housing
Req Resources: None
Req City Size: 0
Cost: 44
Obsolete Tech: None
+5:culture:
+5 :culture: +1 :gold: with each of the resources "Olmec Jade Figurines", "Jade Death Masks", "Shang Jade Ritual Items"​

Animal Myths and Stories

In my folder Modules/DancingHoskuld/Subdued_Animals/zExperimental there are a number of animal folders please do the following
  • Armadillo
  • Babirusa
  • Cuscus to Fennecfox inclusive
Steps
  1. copy the files from the compressed folder in to the folde being worked on
  2. open the unit art definition to find the name of the button dds.
  3. in the building art definition file replace all #l_animal# with the name from step 2
  4. open the unit infos file and find the name of the animal
  5. in all the zTemplate files replace #ANIMAL# with the name of the animal
  6. in the subdued animal unit file add in the MYTH, STORY and STORIES buildings buildings to those that the animal can build.
  7. in the game text file
    • add some correct pedia information for the unit
    • change the HELP text to match the list of buildings the unit can build.
  8. You may need to edit the unit and subdued unit file to link the pedia text to the unit. Both use the same text.
  9. You may need to add the Help tag to the subdued unit also.

Top Bottom