C2C - Wonder Civs

Change that and I bet it shows up. Make sure you made it have a unit class in CIV4UnitClassInfos too. Note that I don't think it has a unit class declared yet.

The Camel units are suppose to be slightly weaker than their horse counterparts but get a desert advantage.

Horseman = Camel Rider
Horse Archer = Camel Archer
Knight = Camel Knight
Calvary = Camel Gunner

OK changed a FEW UnitClassses ie: Redu, Iroquois, Hittites, and Siam, now working.

Being apache doesn´t mean you get the embassy or are able to build it.
Look at the prereqs, i guess you need horse and desert in city vicinity to build your desired embassy.

Maybe worth a thought about culture and how to attach it at the original civ.

OK i got to the Apache Embassy tech, i am playing as Apache, the beginning said Human Culture, but now that i reached the Embassy, i dont see where i can change it??

You using a non-standard civ? You will have to make the civ compatible by giving them Native Culture (American) as their unique building. Otherwise it defaults them to Native Culture (Human) which cannot build stuff.

In short my culture mod is not made to be used with modular civs unless you make them compatible. Such as giving Apache the "Native Culture (American)".

But the whole point of making all these cultural buildings is so you DON'T have to have additional civs anymore.

Instead you would say play the Native American civ which can unlock Culture (Apache) instead of having an add-on civ which makes the mod so much bigger in file size. Doing it this way achieves much of the same thing at the fraction of the size.

UPDATED 2 Aug 11, 4:15 a.m.

Some of the changes include, almost ALL new terrain, water, coastal waves, etc.

Lots of tweaks to the dll, to IMPROVE turn times, and especially the way the AI NOW works, really bug change on that, need info on the way they are working now.

Brand new way of Culture for each and every civ, has there own way of working the situation were they are placed on a map, with the resources that they have in vicinity.

Added Australia to the core mod as an Oceania Culture.

HALF the size of the old mod, which also means again better turn times.

This is only 1/8 of what "we" have done from version 14 to 15

Just making a list of links for units for future culture buildings ...

African
- Aka [Bananas] =
- Benin [Ivory] =
- Berber [Sheep] = Libyan Warrior
- Fulani [Cotton] =
- Hausa = Savannah Cavalry
- Hererto [Bison] =
- Kanem-Bornu [Gems] =
- Kongolese [Rubber] = Levy Archer
- Luba [Silver] =
- Masai [Cow] =
- Merina [Spices] =
- Moroccan =
- Mutapa [Gold] =
- Nubian [Coffee] = Kuhorsehockye Archer
- Tuareg [Salt] =
- Somali [Hemp] =
- Swahili = Dhow
- Swazi [Lead] =

American
- Carib = Carib Blowgunner
- Cheyenne = Cheyenne Rider
- Comanche = Comanche Horse Archer
- Cree = Cree Tracker
- Huron = Huron Mantlet
- Inuit = Inuit Kayak
- Klamath = Klamath Rifleman
- Machupi = Mapuche Ironwood Clubman
- Navajo = Navajo Rifleman
- Nootka = Nootka Clubman
- Seminole = Seminole Sharktooth Bowman
- Toltec = Toltec Skull Knight
- Tupi = Tupi Blackwood Archer
- Venezuela = Llanero
- Zapotec = Zapotec Lightning Warrior

Asian
- Ainu [Deer] =
- Ceylonese [Dye] = Tiger Claw
- Manchurian [Coal] =
- Mugahal [Incense] = Chakram

European
- Austria = Jaeger
- Finnish =
- Huns =
- Hungarian = Hussar
- Italy = Condottieri
- Poland = Winged Cavalry
- Scottish = Highlander (The Rifleman)
- Swedish =
- Welsh =

Middle Eastern
- Armenia = Nakharar
- Minoan =
- Phoenicia =
- Turkmenistan = Turcoman Rider
- Uighurstan =

Oceanian
-

Incomplete.

You might want to look at the World of Legends modpack for some really nice unique units (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=348162). I made a list of the ones for cultures that aren't currently in the mod:

Americas:
Venezuela: Llanero. Cavalry with Guerrilla I and Woodsman I.

Europe:
Austria: Jaeger. Rifleman with +1 first strike chance and immunity to first strikes.
Hungary: Hussar. Cuirassier with Commando and March.
Italy: Condottieri. Cuirassier with +50% city attack/defense.
Poland: Winged Cavalry. Cuirassier with +50% vs. melee.

