Animal Wars: Pet and Pest

Is a mod with a Cat civ a good idea?

• Good idea!

Votes: 78 60.0%
  • Bad idea!

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • This is really stupid!!!

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • I will probably use it when it is finished.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • I don't think I will ever use this.

Votes: 23 17.7%

• Total voters
This looks like a fun mod. :)
Is the unit list in post 1 the most "recent" one ?

You mean abandoned? Never! Honestly I haven't been doing much work on it recently, and also honestly, it probably won't be done for a while. However I don't plan on abandoning it anytime this lifetime. I'll finish it - sometime. Posts showing there is still interest in it, like yours, do encourage me to work on it more though. ;)

Thank you for reminding me! :)

P.S. For a mod as old as this to still not be finished, you can count it as a good sign that at least I'm still around unlike hundreds of other dying mods who's creators vanish. Thank you moderators and thank you Thunderfall for not deleting my thread.

I hate to bump this thread, but seeing as how you're sure you want to get this done, I'd be willing to help you out. I know for a fact that there are several lion/tiger/cat units on this forum now, in addition to mosquitoes and hordes of Skaven/rat units!

Once again, sorry for the bump.

Reading this post reminded me of this story that I read a long time ago when it first came out. A. Bertram Chandler also used a very similar concept in one of his John Grimes books. The Chandler books are very good reads, by the way, and written by an Australian merchant marine captain. In one book, he had a quasi-human group derived from cats, and in another, Contraband from Otherspace, he had an alternative universe populated by intelligent giant mutant rats. The science-fiction roleplaying game, Traveller, also had the Vargr, an intelligent race created from canines by the Ancients. Your idea is not that far-fetched.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ballad_of_Lost_C'Mell

Since I have 5 cats, all with very distinct personalities, I would happy play something like this for a fun and relaxing time. The idea of the Roc for birds, maybe as the playable Bird Lord, would be a very cool idea.

I hate to bump this thread, but seeing as how you're sure you want to get this done, I'd be willing to help you out. I know for a fact that there are several lion/tiger/cat units on this forum now, in addition to mosquitoes and hordes of Skaven/rat units!

Once again, sorry for the bump.

... and don`t forget about the Pandas !

Hi everyone, I still live! I don't know what to say other than that. I guess I do...

I'm very busy IRL and honestly I haven't played civ3 in a LONG time. I had a halo mod I was working on in a similar state as this project, well actually worse because that mod was secret and no one other than family knew about it lol... but this project predates that. What I'm getting at is even though I don't play civ3 anymore, civ3 and this mod project of mine had such sentimental value and good memories, I know I will finish this if it's the last thing I do. It may not be perfect, but I must at least publish something playable.

It's true I have forgotten most of what I knew about civ modding, and what work I had done on it is on a hard drive in a broken computer in a garage gathering dust... but that will NOT stop me! I will install civ3 and all the necessary modding and editing programs on my new computer and.... I don't know, I'm just determined not to let this go. I'll put post-its telling me to work on this by my computer, my bed, on my forehead, over my eyes.... something. ;)

Any of you reading this are at this forum because you are civ fans, you know what this feeling is. The unforgettable experience of civ and the power you feel from modding. I thank TF again and everyone who runs this site for not deleting my thread, and I am so happy I get email alerts when someone posts in this thread, for it is the only strand of fiber left of the rope ladder leading to this wondrous cave of memories that is CivFanatics.

It gives me such happiness that after years go by people find my thread and tell me they like my idea and want to play it. Hopefully I can do something to ensure I make progress relearning how to mod in civ3 and posting my progress.

Thanks everyone,
Subbss

Any of you reading this are at this forum because you are civ fans, you know what this feeling is. The unforgettable experience of civ and the power you feel from modding.

I know exactly what you mean! Keep on modding even if it takes you the rest of your life. I can't see that I'll ever completely give up Civ 3. Your right that the memories hold us too it, even if we don't play of mod much we still feel the pull. I've not played for several years at a time but always come back to it.

Top Bottom