Ronning resources

Thank you - for triggering the solution to a different problem. I've been trying to think of a way to have Victory Points but with different graphics. Culturally important locations that can be taken without necessarily triggering a war. You've given me the idea of having the VP graphic invisible, but put a unique resource at each location!

Thanks! That problem has been bugging me for a long time.

What Blue said PLUS I've been tinkering, for some time, with different ways to best simulate the unique circumstances of Venice (from swampland to thriving Commercial Republic City State) and where, e.g., only The Arsenal can be built.

- And, of course, fine work as always :thumbsup:

-Oz

... different ways to best simulate the unique circumstances of Venice (from swampland to thriving Commercial Republic City State) and where, e.g., only The Arsenal can be built.
So we can preserve a lot of general freedom about where to settle but also place unique resources that restrict metropolitan-sized cities to specific locations. And restrict wonders with a resource rather than a tech ... :think: If an improvement (and its benefits) are tied to specific locations, starts to sound like an eco-region based cultural approach. :mischief:

So we can preserve a lot of general freedom about where to settle but also place unique resources that restrict metropolitan-sized cities to specific locations. And restrict wonders with a resource rather than a tech ... :think: If an improvement (and its benefits) are tied to specific locations, starts to sound like an eco-region based cultural approach. :mischief:

... :D ...

Making the resource provide lots of gold would only sweeten the deal - even if the city is built directly on top of it, it would still reap the bonuses!

I do a lot that ( region based ) I just like wonders and things to be generally in the right region. I know... I gotta get over the Pyramids in London... I'm working on it...

Attachments

• Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 180
Top Bottom