The Great Hall

Turn 99, 400BC

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    449.3 KB · Views: 110
Turn 100 375bc

barb city has 3 archers and we have bad odds, Amazon army not in sight.

CDZ have also declared war on us, so I declared Sirious as well so that we are not pretending...we are now officially in a 4vs1 war.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Turn 107, 200bc
Spoiler :

We revolted to Bureau, and shots show only their city (1) and two more tiles East: (2) their stack and (3) our enticing stack, and then we have other various units scattered E.

Turn 108, 175bc

Merlot
Spoiler :

All amazon troops in their city. Our army is heading the opposite way generally; we have two settlers on this part of the mainland heading towards the marked spots - I'm most of the way decided on putting them there, feel free to comment. I also want to take the barb city. Two more workers (making four total) are also arriving from the horse peninsula soon.

Mavericks
Spoiler :

We declare war, for a paltry dead warrior.

Turn 109, 150bc

Mav
Spoiler :

So Amazon had a combat I immortal where our chariot is. Our chariot could promote to 3.7 (93/100hp) and we had a 4.07 v 4.4 battle (it was ~33%). Those things get defensive bonus so i sure didn't want to to get to our jungle, it would have forced out a spear (maybe even pre-granary) which we desperately need to be something else. Our chariot was good as dead up in the Q/CDZ penisula so I declared war and threw it at amazon. I doubt it gets any farther, wouldn't suuprise me at all if another immortal kills it before next turn

I thought I got the Merlot shots but i guess not. The amazon army was missing from the city (only two xbows there) and the trireme (got to get that out of there soon with the many turns they've had optics now) checked the desert tile W of the city (not there) so they have to be in the jungle NE of their city or on galleys up their cove. Likely jungle which will be confirmed next turn.

Merlot finished Construction (likely HBR next) and somebody got Philo & taoism on the other side.

Turn 110, 125bc

Merlot
Spoiler :

Really bad news. This is the turn that they got Astro. Everybody made sure they got by this turn, unlike last turn for Philo where it wasn't as urgent. Ouch. And still nothing back yet from CDZ.

Mav
Spoiler :

We have 5 workers, 3 of which are on the mainland (2 doubled on the elephants). Walls etc would be nice but we're so thin everythings an opportunity cost. Poison still just has a spear + warrior and I've been dumping Mav money into Merlot research. Bubble gum just a tad better, xbow + axe still. xbows are arriving, but maybe that warrior need to become a mace.

Turn 112, 75bc

Merlot
Spoiler :

Troops shown are in Sangre.

Mav
Spoiler :

They get our seafood and a new Dutch caravel appears.

Turn 113, 50bc

Merlot
Spoiler :

For the bottom one, they're on the tile marked "12" and they also have the 3 caravels coming in to complicate our mainland-island galley suplly chain we had going. I could have sent the xbow and holkan in the capital on the last galley ride to the mainland but I chose to keep them put. Looks like the island and colony are separated from here on out.

On the front, I chose to put the 2xbow1holkan stack in the forest to make them earn the tile. We do have a decent number of troops in the area but it's looking like it'll be a hot fight.

Mav
Spoiler :

Turn 114, 25bc

Merlot
Spoiler :

They move to where it was shown in west tower and we move NE along with them. Another caravel shows up along our east coast

Mav
Spoiler :

And we also got the Dutch graphs now:

I meant to get power but I guess not. I'll get it next turn i play; it wasn't too surprising.

Turn 115, 1 AD

Merlot
Spoiler :

So I move the unpromoted xbow out of the city leaving just the combat I CG I xbow alone defending the city. Everything else is 1S of Sangre, and the un-labels xbow following our main stack is 3 units, 1 xbow 1 holkan 1 cat.

And it should be noted that AMAZON is running significant espionage against us, i suspect the main reason for this is to gain visibility of our cities, very useful for galleon based attacks. But as things stand now, they have like 400 EP to our 150 EP and we've been going all non-slider espionage at only amazon for a good while now (we spilt it with them and CDZ in the very beginning) so for them to get so much on us they've been dipping into the slider. We cannot even see their demographics they have so much.

