Unit Request Thread 3

British WW2 25 Pdr Field

I realise that with the Undercarriage turntable this must be a very difficult unit to create but it is such an important piece of equipment that it would be great if somebody could "make" one .

As always my thanks to the talented people who create units for us others to enjoy

British WW2 25 Pdr Field

I realise that with the Undercarriage turntable this must be a very difficult unit to create but it is such an important piece of equipment that it would be great if somebody could "make" one .

As always my thanks to the talented people who create units for us others to enjoy
That would be a good, and useful, unit. We need more WWI/WWII artillery units.

Would anyone be interested in creating an emplaced cannon unit? I'm toying with a unit in my mod that is an "emplaced bombard", meaning that the cannon is mounted into the fortification of a city and therefore completely immobile. Right now I have the regular cannon graphic and anims assigned to the unit, but it looks like it's just a normal cannon that is attacking/defending. It would be fantastic to have walls somehow featured in the anims to indicate that the cannon is actually mounted in the fortifications and not "wheeled" and mobile.

Here's a references of what I mean:

Perhaps like this, except from the opposite direction (As if you're being fired upon):

Or this, again from the opposite perspecive:

Last one, ^_^:

Thanks!

da3dalus I can't help pointing out that in at least the first two of your screen shots the cannons have wheels and could be moved. Though in the first pic the wheels are too small for long distence movement I guess.

Were cannons ever actually permanently built into fortifications? I mean did they just take the wheels off sometimes or were there ocassions when a cannon was permanent and never meant to be moved?

All other considerations aside, it would look really cool a cannon firing from within a wall.

Interesting suggestion!

I suspect keeping the wheel is important when recoilless gun were not yet invented. It helps to absorb the recoil and put the gun back in place.

Or if a gun is destroyed / damage, to reorganize them.

However, it doesn't mean they were meant as "mobile" gun, but rather as "movable" gun.

Thanks for the comments guys.

All artillery historically has had wheels out of necessity as Steph pointed out, except for the earliest bombards like the Turks used at Constantinople in the 15th century; they simply laid the barrel on some supports and didn't really move it much after the aim had been set. Later artillery always had wheels though, even if it was "emplaced" in fortifications.

I don't think the wheels would factor into this very much though. What I'm envisioning (if possible) is a wall with a barrel sticking through a gap that fires. I suppose it would really only need attack, defend, fidget and fortify anims, no run anim necessary because they'll be immobile.

Moderator Action: I've moved the discussion part to a new thread

Can somebody make a 105mm Flak gun? I'm in no hurry, but it would be really good.

Attachments

• 105mm Flak.jpg
    105mm Flak.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 332
single weapon units. I have these in mind for my fantasy scenario. They would be a single weapon, say a sword, with a simple attack and default flic that could carried (transported) by a unit and they would have a bombard attack so they could be used to give a hero unit a special strong attack because of his special weapon. Though it's unlikely anyone will make these as they wouldn't be of much use to most people, the weapons I would like are as follows:

- sword
- axe
- bow
- spear

The above four are most important. But in the unlikely even anyone wants to make these then additional other medieval weapons would be good.

- mace
- crossbow
- staff
- dagger
- short sword
- broadsword

etc

Could someone make a minuteman unit? I'm trying to change the American unique unit to one that is more useful, and more appropriate.

Spidernova two have already been made.

Here and here

If you're not already aware of them, two places to look for units are are:

Civilization Fanatics' Forums > Downloads > Civilization III Downloads > Civ3 - Unit Graphics

Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION III > Civ3 - Creation & Customization > Unit Graphics > The Unit Library

The unit library thread contains lots of older stuff that never made it into the downloads database.

Could someone make the following units?

Wraith hive ship

Wraith Cruiser

Wraith Dart

If someone could do this i would be really really greatful! :D
Hive and cruiser will need bombard animations as well, thanks. :)

Clicking on the list would lead you to the thread with the creator name in it...

Using "Search" on the Creation & Customization / Units forum, and Zeppelin as keywords would have allow you to find it very quickly yourself.

If it's non human, there is 90% chance the units has been made by Wyrmshadow. None human has in "ship, tank , aircraft". If you are looking for dwarves, elves, etc, don't look in Wyrmshadow galleries.

Top Bottom