Farm patches not showing up sometimes.

Hadaril

Chieftain
---Moved from Civ IV thread, was accidentally posted there first---

Hello everyone. Although I have had this problem ever since I started playing Civ 5, I have never sought help for it. The problem is, sometimes, when creating multiple farms, the square patches sometimes devoid of the farm overlay texture. They are completly transparent to the base terrain (Like, it just shows the grassland underneath, and not the farm texture). Anyways, if anyone knows how to fix this, I would appreciate the help.

And I am not talking about EVERY farm "Square" showing up, its only a few for each farm. So, this isn't the "invisible farm" glitch that I have been seeing many complain about. This is something different. Anyways, I will try and get a screenshot soon, to help explain. Thank you all for your support :D

My graphics settings are "High" on all options. I'm using a Geforce GT 545 graphics card.

EDIT::: Screenshot now posted:

http://imgur.com/6NfHRov

Joined this forum just for this problem. Once I hit around 700 turns on my large map, sections of the map stopped showing farms when loading a game. Understand, like the OP, it doesn't affect all farms. It's mostly those I've built later in the game. Roads, railroads, etc, still show in the squares, but farms are invisible, showing just the original tile type. When you have like 50 workers going, you're always looking for new squares to improve, but you have to mouseover each square to see if there's already a farm there or not. Very frustrating, and slows gameplay to a crawl (not performance-wise, just the time it takes to check all the squares). Before you ask, I do have a good computer, and reloading or checking cache (playing through Steam) doesn't help. Also, new farms show up, but often disappear along with the others upon loading up the newly saved game later.

You might want to look at this thread. It contains a discussion of a problem similar to yours and possible workarounds.

Thanks, Petek. That's actually the thread that drew me to register. I just responded to this thread instead as it was more recent. That other thread unfortunately doesn't offer any solutions. As you stated over there, it's not the video card, so must be a failing in the game itself. I'm at about turn 1100 on my current game, and I noticed it's now affecting some of the original farms I built, so I'm not sure where the problem could lie. FYI, I only use 1 mod, and that's one which makes settlers remain settlers when captured, so I doubt that could have anything to do with it.

It is more than likely a corrupted file and the related texture file may need to be manually deleted. I have no clue which file that would be, but perhaps in the scenario section they talk about what files effect the display of farms.

You could always attempt to verify the game files in steam under the game properties. If it downloads a file, then keep verifying until it says "All files verified successfully". If that does not solve it, then you will have to delete the file manually and then either open the game or do the verify again.

It is more than likely a corrupted file and the related texture file may need to be manually deleted. I have no clue which file that would be, but perhaps in the scenario section they talk about what files effect the display of farms.

You could always attempt to verify the game files in steam under the game properties. If it downloads a file, then keep verifying until it says "All files verified successfully". If that does not solve it, then you will have to delete the file manually and then either open the game or do the verify again.

Verified cache, as have others with the same issue. The farm icon is there, just not everywhere, and it doesn't begin to happen until later in the game, like around 700 turns.

Has any one actually manually deleted the file, or just used the verify under steam? A file may not verify as corrupted because all the basics are there. But there may be one changed attribute that causes it to continually be off and even more so the more it is used. I have noticed it, but it does not effect game play, it just does not look as aesthetically as one desires. The affected file may not even be a game file, but another user changeable file that controls the games graphics and textures.

Top Bottom