The Gatehouse: Welcome New Members!

General_W

Councilor & Merlot Noble
The Gatehouse

Welcome new nobles of Merlot!
You’ve made the right decision by throwing your allegiance to our glorious King.
Here at the Gatehouse, we’re here to help you get oriented to our team as quickly as possible.

Who’s the King around here?
Currently, Lord Indiansmoke the First, is our King. You can read about his coronation by clicking here.​

Where do I go to vote on the King?
Ha! I’ll pretend you didn’t just ask that. Chatter about “voting” doesn’t really go over well around here. You’ll do yourself a favor if you keep any embarrassing democratic notions to yourself.
Of course, the King can’t rule forever without the support of the nobles of Merlot. Periodically our team administrator (Ash88) will privately contact all the nobles of the realm to see who they support for King. If enough nobles throw their support to a new leader – then the kingdom will change hands. Feel free to lobby your fellow nobles if you want this position… but you might want to be discreet about it. Our current King may not look to kindly on your sedition. Remember, treason never succeeds… for if it does, none dare call it treason!​

So how is this team run? Where are the polls on what to do next?
Silence, you fool! What did I just tell you about this voting nonsense!? The King rules supreme around here, you best start getting used to that.
Fortunately, our glorious King is not only ruggedly handsome, stunningly wise, and hilariously witty – he’s also surprisingly open to feedback from his loyal subjects.
There are many places around the royal castle here where you can visit to voice your opinion on things and generally help the King with running the Empire of Merlot.​

The Castle is so big! I’m lost! How do I get around?
Finally a good question!
Here’s a handy map and guide to getting around and contributing to our team:

Administration:

The Great Hall: Played Turns
This thread is where our King, may he live forever, (or his appointed agent) posts information about each turn that he plays, informing his loyal nobles of what he’s doing and how he’s managing the Empire. No one but the king is allowed to post here.
Click here to visit The Great Hall

The Royal Court
This thread is specifically for the King to communicate with the Nobles – and for nobles to speak with the King. If you have any matters that don’t directly relate to playing the save, but are rather about how the Kingdom is being run - this is the place to visit.
Click here to visit the Royal Court

The King’s Chamber
This thread is used by the domestic advisor. This will be the only private room of the King and one that only the Imperial domestic advisor will be allowed to enter. The role of the Imperial domestic advisor will be to inform the King of the will of the people of Merlot.
Even I don’t know how to get into this room.

Planning & Analysis:

The All Seeing Tower
This thread is the home of the Imperial spy. We use this thread to post demographic screens and in game intelligence from every turn.
Click here to visit The All Seeing Tower

The West Tower
This thread will be for all nobles to post ideas for the development of the empire. All topics related to playing the game are up for grabs here. This is where we can use our collective wisdom to help the King, may he live forever, consider and choose the best strategies. This thread is also the home of the Imperial strategist and the Imperial mathematician.
Click here to visit The West Tower

The Global Foyer
This thread is the home of the Imperial Diplomat and is the hub for all diplomatic endeavors.
Click here to visit The Global Foyer

Other:

The Treasure Room: Saved for later use!
This thread will be our spot to store important items, documents, maps, etc – that we want to make sure we can easily find later. Did someone create an awesome dot-map for city locations? No need to hunt through the domestic thread trying to find it – we’ll store it safe and sound for easy viewing in the treasure room. We sign an important treaty with another team, and need to go back and see exactly what the conditions are for declaring war? No need to rely on your shoddy memory and risk an international incident! A quick trip the Treasure room will show you the full text of every treaty we’ve signed. Etc.
- This room is still under construction. -

The Merlot Lounge
This should be your very next stop after you get though the gate! Swing by and introduce yourself to the team so we can all get to know you. Also feel free to chat about anything in the lounge - even if it's not related to our Empire at all!
Click here to visit the Merlot Lounge

Oh, one more thing! How do I log onto the server to look at our save?
Just follow these instructions:
Spoiler :

All the nobles of Merlot can log in the game and have a look at our glorious Kingdom…. But remember, only the King or his appointed representative can actually play the save.

To log in you must go to Mulltiplayer -> Direct IP Connection
and in Network Address use: daveshack.dyndns.org:2056
then pick Pascal our leader and use the team password. [Post a request here, and someone will send it to you via Private Message]

When you are finished and want to exit the game always remember to Exit to Main Menu.
NEVER EXIT TO DESKTOP, IT MAY CRASH THE SERVER!

Before logging in game make sure you have any auto function turned off!
This is VERY important.
[By auto functions we mean automated workers, automated promotions, city governors etc.]

Yes, I’m yelling at you. Sorry about that.

But you don’t want to bring disgrace on the whole Empire of Merlot by being the one who crashed the server do you?
You also don’t want to accidently move some of our units around against the wishes of his majesty the King! That, my friend, is the quickest way to get a one-way ticket straight to the dungeon! :nono:

Here's a couple views of our royal castle from the outside:

… again, welcome to Merlot, and Long live the King! :king:

Indeed. Welcome to all who have rightfully embraced their noble heritage.

As always Lord General_W is gracious and wise in providing the young nobility with such a pragmatic welcome. Yours truly, a humble servant of our ordained King, woud applaud him for both his eloquence and thoroughness.

Top Bottom