Announcing BUFFY

ruff_hi,
it is on a renaissance start with all but conquest turned off. Here is the save file and 2 screens. one with njagc on and one off. you can see the turn count change from 0 to 277. hopefully this is enough to go on. not the end of the world in any case.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=223277&d=1249270490

Weird. With Time victory disabled, it should not show you the total turns or percentage completed. Perhaps there's a bug where it's zeroing out the wrong value (turn #).

ruff_hi,
it is on a renaissance start with all but conquest turned off. Here is the save file and 2 screens. one with njagc on and one off. you can see the turn count change from 0 to 277. hopefully this is enough to go on. not the end of the world in any case.
Thanks for this. Turning 'time' victory off means that you will not get percentage complete or the max turns in the game. However, it seems that the standard game and NJAGC are counting up differently. One is counting from turn 0 (ie the start of the game) while the other is counting as if you played from 4000BC. I guess we should change NJAGC so that it lines up with vanilla BtS.

Sorry to be the bearer of more problems... Especially when this is such a nice mod!

I patched BTS to 3.19, then installed Buffy 3.19, running Vista 32, no permissions problem, everything else seems to and has been working.
I start BTS, Load Buffy, and then go to custom game.

I tried to create a test game for SGOTM10 but couldn't find the era button on the setup screen. I thought I must be stupid (perhaps some others have too!) I posted the original post with this problem here (includes screen shots)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8336275&postcount=24

By checking my laptop (still 3.17) and then my desktop I was able to find that the button disappears after loading the Buffy mod. Before that, I can setup any ERA game start even on BTS 3.19, just not after loading Buffy.

Just downloaded and installed this today on my computers.....in an effort to see if it had multiplayer...was pleasantly surprised to see so.

Unfortunately, we are having constant problems, with a "out of sync" problem. Haven't read through all the forum pages, but is this a known issue? What's the deal? Can it be prevented?

I'm hosting, and the other player has to log out of the game and back in each time. It seems to be each and every time he attacks anything. Only barbarians so far. But, each and every time he tried to attack one, the out of sync appeared.

Except the first time, which was when we created the game. First turn, it was out of sync.

I have the same issue with stack attack, but also have very jerky scrolling, turned down the graphics setting which eased it for a bit. Crashed soon after though.

Same here, stack attack crashes the game almost always on Vista32.
I don't have this problem with any other mod but BUFFY :/

For anyone getting the stack attack crashes, have any of you tried using BUG and BULL on their own? I'm trying to isolate this issue and not having any luck.

Yes i use following mod combinations and with all of them i never crashed with stack attack:

- BUG 3.6, played multiple times
- BUG 3.6 + betterAI 0.78, played multiple times
- betterAI 0.78, played multiple times
- UP 1.0 (now 1.1), played multiple times but not with 1.1 since it's new release
- BAT 2.0, also no stack attack crash, but only played once so far

Well, and BUFFY of course with the stack attack crash issue.

EDIT:
gonna deinstall and delete all related civ files (+ customAssets) to test it again
then restarting, installing civ + newest patch, then beyond + newest patch and then BUFFY to see if i still have the same problem.

To install the mods i want afterwards is no big deal anyway, but i really want to know if it's just my civ mess or buffy :O

Ok everything is fresh and clean installed but it still crashes.

It seems to happen only if you attack a city with a stack of 3+ or more units and ONLY if you are about to conquer the city. If you attack with a stack of 3+ and if you are not gonna conquer the city it doesn't crash. If you attack a unit outside of a city with a stack of whatever size, it doesn't crash.

No idea if that helps, but here is my simple save of the testgame, you can test it with the units in north front of the enemy's city, just attack with all 6 and then with the last 3 units in the next turn and it crashes. If you attack/conquer the city with a stack of just 2 units then it won't crash.

EDIT:
now it also crashed with just a stack of 2 while conquering also the city, seems to be somewhat random the crash, weird stuff...

Attachments

• himmelweiss v. Chr.-1250.CivBeyondSwordSave
    95.1 KB · Views: 59
@Himmelweiss - Very good testing work there, thanks! :goodjob: So it seems to have trouble if there are more units trying to attack a city after the city has changed hands. Perhaps the trouble is when trying to display the popup asking if you want to keep the city or not. One way to test would be to play a game using No City Razing or One City Challenge, both I believe won't ask you what to do about the conquered city. If you could test one of those, that would be truly awesome.

That it doesn't crash with BAT 2.0 which has BULL which is very nearly the identical DLL that BUFFY has is very strange.

@Himmelweiss - Very good testing work there, thanks! :goodjob: So it seems to have trouble if there are more units trying to attack a city after the city has changed hands. Perhaps the trouble is when trying to display the popup asking if you want to keep the city or not. One way to test would be to play a game using No City Razing or One City Challenge, both I believe won't ask you what to do about the conquered city. If you could test one of those, that would be truly awesome.

That it doesn't crash with BAT 2.0 which has BULL which is very nearly the identical DLL that BUFFY has is very strange.

np ;)

well i haven't tested BAT 2.0 like this, so who knows, maybe it's the same thing there.

Ok, now i have a save game where stack crash occurs without sieging a city, so the reason for the stack attack crash must be something else since it occurs very randomly.

Attack the 2 catas near Korinth with a stack of units = crash

And btw. don't ask about the overall savegame, i was just messing arround :p

Attachments

• himmelweiss n. Chr.-1565.CivBeyondSwordSave
    80.9 KB · Views: 66
Top Bottom