Turn won't finish processing due to wheeled maybe

ZergMazter

Prince
Hello guys. I'm back after a break. Working too much.

This issue happened to me once, and I found you what it was, but its happening again.

The problem:

Press enter, wait for your turn, but it never finishes processing. Basically the game stops right at that point not with a crash, but stuck in 'please wait' for your turn to start, but it never does.

I found it was a unit issue some time ago. There was a stack of units attempting to travel to a square which had 'impassable by wheeled'. The stack had wheeled and non wheeled units, and this caused the game to get stuck in a loop which never ended.

I made sure only workers werent wheeled in my game, so that they could travel to mountains and build roads. My mountains cancel movement to wheeled if no roads.

Could it be possible this is the reason why the developers decided the only wheeled unit in the game (artillery) was forced to stay inside a city? They knew in a stack it would freeze the game if they got into a terrain which canceled wheeled units, and they were too lazy to fix the root of the problem lol. Notice how tanks, or mech dont have the wheeled active, yet clearly they are wheeled units.

They decided to leave or poor artillery stuck :(

Anyway I'm having the same problem but my only wheeled unit is the worker. Could it be possible the AI is putting workers in a stack and attempting to move to a wheeled mov canceling terrain? Is the AI seriously this handicapped, or are there any other ways for the game to freeze in such a way before I get to the wrong conclusion?

Late in the game with large games where you have automated workers, I have learned to always have one unit (usually at the capital) that never finishes it's turn I always hit wait on that unit and I make it a unit that is unique, like a balloon or something, so I know to press wait. Always make sure you have an active unit waiting for its instructions before you press end turn.

Late in the game automated workers can get lost and the game never comes back unless you have an active unit waiting in the wings.

Many years of playing large games, this has always been a savior.

Really lol? That is weird but i'll give it a shot. It's a shame it was a very rewarding game. It was about to be my golden age of power too :/

Also is it possible to corrupt your game using enhanced editors, even if ever rule is defaulted? If that's possible I might redo my whole mod from scratch.

Top Bottom