And you can see I made a mistake with the trireme. Soon as i clicked it I knew i should have checked it against the caravels and lo and behold it ended a tile in range

Mav

Spoiler :

Mav is starting to fill our unit-wise (could use more workers though for sure). Not much detail here but there is a catapult with xbow by Spot B. Still need a good handful-dozen turns to reach the amazon city and do something. And you can see the barb sword at our SW

Turn 116, 25 AD

Merlot
Spoiler :

I went in the city. I also put the 3 trailing units were the stack was; they can be attacked by the immortals and it was meant as a little bit of a tease but I seriously doubt they'd go there based on their past moves. The two workers (that last turn were pre-chopping in defense of Turnpike, my how things can change) i put in the city as sort of a "we can road to you so fight us or get out" gesture, I think their only choices are to fight or go NW/N/NE and I expect them to go one of those.

We have 4 workers in the area, the other two worker were place on the hills intending to road the turn before snaaty mentioned. At the time that road was more thinking along the lines of bailing straight for their canal city, but I went ahead with it anyway. Even though we're a little short on roads we do have 4 workers there - roads can come in an instant and they will. If they go N then those workers will probably build the road 1S sangre (though I'm tempted to move everything to where amazon is now, cow after all, workers included, if they go N.

Again the main (one of the main, anyway, the other being that xbows don't do too well against rifles) problem here strategically is that they have so much espionage they have visibility on all of us. Everything has to be done with that in mind. Which I think sets in concrete the fact that Mav has to attack amazon.

Mav
Spoiler :

Much less pressure here navally (doubt that's a word) so the island-mainland ferry is up and running, (for now) loaded mace & xbow this turn. The dutch caravel is wrapping around our island coast which reminds me I gotta get that dutch power graph.

Other than that same old, same old, and I gotta start whipping some more UU (though the second of three is ready to get on the next galley next turn - there 2 galley where it is shown, both 2 turns from hiding in Copper City).

Turn 117, 50AD

Merlot
Spoiler :

So that pretty much sums it up, the battle couldn't have gone any better. Only two losses for 12 wins and their entire stack dead. Both maces, all immortals and i think only 1 cat were unpromoted, so pretty sorry work by AMAZON on that one. Battle went:

our unit v their units, numbers, our odds, our result

C1 xbow v xbow, 6.6 v 6.0, 68.1%, win
C1 xbow v immortal, 6.6 v 6.0, 73.8% (first strike), win
C1 xbow v immortal, 6.6 v 6.0, 73.8%, win
C1 xbow v immortal, 6.6 v 6.0, 73.8%, win
xbow v immortal, 6.0 v 6.0, 52.3%, win
xbow v mace, 6.0 v 5.33, 75.1%, win
xbow v mace, 6.0 v 5.33, 75.1%, lose
C1 mace v cat, 8.8 v 5.0, 96?%, win
xbow v cat, 6.0 v 5.0, 78.3%, win
xbow v cat, 6.0 v 5.0, 78.3%, win
axe v cat, 5.0 v 5.0, 50%, win
axe v cat, 5.0 v 5.0, 50%, lose
archer v wounded cat, 3.0 v 2.0, 93.6%, win
holkan v wounded mace, 4.0 v 1.92, 95.9%, win

The last two battle I used weaker units than what I could have to try and get more experience (although the last holkan battle only yeilded 1xp, i'm used to 99.1% being the cutoff, albeit he did end up next to a barb warrior so maybe he will get that 2nd xp.

Extra units went back towards circus and such and I can't say that I saw any galleons hovering around to pick those units up.

CDZ power:

Mav
Spoiler :

So here's the dutch power graph finally. Looks like they have a little bit of build-up recently so something may be coming. Probably be a while until anything gets shipped to the mainland, below shows the latest shipment. What isn't shown is I went 100% science to finish compass (this and next turn and it's in) and then Merlot will go for optics.

Top Bottom