An old treasure has been unearthed

Gojira54

The folly of Man
So at some point in late 2011, I started working on a map of the Continental USA, and I got pretty far with it:

Right about then is when I upgraded my computer, and all my old files have been sitting on an external HD since. For Civ3 stuff, I had only transferred over the Modzilla/DR/OC mods I was (and still am) working on to the main internal drives, and none of my other work (though they've always been available). I just happened to be poking around in there the other day when I found this little gem.

At this point, I need to to do the following to finish it:
- Finish placing Coast and Sea tiles
- Place Volcanoes
- Finish placing Rivers
- Place Tundra
- Replace Forest with Pine Forest when it makes sense to do so
- A few other miscellaneous tweaks

All in all, probably 20 hours of work left.

Map is 218x148, which makes it roughly equivalent to a 180x180 map in terms of number of tiles.

Anyways, no promises on an ETA, but it would be nice to finish this up and get something completed. This might work well with that unfinished New Civil War scenariolet I threw together many years ago...

Hmmm, digging up old treasures is a lot of fun, and that is a real GEM of one.

Please, Please, Please finish it, maybe by the end of May or so. I am sort of busy until then.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::please::please::please:

It certainly looks like a good map from the minimap. Looking forward to seeing the finished version!

Seeing that I haven't updated this file since August 2014, and it is almost done, I thought I would post it here for anyone interested. Use it however you wish, I only ask that if you publish anything with it, give me base credit.

Will I ever finish it? Yes, just not sure when. Will post it in the Maps section once complete.

Items left to complete are in post 1. I am willing to take suggestions on it here, too.

Attachments

• Continental USA.rar
    52 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom