Civ 5 no longer working for NO REASON

kjades

Chieftain
Hi guyz,

something rather confusing is happening. I have been able to play Civ 5 smoothly until two days ago.
Since yesterday, the game crashes when starting up. At most, it made it to the main menu page, I clicked, and it crashed again.
No error message, no error code.
It just says "Civilization 5 has stopped working".

I have already tried (in sequence):

- checking the cache integrity
- updating Windows and NVidia drivers
- deleting the local content and reinstalling the whole game (downloading it via steam)
- manually running all the secondary installers (vcredist_x86.exe, DXSetup.exe, D3D11Install.exe) and rebooting

Nothing worked, same problem.

It is just a nonsense.

I attach my Dxdiag file.
Please help :confused:

ps: I have noticed my IDT audio drivers are a bit out of date...do you have a good link to find the latest version? Thank you.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    45.6 KB · Views: 162
Do you use steam cloud to save games? There was some issues with them a while ago.

If not, there could be an issue with your INI files found in the windows: libraries / documents / my games folder. They may have to be manually deleted.

I have the exact same problem, no idea why this is happening here either. I have tried all I know to fix this so far with no luck. I wonder if some sort of upgrade happened recently?

Hey mate, I have tried random things and one of them magicly worked...try deleting the Civ V folder from my documents and restart the game...the issue was solved for me and the game restarted working perfectly fine...computer's logic! :woohoo:

Anyway, thx as usual to all those who helped or died trying :D (thx especially to timtofly, I had not even seen your hint ;) )

Top Bottom