Africa:
Berber: Libyan Warrior. Javelineer with +1 Strength.
Hausa: Savannah Cavalry. Cuirassier with Blitz.
Nubia: Kuhorsehockye. Archer with +1 first strike chance and +10% city attack/defense.
Kongo: Levy Archer. Longbowman with +50% vs. melee.
Swahili: Dhow. Caravel with -20 hammer cost (total -50%) and with Flanking I.

Middle East:
Armenia: Nakharar. Horseman with 1 first strike chance and Leadership.
Minoan: Palace Guard. Warrior with +1 Strength.
Phoenicia: Colonist. Scout with +1 Strength, can attack, and starts with Sentry I.
Turkmenistan: Turcoman Rider. Knight with -1 Strength and +100% city attack.
Uighurstan: Nomad. Horse Archer with Guerrilla I and +20% withdraw chance.

Asia:
Chola: Kallarani. Maceman with +25% city attack and defense.
Vietnam: Marine Infantry. Maceman with Woodsman II and 1 first strike. Could also use the Legends of Revolution (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=319235) Viet Cong. Infantry with 2 moves, ignores terrain cost, and ignores building prerequisites. (Legends of Revolution is big on having building prerequisites for units. Infantry requires Barracks without Military Tradition and Factory before the Modern Era.)

Two others I thought up:
Texas Rangers. Culture (Texan) requires Culture (American) and Horse. Not sure on a tech requirement. Cavalry equivalent with Sentry I and Riot Control V. A mobile police force.

Nepalese Gurkha. Culture (Nepalese) requires Peak. The unit would be a Musketman or Rifleman equivalent with Guerrilla I and Fanatic.

Someone mentioned this before.
Culture (Holy Roman) requires Apostolic Palace. So it can be built in only one city.
How about making christianty prerequisite instead?

Please, don't call Polish Hussars Winged Cavalry. It sounds like the riders are sitting on pegasi. Call them Heavy (or Polish) Hussars to distinguish them from hungarian light infantry.

Please, don't call Polish Hussars Winged Cavalry. It sounds like the riders are sitting on pegasi. Call them Heavy (or Polish) Hussars to distinguish them from hungarian light infantry.

This mod doesnt even have Hussars, as far as i can tell:confused:

European
- Austria = Jaeger
- Finnish =
- Huns =
- Hungarian = Hussar
- Italy = Condottieri
- Poland = Winged Cavalry
- Scottish = Highlander (The Rifleman)
- Swedish =
- Welsh =

Now, maybe not, but it looks like it will :)

This mod doesnt even have Hussars, as far as i can tell:confused:

They are in World of Legends. They're the Hungarian Unique Unit. I was making a list of some more Uniques that could be added through the Culture system. We could also call the Polish UU the Lancer, since there aren't any current units named the Lancer. World of Legends has an Assyrian Lancer (Horseman replacement), but you already had the Assyrians using the Redu, so I left that out.

Swedish should possibly be Scandinavian Culture which can lead to 5 other cultures: Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, and Icelandic.

Scandinavian Culture could give the Viking Longboat (Trireme type, first boat to be able to traverse Ocean?). Require Prime Timber and coast.
Swedish a kind of merchant and/or merchant boat early and later on a skiing musket or rifleman, good in tundra and snowy areas and able to go on peaks. Require peak, tundra, and fish.
Norwegian would fit with Viking (improved Axeman). Require peaks, tundra, and Iron (though not necessarily in city vicinity).
Danish could give a Tingsrad building (Administrative building type, give extra stability and commerce with less maintenance cost). Require wheat.
Finnish could give a Sauna building. +health and units built in city gain combat 1. Require tundra and fresh water lake city.
Icelandic could give the Icelandic Horseman. Should have -1 terrain movement cost and no damage from tundra or snow. Require Tundra and Horse (or horse herd).

Of course here I'm suggesting things that aren't exclusively units without having a clue as to weather you're planning on having cultures able to give more than that.

Edit, forgot Icelandic at first, added later.

We could also call the Polish UU the Lancer

Lancers is also light cavalry - in Poland they were called Uhlans in fact. There is unit in Polish Civ Mod called Uhlan which replaces cavalry.

Lancers is also light cavalry - in Poland they were called Uhlans in fact. There is unit in Polish Civ Mod called Uhlan which replaces cavalry.

That's the name I may have been groping towards. I think that sounds like a really good UU name.

Would it be possible to produce the culture buildings mainly with the culture the city produces (like settlers are produced with food but maybe amplified)?

What would be really great would be a kind of separate culture tech tree that you progress with the culture produced in your cities (similar to the magic tree in the FfH2 modmod Master of Mana) but I assume that would be a lot of effort.

Top Bottom